Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dai Stihó, cousin! - Introduce yourself here!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I used to be more insane than I am now... but the lack of good professors in the music ed department kinda got me depressed and stuff... but I'm getting some of my old insanity back. I'll need it when I teach.
    2 Saxy 4 u 2 Handel...

Comment

• Not exactly new. ..

Howdy!

My name is Kinsey. I was a member back in the day. . . five years ago, now? My account was lost long ago, but I remember a fair number of you. Or I should, at least. I was Dee's counterpart. Now I have returned, and am trying to figure out this newfangled system. Can anyone direct me to Chime? Is Cedric still the accepted nickname? Oh man, I'm having flashbacks already. It is good to be back.

Comment

• Dai Stihi cousins!

Hi im ZegreDragos. I hope to be welcomed and not shuned out into a black hole somewhere

Comment

• Welcome back Kinsey! Have another straight jacket, in case your other one has tears, holes, or is just worn out. And of course, cookies. I have peanut butter chocolate chip on hand at the moment. Enjoy!

Hey ZegreDragos! Welcome to our insane filled forums! Like Kinsey, you get a traditional straight jacket. Also, since I gave away the cookies, have some cookie's and cream ice cream. Yum! Anyway, have fun here!
          "at least i thought it was a wall. It sure felt like one. It was hard, it was flat. It stretched out on either side of me. You know... wall." -Bobby Pendragon

Comment

• Welcome ZegreDragos and Kinsey!

Kinsey: I think things are a lot different now... I've been a member for about three years, and I don't think there's been a Chime for a while now. Or at least, I've heard nothing of it; especially since they moved the forums. As for Cedric... I think that nickname might return if the chat returns.
            Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• good to be back!

So Hi! I had a lot of trouble this past year... somehow, I became extremely busy, and it seemed as though so many things were going on at once. I kept attempting to come back on, but it never worked... So here I am! I don't have school now, I have loads of time on my hands, and I am determined to not let any more disasters happen.

I've still got my straightjacket and everything, though it is rather worn out

*happy sigh* I don't have too much to say, I think I'll go and look around at all the topics I've missed.

Dai!

(later)

how are the points and levels decided? Do you get points from posting or being nominated?
              how do you do quotes in this new forum? and italics?

I'll look for this in the frequent questions area soon, but now I have to go... I just wanted to ask here too. Thanks!

Dai : )
              Last edited by smile; July 7, 2009, 05:34:42 PM. Reason: I almost had two posts in a row
              "And on he went, out of sight in unhurried grace; the true dark angel, the unfallen Destroyer, the Pale slayer who never really dies -- seeking for pain to end." Deep Wizardry, page 355 Listen, and I'll tell you a story... of the wind in the trees, and the sun, the moon and the stars... of all of Earth dancing

Comment

• Um, hello. I just started here...I have been meaning to join the forums for, oh, several years now, probably, but I never got around to it before.
                I first found Young Wizards when is was in junior high school--about the same age as Nita and Kit are in SYWTBAW. I've been following their adventures ever since. I've read all eight YW books, and both of the print-published Feline Wizards books, but I haven't gotten around to reading "Big Meow" yet. I like the feline wizards, though. My mother's cat is named "Rhiow" (because she was supposed to be my cat, but I decided it would be cruel to keep her cooped up in a little studio apartment).
                Um...I'm really not sure what else I can say. Sorry, I'm not very good at introductions.

Comment

• I'm Elemarth, and I can be found by the same name on fanfiction.net, mostly. (If you write, please post something for Young Wizards there! Something that doesn't include romance would be especially refreshing...) So apparently I signed up for this in April. It was rather surprising to see that my email address was already in use here...

I am going into college, probably as a history major. I like good grammar and spelling and try to use it. I'm not big on romance, obviously (though I could swear at least 80% or more of our YW fics on fanfiction.net are, which means I have something to complain about.)

I like our numerous forums, though I'm not sure how I'll decide what to look at when there are so many choices. And I really want these smilies on other sites...

Comment

• Hi and welcome, Elemarth!

I also have a fanfiction.net account (I'm Technopoet, there), but I do admit that I write romance...mostly, in fact. But I think I will try (attempt, probably fail at, heh) writing a non-romantic one; because I agree that there are too many romance ones on there.

Also, welcome Miaka Kiri! That's cool; I started reading the books around the same age as you did. It's cool having book characters that are your age at the time you read the book.

Oh, and to both of you I give the customary straitjackets:
                    *hands straitjackets to Elemarth and Miaka Kiri*
                    Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Welcome SaxySullivan, Kinsey, ZegreDragos, Miaka Kiri, Elemarth, and anyone else I might have missed. I offer straightjackets to you all, along with some kiwi. Kiwi is my favorite fruit.

I am SO GLAD to be back.

Comment

• Dai Stiho, I'm EbonyGirl. I love the YW books(obviously) and I also love reading in general. I've read all the YW books numerous times, probably more than is healthy, and I have the excellent luck of living right next to a library. I have a fanfiction.net account too, my username there is StrangePhenomenon, because, well, I'M STRANGE! Um....I also love the Warriors books and I think Dairine/Roshaun is the bestest pairing EVER!!

~Pleased to meet y'all, Ebony

Comment

• Welcome, EbonyGirl! Hey...I remember you! You're the 'not normally cheerleader-esque' one, who was hyperish on fanfiction.net... I still need to write more YW fanfiction, it was a good reminder.

I'm on fanfiction.net too, my username is Technopoet. Fanfiction is a fun thing... Oh, and I live right next to a library, too!

So, here's your traditional straitjacket *hands out straitjacket* and welcome again!
                          Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Lol, yeah. Anyway...*grabs straightjacket and puts it on* Thanks for this!

Comment

• Dai! Diana Duane's books are absolutely genius! I love all books having to do with magic, and Diana Duane goes all the way into creating an entire universe of it!

Comment

• Dai, everyone, I'm new!

Originally posted by Shandurai View Post
                                Wow, how friendly I'm Shandurai and I signed up yesterday, so would someone please tell me what some of their favorite things to do on here are? I love Diane Duane's books, she's such a great author...

-Dai, Shandurai
                                I actually started this series with Rhiow's story, the Book of Night With Moon."
                                I'm glad the feline series is continuing on-line with "The Big Meow". Is anyone else reading it? I can't wait for chapter 8! And the new Young Wizard's in 20101
                                I wonder if Rhiow will ever get a tom of her own? He could be neutered, since she is "unqueened" or spayed. Would a tom even be interested in her that way? Maybe a Wizard one would...what about it?

Comment

Working...
                                X