Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dai Stihó, cousin! - Introduce yourself here!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kk: Thanks!! Yes I collect books, and thanks for the straghtjacket and cookie, I'll eat the cookie, then put on the straightjacket!!!One fact about me is, I can't type or write just one question mark or exclamation point. There has to be two or more, So they are not lonely.
    I will guard growth AND ease pain.

Nita's thoughts: "So, a total of two weeks to save the universe, huh"

Comment

• Originally posted by kk View Post
      Sir Read-A-Lot: Hiya and welcome! Square dancingg is cool, as is strange logic! And what type of stuff do you do on the robotics team? ^_^ *hands straitjacket and cookies*
      The team competes in the FIRST Robotics Competition and the VEX Robotics Competition.

I personally have worked on the manipulator subsystems, but am currently a programmer.
      "Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise." - The Duchess, Alice in Wonderland

Comment

• Dai,

My username says FragmentsofReality, but please, call me Mels. I started the Young Wizards series when I was about seven or eight, quite a few years ago now. To put it simply, it was love at first reading. There's a sort of...reality, of bittersweet, fierce, impossible determination written into these books that make them impossible to put down. I still trawl through the children's section every time I enter a book store just to ensure I haven't managed to miss a new book somehow. The characters - I can't do them justice in their description, but I can try. The characters are awe-inspiring. The reader believes in them, grows to love them, gets drawn into their troubles and fears and exultations. A more rich and multifaceted cast is difficult to find. These books were the guardians of my secret hopes when I was a child - if I was going to be a wizard, I was going to be one like the wizards that came forth from the end of Diane Duane's pen. And although the wizardry is still nonforthcoming, the books are marvels, nonetheless.

~Mels
        "She stood at the precipice of the Universe's end, alone against the Dark, knowing that She could not win, and that with Her defeat Her life would cease. Still She smiled, and the sight was more brilliant and terrifying than the spear wrought of sunfire She held ready to throw...with a radiant joy, she marched defiantly to battle against the Dark one final time." ~FragmentsofReality

Comment

• Dai!

Welcome to the forums! I totally agree with you about the whole wizard thing. If I could be a wizard, it would definitely be this kind! (or maybe the kind from Tamora Pierce's Tortall books, but that'a a different story entirely) There's definitely some thing special about these books, for sure. If you want to get to know more of us, you can head on over to the ToGR, or Topic of Great Randomness, for some non-wizard related stuff. But others than that, have fun roaming around the site!

Oh, I almost forgot! Have the traditional plate of cookies and straitjacket! *gives* The cookies are the brand of your choice, to eat, and the straitjacket is to contain the insanity that everyone here has, to some degree at least! =)
          All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they really happened. And after you are finished reading one you feel that all that happened to you and afterwards it all belongs to you: the good and the bad, the ecstasy, the remorse, and the sorrow, the people and the places, and how the weather was.

Comment

• um......hi?!

Dai! I'm new to the forum and absolutely love,love the young wizards series!! I have been waiting and waiting for book 11 and stilll can'twait.

1 question 4 Kathy Li: how did you become a senior on duty? Is it because of how many posts u have made or some other unseen force.....

Comment

• "unseen force" would be the answer on that one. DD herself asked me to help out on the board as an admin, hence the "Senior on Duty" title being bestowed. The late great Peter Murray was the other "Senior on Duty". Garrett Fitzgerald has chosen a different title.
              New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• heyo

Dai, everyone, I'm Kaytie (or Kite, I respond to both ). I've been reading these for as long as I can remember, although I've always had to hide them from my dad, seeing as he doesn't approve of fantasy fiction. So, in order to finish A Wizard of Mars at a hair appointment before going home (so I wouldn't have to smuggle it inside) I asked the stylist to cut off another inch. Daring, for me.

Comment

• hi!

Hi I'm Sarah! I started reading the series after my sister. We're both kinda in love with it. My favourite books ever? While searching for news on the 10th book I stumbled upon this site and decided to join. Still figuring out how to use everything but it all seems great!

Comment

• Dai!!

Dai Stiheh cousins!! I'm new to the forum but have been reading the series for years. I only got really into it last year or so though. Since everyone is always reading HP or Twilight, never this, I thought that no one else really knew about it . . . until I found this!

So... I guess that's all...
                    bye
                    ~LifeSong

Comment

• Dai!

I'm Julia, and I obviously didn't come up with a very creative username. I don't really do the whole forum thing much, because I'm technologically challenged (pathetic at age 16). But this all looks pretty cozy here! I mostly do a lot of random theater things (props, costumes, stage managing, sometimes even acting). I like puzzles, books, tea, classic movies and scouring the internet for vintage couture.
                      I really liked the books when I originally read them 4th-6th grade (books 1-8) and just got back into them this year (when I should have been studying harder for AP economics). I learned that the ninth book came out and purchased it Friday night very excitedly. I finished it yesterday and simply cannot wait for the next book! I'm really lurking about on this site in order to find out when the next book comes out.
                      I'm very pleased to meet you all!

Comment

• Dai, all! I'm Wade, 23 I suppose. I started reading the YW books in the range of 2001-2006 while I was in high school. Being a techie and loving a way with languages real or fake, I fell in love with this universe. Still haven't managed my way past book three. Trying to work on that.

I'm almost positive I had been registered YW.com or YW.net and held a few conversations before the merge, so if any of you guys around still recognise my email, say hi and I'll probably have no idea who you are. :P
                        "My gnaester hurts."

Comment

• Dai!

I'm Stellazira, but many call me Az or Azira. My mum introduced me to the Wizard books a number of years ago and I've loved every one of them.

When I was reading Deep Wizardry for the first time all those years ago, I have to say I've kept the "read the small print before you sign the contract" with since the first time I read it. I always imagine a bird on my shoulder when I see some paperwork with a lot of fine print. :P I guess I read it at a point in my life when I could remember it and use it wherever I went, and boy has it been useful.

I'm 19 and currently studying at university. I spend a lot of time playing games and talking on gaming forums, hehe.
                          How do you wake Lady Gaga up in the morning?
                          You poke her face.

Comment

• Well, the usual welcoming committeee are on holiday, or something, so...

Hi Kaytie. A pity your dad doesn't approve, but I think your trick at the hairdressers was a good one.

Hi Sarah. Good to hear you can enjoy the books in company.

Hi Lifesong. Yeah, sometimes the high-profile books get all the attention, and folks forget that there are other worlds and other stories that are also worth reading. Glad you found us.

Hi Julia. It's interesting re-reading books. You often see something different in them a second (third? more-th ) time round.

Hi Wade. The forums here have been through a few changes, and sometimes the changes do seem to have left a few folk behind. Glad you found us again.

Hi Stellazira. Good for your mum, for introducing you to the books. My dad always insisted on reading the small print. I think computer companies deliberately make their small print so small and so lengthy that it's almost impossible to read.

Welcome, all, to the YW forums. Hope you have fun here.
                            -- Rick.

Comment

• Dai Stiho

Dai cousins,

Haven't gotten around to reading AWOM yet but love the rest of the YW series.
                              My manual never arrived physically, but I hear it in the sound of the wind on a rainy day. In the rhythm of the waves at night when the tides of the moon cause the waters of the oceans to dance with the green earth. And in the call of the heavens in my every breath.

That's about all for now. I'm at your service.

-Johnny raine

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X