Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dai Stihó, cousin! - Introduce yourself here!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dai GossamerAtara! I'm Elita (You can call me by my real name, Claudia, too).

It's great to see some new faces around here, especially ones that haven't read all the books yet! You'll love them. I'd be careful browsing the forums too much, though, as there are quite a few spoilers for the sixth, seventh, and eighth books littered around. It's better with the ninth because it came out so recently (just last year). You joined at the perfect time too, we've just recently started getting news about the 10th book. You've got lots to look forward to.

Anyway, happy reading, and welcome to the forums!

Comment

• Oops, sorry I made a thread instead of posting in here.

Here's something interesting: A list of all of the pronunciations of all of the words that have been provided by the books (in other words, all of the words of the Speech that were ever printed in the books; and their meanings):
      youngwizards: Speech words

Comment

• Dai, hrasht! (I totally forgot about that one! Hmm, some of these I don't even recall reading... are some from the Feline Wizards' series?) I can see you're a devoted person already, Gossamer! I loved your list of words... DD really has a way with them, doesn't she? Good to have them all in one place!

Feel free to explore the forums (does that make it sound like a playground or what?) and definitely have a look at the FAQ. I don't know much about the Wiki, but maybe you could help out there. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by GossamerAtara View Post
          Oops, sorry I made a thread instead of posting in here.
          No worries. With my awesome mod powers, I can merge threads.

Here's something interesting: A list of all of the pronunciations of all of the words that have been provided by the books (in other words, all of the words of the Speech that were ever printed in the books; and their meanings):
          youngwizards: Speech words
          That's cool! But you might have even more fun with the Errantry Concordance, which DD herself maintains. It's sort of an encyclopedia of all things YW.
          Last edited by Kathy Li; September 20, 2011, 05:57:09 PM.
          New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Hello everyone!

I've been a fan of DD's books for... Wow, 10 years. I was 12 when I was first introduced to the series. I'm lucky enough that I had an amazing English teacher in 7th grade, she read the first chapter to us and I was hooked! Been a fan ever since.

As for some random details about myself... I'm a college student just a few semesters away from getting my Bachelors (thank goodness!) I also work full time. Life is crazy and busy, but still fun. : ) Even with my crazy schedule I'm able to pursue some of my passions. Namely reading and theatre. : D

Anyway... Glad to be here and looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Comment

• Dai, Cousins!

I'm an animal science student at university (hoping to get into grad school so I can make dog biscuits not taste like cardboard), and I've been reading DD's books since I was in middle school. Growing up in the rural US, science fiction/fantasy books, especially with strong female characters (let alone protagonists) were hard to find, so when I discovered DD's work, I glomped onto it and never let go.

I'd have to say that High Wizardry is my favorite of the books, with Deep Wizardry and Wizards at War coming in close behind. I love Sker'ret to pieces, am wondering where Roshaun has gotten off to, and I miss Ponch.

I'm hoping to see Diane Duane at Worldcon 2012 in Chicago (if she comes, I'll be cosplaying as either Nita or Dairine), as her works were a light in the darkness to me when I was younger.

Once again, Dai, and I hope to get to know you all!
              For Science! - Agatha Heterodyne, GIRL GENIUS!

Comment

• Heya!

I'm Mitsu, as so many affectionally call me. I hail from colorado and am a English major working on my own books. For a quick idea of me: I'll read anything, sew fanciful and fancy dress/costumes, run 5 miles every-other-day (and do various other sports), play violin, rock climb, take adventures, write-wirte-write-write, work at a mexican restaurant, and watch anime. Oh, did I forget mischeif making? Just kidding.

I have to say that I've been reading these books ever since I was little and have devoured them many times over (at least twice a year ). I'm excited to have found the site finally and this discussion board. GO DD!
                Give a man a fish, and he'll stink up the entire village. Give him a fishing pole, and he'll poke your eye out.... See where I'm going?

