Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dai Stihó, cousin! - Introduce yourself here!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dai Cinna! Welcome to the forum!

I'm not quite sure I can explain the smiley, but I like it!
    "Doctors help you to live, the Arts give you a reason to live."

Comment

• Hello there, I'm Kathryn. I've been reading the books for eight years (I'm eighteen now), and I introduced my sister to them as well. They're my therapy books. I read them whenever I need to work out what's going on in my life, and they fix me up nicely. The YW series is one that has influenced my view of the world more than nearly any other. The books taught me about wonder, hope, and bravery, three things that you aren't supposed to talk about seriously as an 'adult'.

I joined the forums a while back, but completely forgot about them for some inexplicable reason. Well, I'm here now! Dai, everyone. It's good to be here.

Comment

• Dai Stiho, Priellan, Kathryn, Cinna, SilveredBlue, Deus Ira, and anyone I may have missed!

*hands out straitjackets and chocolate cookies...though you can have other types of cookies if you like*

Cinna: No clue about that smiley...is it hungry, perhaps? Cheerful? Froglike? Sneaky? Quick?

SilveredBlue: Strangely enough, that was my favorite color in 6th grade, when I was reading the YW books for the first time!

Kathryn: I do that too, and those are very influential books... A lot of DD's other stuff is like that, too. Ever read "Stealing the Elf-King's Roses"? It's very good like that, I think.
        Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• "Doctors help you to live, the Arts give you a reason to live."

Comment

• Thanks

Thanks for the cookies and the straitjacket, kk, much appreciated. I've been meaning to get one for a while now... and cookies are always cool. Any cookies. Any time.
            Last edited by Cinnamon Wind; November 24, 2009, 11:01:26 PM.
            I know the answer! The answer lies within the heart of all mankind! The answer is twelve? I think I'm in the wrong building.
            -- Charles Shulz

Comment

• Dai everyone I just signed up yesterday and Im a huge fan of Diane Duane. Im in the process of reading the latest Young Wizards book for a second time.
              "These are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others."-Groucho Marx

"What is scientific fact? An oxymoron. Science does not deal in facts. It deals in hypotheses, which are never fully and finally correct."-Orson Scott Card

Comment

• Dai, NR!
                I'd welcome you with straitjacket and cookies, but I think that's someone else's job...
                So just hey for now. Welcome. Hope you're as insane as a lot of people here, self included, I like insane people...
                I know the answer! The answer lies within the heart of all mankind! The answer is twelve? I think I'm in the wrong building.
                -- Charles Shulz

Comment

• Cinna: You are fully allowed to welcome people with straitjackets and cookies! In fact, it's better if multiple people do it, then you get a ton of straitjackets! Cozy...

And so, NickRyan, a straitjacket and some cookies for you! *gives*
                  Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Thank you and and ya I'm relatively insane. I'm at least crazy enough to stay up until midnight playong soccer.

"What is scientific fact? An oxymoron. Science does not deal in facts. It deals in hypotheses, which are never fully and finally correct."-Orson Scott Card

Comment

• Yep, sounds pretty insane to me... anyone playing soccer, ever, of their own free will, is insane in my books.
                      i am a couch potato.
                      i REVEL in being a couch potato.
                      -- Charles Shulz

Comment

• Haha, me too, Cinna! Soccer... *shudder* I don't do sports. I speed-read, and that's a dangerous sport enough. Papercuts, gah!

I enjoy being a couch potato... or a rocking-chair potato, in my case. Mmm, tea and books...
                        Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Dai, everybody! I'm Mia. I stumbled upon this site around a year ago (after reading the books, of course!) and just now got around to creating an account. (helped along by the fact that there's a release date for AWoM now!!!! squeeee!!!!) I had the books recommended to me one summer by a librarian and fell in love - the YW books are one of the few series I can stand to restart soon after finishing.
                          I'm "relatively insane," as NR puts it - I ran cross country this year, just for kicks. But I also enjoy musical theatre, astronomy, and good books (okay, brain candy has its moments). Randomness is fun!
                          And by the way, I am very much enjoying these smileys.
                          So...do I get a straitjacket and cookies, too?

Comment

• I thought about running xc but I didn't. I did run a half marathon though and learned something very useful; it is a good idea to train for those.

Comment

• Dai stiho!

I'm the long absent crazy dragon writer, or Young Reader as i used to be known around here. ((In case you ever hear anyone reference me as a YR.))

**Is proud to present you with straight jacket and cookies**

Don't do much running, personally - i'm a sprinter, sadly.
                              I can claim the insanity - along with many other college members - of jumping into a freezing lake at midnight, in my underwear.

To make things worse - i'd done that exact same thing earlier, in a swim suit.... I still can't believe i willingly put myself through that TWICE.
                              I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                              For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• Hi everyone!

Dai! I'm glad to be here, I've been reading the books for the longest time, and hadn't become a part of the online community yet. I'm so glad Diane is coming out with the new one!

Comment

Working...
                                X