Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dai Stihó, cousin! - Introduce yourself here!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dai Stihó, lovelies! Not to risk sounding obvious, but I'm new here. However, I've been reading/re-reading/re-re-reading the Young Wizard series since I was 11 or 12. I'm old now (almost 20) so it's been a good long time, and yet I never thought to look for an online community, which is completly out of character for me since I'm in almost every online fandom I love as it is.

Anyway, my name is Rem, I'm a 19 year old college student who does mediocre art and tells okay stories (I'm hoping to fix that as I practice and study more and more). I plan on majoring in teaching Biology and Art to highschoolers, but I have a not-so-secret dream of owning a bakery or cafe, so I might end up going to a culinary school too.

Nice to meet you all!
    <hr color="gray" width="25%" align="left" size=1>
    Earthbound- http://www.iridiansea.net/earthbound

Comment

• Hi!

I'm new here. (Shocking isn't it?) And I'm really bad at these welcome threads, I never know what to say. Well my name is Jamie and I'm 15 years old. I love the Young Wizards series and I just decided to do a google search and see what it came up with. Yay google! Anyways, I love the site already.

Dai,
      Jamie

Comment

• It's ok, Rem, some of us are older than that. I've been reading Diane Duane's books since I was 15, and before she wrote the Young Wizards series. I'm 40.

Hi, Jamie! No worries, you're doing just fine.
        New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Dai, everyone!
          I'm Stormwind, and found the Young Wizards series about 2 years ago (Which is strange, considering I've been reading Diane Duane for years, Star Trek books) And find that I love them as much as Harry Potter, and Tamora Pierce!
          I found the Books with Rhiow and company to be some of the best Adult Fiction I've read, I love Rhi.
          While I'm no longer a young adult (I turn 31 this year) I still find that the best writing is done for the youth.
          I look forward to visiting on here.
          There is Always DEEP Shadow where there is MUCH Light!
          "I will meet the terminally clueless today...idiots and those with hairballs for brains.... I do not have to be like them, even though I would dearly love to hit them hard enough to make the empty places between their ears echo..." Rhiow - TVTQ

Comment

• Hi, Stormwind! Welcome to the boards. There are a few of us oldsters [grin] who are Diane Duane omnivores, and follow her where 'ere she roams. You might be interested in her bibliography/filmography. And also the websites for The Big Meow and The Raetian Tales.

And I know what you mean about YA fiction. I've been reading Sharon Shinn, and while I love Mystic & Rider, it was The Safe-Keeper's Secret that got me where I live.
            New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• hello yet more new people! nice to meet you! and if you continue posting, no doubt i'll continue meeting you in the future since i tend to post all over the place...WHat can i say? when you can't get into chat, your forced to go to great lengths if you want to keep up with things. plus, i like posting anyways, so...anyways, nice to meet you, and i'm warning you now: we're all insane. as shown in my post. of course, by now, having read said post, i've no doubt made you insane enough to no longer care anyways. *grins*
              I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
              For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• Eh. I'm lazy when it comes to getting 'round to being active in various forums, but once I do, I really do. I've got almost eight thousand posts at the one I've been spending most time at in the last four years...

Anyway, hi. *waves sheepishly* Tria. Nice to meet you all. Clinically less than sane and naturally quite happy that way. ;D I'm 21, British, Aspie, Unitarian Universalist, lesbian-identified (those last two are just included as highlights on where my little opinions come from, in case anybody wondered, or really cared)... I run a certain lady's author fanlisting... if there's anything else you want to know, please do ask. ^_^
                Las Vegas Boulevard is jammed, and I'm in love...

Comment

• Dai everybody! I found this website not too long ago and, once I got on (which took ages), absolutely love it! I'm convinced that there are no sane people in the world and that normal is synonomous with boring, so now that I've read everybody else saying that they're insane my theory has been proved correct! Sure is great to meet people who actually know what I'm talking about when I mention the YW series; most of the people I know have never even heard of the series *looks shocked at the very idea* Oh well, their loss.
                  "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism
                  Define the universe and give 3 examples.

Comment

• You know, it's funny, but you, gigo35, you ermind me of the Gigo we all know and love on the forums....for whatever reason. I don't know.

So, anyways, welcome to the forums, peeps!
                    just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

• Thanks Kli6, I'll be sure to check those out!

Edit: Groan I forgot about that simple rule! Thanks Rhi for reminding me of it! *laughs* that's also what I get for not being able to come back a lot, I miss little things like that!
                      There is Always DEEP Shadow where there is MUCH Light!
                      "I will meet the terminally clueless today...idiots and those with hairballs for brains.... I do not have to be like them, even though I would dearly love to hit them hard enough to make the empty places between their ears echo..." Rhiow - TVTQ

Comment

• dai im wizy
                        its a long long walk to the end of the earth... but let me tell you if im walking to you then i'll walk farther than you would have dreamed possible.

Comment

• Dai! I am new here as well, and yes, my username pretty much describes me. I love Dairine (mostly because I look the way she was described in the books, with the red hair and everything)

Comment

• Dai stiho, newbies, and welcome to YW.net! *laughs because she herself is a newbie* Oh, and since 3 people have violated the rule in a row...here at YW, we try to avoid 1 and 2 liners because DD's the one paying the bandwith, so when you comment try to keep it from getting too short. The more substance you offer, the more people can reply to. *feels slightly smug at her first official "rule enforcing"* Yay for the newbies!!!
                            "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism
                            Define the universe and give 3 examples.

Comment

• Dai Sti'ho. I don't know why I have taken so long to become a member of this forum. I first discovered the Young Wizards series a long time ago when I was 15. I found "So you want to be a wizard" at the library and the title grabbed me out of all the other ostentatious and generic titles there. I gave it a shot, and loved it. Later I found a copy of "Support your local Wizard" at the same library and purchased it for three dollars!(yay!)

Anyway, i'm here now, and happy at the new revitalized Wizards series. It's easily my favorite fantasy series of books.

Comment

• Welcome newbies! We don't bite...much. However, we're really big fans of the rules for some odd reason (not that it's a bad thing.) Mainly just standard Nettiquete (weird spelling...) You know, correct spelling, grammar, capitalization...write like you're in English class, only less formally. We like posts with substance in them as well; one liners are not welcome, because they waste DD's money (she pays for this thing herself, you know.) Basically, that's it...feel welcome. Read the FAQs; it makes us all happy when you do.

Oh, but Elder Math? We're only supposed to have text only signatures, so it'd be nice if you could get rid of the picture. Thanks, and welcome!

Comment

Working...
                                X