Comment

• hi

Dai all,
                  I'm Rianne, a bookworm/ aspiring crazy cat lady living in the SF bay area. Besides books and cats I love to sail, write, walk in the woods, and talk, mostly. I'm really glad I found this forum, because none of my friends will even pick up a yw book. (we all share a passion for fantasy, but I'm the only one who likes wizards. AND steampunk. AND dragons. AND science fiction. so, yah.)

Comment

• Hi, my name is Phantom, but most people might remember me as Not So Silent One.

My account has some bugs, and for some reason, we don't know why, my account no longer allows me to post, even though I don't have an aol email... go figure.

So anyways, it's me, nasa, back from the grave and more active than ever. I remembered this place and thought, hell, I might as well try again. Around the net though I am more commonly known as Phantom, so I stuck with the name.

Comment

• Hi, my name is Viperiform. Although, you could shoot any name you wanted at me, and I'd still respond.

I'm just your run of the mill quirky wallflower. Nothing too dreadfully special or exciting about me. I live in the St. Louis area, but actually don't get out of the house much. I spend my time drawing, reading, or watching a seasons worth of a tv show in one night. As far as books go, I'm very much a fantasy lover, urban fantasy my absolute favorite. Well, that and dragons. I will never pass up anything about dragons being portrayed as something other than mindless, bloodthirsty treasure hoarders.

I first started these books back when I asked my mom to read the first one to me back in Kindergarden. Thirteen years later and I'm still hooked. What can I say...I'm loyal to my favorites.

Comment

• Hey, Welcome everyone!

It's really cool to see new people around here, or returning members. I lurk around here mostly, and it's been pretty quiet.

*hands out straitjackets and cookies* (Is that still done? I haven't been here in a while...)

Rianne: I know how you feel. None of my friends would ever go near YW, and it made me sad. And Steampunk, Sci-fi, and Dragons are all quite epic. ^_^

Phantom/Not So Silent One: Oh hey, I remember you! It's too bad about your account, though. :/ I hate it when that happens.
                        Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Reintroducing myself, because I'm pretty sure it's been a couple of years now. Geeze...Anyway, I'm Ink.Knight, though I generally go by Kris these days. Also if you were in the old chatroom way back when you might have known me as JPW AKA JediPirateWizard. I couldn't decide on a fandom back then. As of now though I am a firmly ensconced Whedonite and a fanatic fan of the Syfy series Warehouse 13. I got to feeling nostalgic and found my way back here. So dai stiho everyone!
                          Duct tape is like the Force. It has a Light Side, a Dark Side, and it binds the Universe together.
                          "Oh. So...what, you liked it 'cause it was shiny?" - Logan Cale
                          "I'm sixteen. Of course I'm hungry." - Ben Skywalker

Comment

• Originally posted by Ink.Knight View Post
                            Reintroducing myself, because I'm pretty sure it's been a couple of years now. Geeze...Anyway, I'm Ink.Knight, though I generally go by Kris these days. Also if you were in the old chatroom way back when you might have known me as JPW AKA JediPirateWizard. I couldn't decide on a fandom back then. As of now though I am a firmly ensconced Whedonite and a fanatic fan of the Syfy series Warehouse 13. I got to feeling nostalgic and found my way back here. So dai stiho everyone!
                            Hey Jedi PriateWizard. I do remember you. XD It has been quite a while now, and welcome back to the forums. Speaking of Warehouse 13, I am also a fanatic fan o the series, just picked up season 3 on DVD and currently watching the 4th as it airs. I really cannot believe some oft he choices they've made with the story, but I have no complaints because they really add more chances for progression story wise and character wise. :3

Anyway, once again, welcome back and hope to see you around.

Gibby Gibson
                            "Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." ~G. K. Chesterton

Comment

• Comment

• Dai Stiho, cousins!

I joined a few months ago but didn't get around to this and then the Forums were down. Anyways, I love the Young Wizards series and can't wait till the new one comes out! Anyone have any recommendations as to forums I should be sure to check on? Also, if there are any Auburn fans out there, War Eagle!

Comment

Working...
                                X