Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dai Stihó, cousin! - Introduce yourself here!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, i'm wen. I used to frequent this when chat was always open, but left for ages. Yesterday i found our how to get a biteless apple boot screen so i posted and i'm back!
    Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?

-The Book of the Dead
    --sabriel

Comment

• Hello all. I'm Shiina (sometimes) and I'm not sure yet what kind of person I'll be here. I have to admit I've had a few wizardly experiences though!

I came to this site because I realized Ms. Duane hadn't posted on her blog for so many months. I was suddenly afraid something happened to her!

Comment

• Hi, as my username implies, I'm a total bookworms.I have posted a few times before, but have only gotten to the newbie section today, while i'm home from school with a stomach ache.....I have read the DD books so many times that I think all the stamps for the YWs books at the library for the last...4?...years have been to meI am sorta obsessed, obviously.....Who has read the short "Uptown Local"? I thought that was so cool.....Does any one know if DD will do any book sighnigs, and where?? I haven't got any sighned books from fav authors, and TP isn't in Pennsylvania till July '10 and I have a feeling I'll miss it.....sorry, I tend yo ramble, but don't we all
        All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they really happened. And after you are finished reading one you feel that all that happened to you and afterwards it all belongs to you: the good and the bad, the ecstasy, the remorse, and the sorrow, the people and the places, and how the weather was.

Comment

• Dai!

I'm currently re-reading these books to keep my mind off of midterms, and so I've been exploring! I used to lurk here a lot when I first read them years ago, and so I thought it was time that I actually joined in! I'm excited.

Comment

• Welcome welcome, everyone!

96bookworms: Oh, I've read Uptown Local several times. I recently bought the book that it had originally been published in; the short story book "Dragons and Dreams." It's such a good book...

running_alone: Ooooh, your username is the name of one of my favorite songs, and it's also the song that was mentioned in HW. So which did you hear first, the real song, or its book mentioning? I read it being mentioned in the book, then googled it. I've since become obsessed with Journey and Steve Perry.

And others, welcome and I'm sorry if I missed you! Straitjackets for all! *hands out straitjackets, and cookies*
            Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• kk: Wow, you got the reference! I'm highly surprised. I wasn't sure anyone would. Honestly, the book is where I first heard of the song. But I have always loved Journey.

Comment

• running_alone: Awesome! What's your favorite song by them?

I wonder if anyone else would have gotten the reference...A while ago, I mentioned "Running Alone" back on page three of the "songs that make you think of the YW books" topic, and nobody remembered that it was mentioned in HW! :/ It made me kinda sad.
                Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Hm... hard question. Don't Stop Believing is a classic, and I had way too much fun doing karaoke with that one. It was probably the first one I'd ever heard.

I agree that it's sad that no one remembered. It's a good song. And a good part of the book!

Comment

• Dai cousins, I made this account a while ago but I never logged on to the Forum so guess what, now I have.
                    Footsteps in the snow suggest where you have been, point to where you were going: but where they suddenly vanish, never dismiss the possibility of flight....

Comment

• kk thank you for the straitjacket.....i'll treasure it forever.
                      Running_Alone: I also really like that song, and that part of the book is one of my favorites!!
                      All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they really happened. And after you are finished reading one you feel that all that happened to you and afterwards it all belongs to you: the good and the bad, the ecstasy, the remorse, and the sorrow, the people and the places, and how the weather was.

Comment

• It's a good song. And I agree, thanks for the straightjacket! I've always wanted one of those! :P

Comment

• I finally got around to becoming a member..been reading the posts on and off and meaning to for months!
                          Anyway:
                          Dai stiho, cousins, I'm SilveredBlue.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilveredBlue View Post
                            I finally got around to becoming a member..been reading the posts on and off and meaning to for months!
                            Anyway:
                            Dai stiho, cousins, I'm SilveredBlue.
                            Dai! Welcome to the forum!
                            "Doctors help you to live, the Arts give you a reason to live."

Comment

• dai, everyone!

Hey everyone, been meaning to join for ages but never got around to it.
                              Then I saw the contest.
                              And I had to.
                              So... here I am!
                              Sorry, I tend to write in short, choppy lines, comes of keeping a journal in free verse.
                              My name is not Cinnamon Wind, it's Nina, you may call me either one. Well, you don't have to call my Cinnamon Wind, that's kind of a pain to type... you can call me Cinna. I am so obsessed with YW... I've never been in a bookstore that sells them, Montreal bookstores being what they are. But if it ever happens, yes, I will definitely foist SYWTBAW onto them.

um
                              Can someone explain that smiley to me, please?
                              As you will notice, my mind tends to wander.
                              Look, a monkey!
                              Like that.
                              About the name, it's from A Clash of Kings, second book of George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire. It's a ship (I'm not) but I love it, so whatever.
                              Dai, people,
                              Nina
                              or Cinna
                              Whatever.

ps: I had to write an autobiography for school last year. I called it Running Alone. HW's where I heard of it... awesome lyrics.
                              Last edited by Cinnamon Wind; November 23, 2009, 08:26:36 PM.
                              I know the answer! The answer lies within the heart of all mankind! The answer is twelve? I think I'm in the wrong building.
                              -- Charles Shulz

Comment

• Hey there. You can call me Priellan, P, any variation of that, or K. Finished the latest YW book a few weeks ago and needed somewhere to discuss it, and this sounds like the perfect place. =) Hope to have fun on here!

Comment

Working...
                                X