Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dai Stih, cousin! - Introduce yourself here!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice to see you! Your old accounts still here, if you created another - you can probably get them merged, like I did.
    I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
    For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• Dai all!!!! Remmber me??? I couldnt get on my old account for some reason (agfish92) How is everyone??!?!?!?!? Ive missed you all and ive gotten intouch with kevin, but not the rest of you.

Comment

• Welcome back SilverFish ;p you might be able to get the accounts merged. Try sending a message to Lee.

Comment

• Ariel! Forgot to tell you about my screen name change, I think, but it's still me. Besides, you stopped calling me yr a loooong time ago.

It's great to see you here! (Just becase I knew you were coming doesn't mean the shock of seeing you post is any less. )
          For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• has anybody tried taking the oath like me?

i first read one of the wizards books in 2000 when i was 23 years old and i took the wizard's oath and i went on an ordeal that lasted 7 years in regular time because i did do some time travel spells that worked so the ordeal actually went on for over 180,000 years because i challenged the lone power to a 19 year ordeal with my life on the line with the prize being if i passed all fiction characters would be alive with free will and if i didn't pass then i would be killed. well, unbelievable as it sounds, after i challenged the lone power with the 19 year ordeal, i ended up in another universe where diane duane published her first wizard book in 1981 and i took the wizards oath when i was four and the ordeal didn't actually end until last year in november after fighting the lone power for over 180,000 years because we fought in time travel fights. but anyways i have never regretted taking the oath because it's true like it says in the books having extraordinary experiences makes it all worth it. whenever i get the chance i tell people to take the oath and try it for themselves. but anyways back to my original question has anybody tried taking the oath?

Comment

• I think a lot of us have tried taking the oath, but it never seems to do anything... well, anything extemely noticeable. Some people have gotten jobs, or had electronics work; or other good things happen to them. But still, I don't think anyone's said that they've been able to travel to the moon, or anything, yet.

Welcome to the forums, glm132001! Try posting to the Topic of Great Randomness, where everything is random! It's a lot of fun there.

Oh, and I almost forgot, the complimentary straightjacket! Everyone has one, and we give them out to new people; because we're all crazy here, and everyone new eventually becomes as crazy as we are! It's fun! It's normal for people to receive more than one straightjacket, just to let you know. In case anyone else gives you one...

Have fun!
              Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Such as me. *Hands you another* mine has wings!
                It's good to meet you. I think. Keep up the insanity, and you'll fit right in here!

Comment

• “I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.”
                  -Groucho Marx

Comment

• Hi, I'm Silverclaw. I just signed up. this place seems really cool.
                    -Dreams are nice, but sometimes you have to live in reality. -Perhaps, but dreams are MY reality.
                    -It's only impossibe if you believe it is.
                    -Existence is belief. I believe in magic, so it's real to me.

Comment

• Hi everyone! I'm Lifini. I've always loved the Young Wizards' series, and recently I've been re-reading them all, and the re-ignition of my great love for them lead me to join this site. I'll be able to post more often in a week when I get back to where I have wireless.
                      ~*~
                      ...to have been this once, completely, even if only once: to have been at one with the earth, seems beyond undoing.
                      - Rainer Maria Rilke, The Ninth Elegy

Comment

• Welcome Silverclaw, lifini! I hope you enjoy the forums, and getting to know us insane members.

Have a straightjacket and some cookies! You will need the straightjacket, because pretty soon, you're going to be insane, just like the rest of us.
                        "at least i thought it was a wall. It sure felt like one. It was hard, it was flat. It stretched out on either side of me. You know... wall." -Bobby Pendragon

Comment

• Hola everyone! If any of you remember mm, or magicmaster, that's me. It couldn't find my login name since the move so I had to make a new one.

BTW I never got a straightjacket!
                          Last edited by bookworm438; February 16, 2009, 03:39:40 PM.
                          Visit KasChat Network!

Comment

• *hands Bookworm438 a jacket, carefully making sure that she stays out of the path of the others reaching to make sure she gets one on too* Welcome back! Welcome to all the other new members, and remember to have fun! This is a great forum to discuss the books, but remember that it's important to post more than just a line... The FAQ's are good reading.
                            There is Always DEEP Shadow where there is MUCH Light!
                            "I will meet the terminally clueless today...idiots and those with hairballs for brains.... I do not have to be like them, even though I would dearly love to hit them hard enough to make the empty places between their ears echo..." Rhiow - TVTQ

Comment

• Hey everyone! I'm not exactly new here, but dai stiho! (I still can't do accents.... not really a computer wiz... hee, hee!) I just wanted to say hi and the books are so addicting and eventually you do go insane....lol!

Also, have any of you read the Diana Wynne Jones books? They are AWESOME!!!! (and so are you DD). If you haven't, you should. One comment for WAW is "...Stands between the worlds of DWJ (wizardry ex.) and Madeleine L'Engle (scientific ex.)

Hi again!
                              "Just how have I failed to notice Neets is hot?" ~Kit

~Lover of great books ever since she could read~

Comment

• =]

Originally posted by Kathy Li View Post
                                Guys, I think it might be nice to have one single live thread where newbies can introduce themselves, rather than a proliferation of threads.

If you're new, welcome to the boards! While you may want to lurk awhile or read the Board FAQ to see how we do things around here, you can also just jump right on in to the discussion.
                                Hello =]
                                I am Ann Nicole. I am just very fascinated by everything magical... and i would love to know where i can find how to become more knowledgeable about it... Like the language, and well, just about everything. Plase msg me and tell me anything about it, Please!
                                ~AnnNicole~

Comment

Working...
                                X