Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dai Stihó, cousin! - Introduce yourself here!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dai stiho, and glad to have ya! Have a straight jacket! Have a cookie! Have a brain! **Goes and fetches one** not sure what you'll do with it, since if you're here you must have a giant one already, but still - it's a brain!

Oh, and watch out for that zombie - he looked preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeety mad about losing it. ((Just a taste of insanity life on the forums. :P ))
    I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
    For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• Hey, hey, another zombie freak!
      How well acquainted are you with thinkgeek.com? Or with Plants Vs. Zombies?
      I know the answer! The answer lies within the heart of all mankind! The answer is twelve? I think I'm in the wrong building.
      -- Charles Shulz

Comment

• Dai everybody. You can call me Ink I guess. I was here a while ago. Like years ago. But I stuck only to the chat and I have no idea what my password was. Plus my name was stupid. So I'm starting fresh. Can anybody guess what I'm reffering to with this name? *grins*
        Duct tape is like the Force. It has a Light Side, a Dark Side, and it binds the Universe together.
        "Oh. So...what, you liked it 'cause it was shiny?" - Logan Cale
        "I'm sixteen. Of course I'm hungry." - Ben Skywalker

Comment

• Dai, Marigo, dai, Ink, welcome to the forums!
          Since it hasn't been done yet I get to give Ink the straitjacket (I keep spelling that with a gh, and then going back and fixing it) and cookies.
          Have a straitjacket, Ink! And a cookie or three!
          The only knight I can think of in the YW world is Darryl. Is that it?
          I know the answer! The answer lies within the heart of all mankind! The answer is twelve? I think I'm in the wrong building.
          -- Charles Shulz

Comment

• Dai, everybody. I signed up a few days ago, and I'm estar9821, no nicknames about it! I've read books 1-3 and at this rate it won't be long before I finish the whole series that's out so far. But I have a question. Does anyone know if DD has a certain number of books planned for the series? Is A Wizard of Mars the last one, or will there be more? Thanks.
            I'm so glad I'm here!
            "This will look great next to my restraining order from Leonard Nimoy!" ~ Sheldon, Big Bang Theory

Comment

• No DD doesn't have any certain number of books planned she is leaving the series open ended until she decides differently I think, anyone correct me if I'm wrong.
              "These are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others."-Groucho Marx

"What is scientific fact? An oxymoron. Science does not deal in facts. It deals in hypotheses, which are never fully and finally correct."-Orson Scott Card

Comment

• afraid i'm more into dragons than zombies ((Sorry to disappoint.))

Anyway - welcome to the forums. **puts your straight jacket on you to restrain the wheeing** You'll find us crazy, strange, and largely insane - I hope we fit your tastes!
                I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• Thanks. I've stopped wheeing now. Now I'm gazing around in wonder at the magnificent blogosphere. Or forumosphere, but blogosphere sounds better. Eh, well, couldn't find a happy looking around smiley, pretend that one's happy.
                  Thanks, I hope DD's Young Wizards series is infinite! I was worried there would only be ten books or something.
                  "This will look great next to my restraining order from Leonard Nimoy!" ~ Sheldon, Big Bang Theory

Comment

• Help

Um hi I'm new and I need help can some one point me to the forum for grenfelzing I think that's how you spell it oh and my names toby
                    Last edited by Tobiasscrabble; December 4, 2009, 07:48:39 AM.

Comment

• Hi Toby letme be the first to offer you the traditional straightjacket and cookies. I certainly hope your crazy because everybody else here is. So welcome to the forums.
                      "These are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others."-Groucho Marx

"What is scientific fact? An oxymoron. Science does not deal in facts. It deals in hypotheses, which are never fully and finally correct."-Orson Scott Card

Comment

• Ha

You know that is so funny because I was in a mental health thingy three of them and it wasn't because of violence but merely bad luck and all I got out of those places was a jab with a pool stick and many practical jokes good times right ha
                        Last edited by Tobiasscrabble; December 5, 2009, 03:43:35 PM. Reason: Bad humor

Comment

• Huh...just one question. How can we type if we all have straightjackets on?
                          Wait! Lightbulb!
                          We use wizardry and the power of our minds!

Comment

• Greetings everybody.

I finally got around to joining the forum so I could enter the competitions, but I thought it would be a tad rude to not introduce myself beforehand...

I've been an occasional (guest) lurker for a while now - as some of the topics on these forums have been very interesting.

I originally read the first four books several years ago (as in 7-8 years ago) when the library still had them. I thought that was all there was for a few years, until I stumbled across The Wizard's Dilemma in a second-hand bookstore, so of course I had to find and read the rest of the books. Therefore, I have read all of the Young Wizards books to date.

Interestingly enough, I was first introduced to DD's wizards world when I read The Book of Night With Moon from my school library (we had an awesome librarian at the time), and didn't read SYWTBAW untill a couple of years later.

Well, that's it from me, you can wake up now...

Comment

• I know I'm barely more than a newbie myself (ha, look up the page) but I want to offer you two your straightjackets and cookies, in keeping with the age-old tradition. Hmm, maybe I'll even give you some milk too.

Comment

• Welcome Sherman!! Post a lot...don't lurk, because the more the merrier! \
                                *gives cookies: oooo *

Comment

Working...
                                X