No announcement yet.

Nita and Kit...Yes or no??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ta-da! hehehehehe! Yes, I'm hyper. Dunno why--I haven't had chocolate/caffiene for awhile.

I am what I am
    I'm super fortified hundred proof girl with a band
    and I'm a velveteen rabbit made of steel with a plan...
    I'll save the planet change the world
    I'll make a one girl stand
    --Superchic[k], 'Real'
    My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
    OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
    --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• think about this , Dair and darryl

Comment

• Meh. Not likely: I cite extreme personality conflicts. Darryl's too much of a saibnt for Dairine...
        T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
        Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
        Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
        Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
          OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
          --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• *grins* Could we go into more detail on these personality conflicts (perhaps in another thread)? I don't know about shipping them -- especially any time soon, considering Dairine's started noticing boys her age and older, whereas Darryl is (if I'm recalling correctly) barely 11 now and presumably needs to get used to remembering the rest of the world exists and hit puberty before he'd even start thinking about romance. Still, I'm not sure I follow "too much of a saint" -- saints are, as noted in the book, not necessarily lacking in fire, boring, or inaccessible, and considering the cat we saw serve as an avatar for the One also called Her a "rag-eared kitten-eater" in a moment of temper earlier in the book.... Well, anyway.

I think Kit and Nita make excellent friends; I don't think being romantically involved would have to destroy this (and don't see why it would be weird to have them start such a thing while saving the world -- now, if they STOPPED saving the world for that purpose, that would be really weird to the point of being appallingly out of character as well as, you know, not making sense -- though I still think wizards' dating probably is as eventful as the proverbial wizard's holiday), and I think they have shown attraction for each other.

(Actually, we've had Kit be fairly clear about being physically attracted to Nita -- that line about her not wearing skirts that short most of the time "And it's a shame!" followed by his noting that his father had described this as part of "revving up." Kit does not seem terribly worried about this, and I'd assume Nita is not the only girl he would classify as physically attractive. From Nita, what comes to mind first for me was her attack of nerves during HW -- where I think it's pretty clear that she's feeling very murky. Muddled about what she feels and what people might expect her to feel and whether the latter is affecting the former one way or another, that is. And definitely sure she doesn't want to lose him as a friend, but unnerved at the idea of this OR romance being... enforced somehow. Which is understandable.)

What they have not shown is anything to make romance inevitable, largely because neither of them has felt entirely definitive on the topic.

Ronan was an experiment of sorts, I think, aside from the genuine attraction. Nita was away from home, somewhere she wasn't going to be staying and with people who didn't already have an elaborate set of expectations of her and who wouldn't get an elaborate set of expectations regarding her and Ronan -- precisely because she was there temporarily. Of course if they wanted to pursue a long-distance relationship they could do it, but the situation was... well, in my experience I'd compare it to a summer program during high school; more generally, perhaps, to any time you meet someone cute on vacation and flirt, even kiss, without everybody you both know all of a sudden deciding you're an item and that any end to this situation has to be traumatic. (Yes, I found the real-life shipper types in middle school VERY ANNOYING. And I wasn't even trying to kiss anybody.) I think their attraction was certainly real, though I do wonder jokingly about this business of wandering through the poor guy's mind instead of concentrating on the kiss -- but I suspect that part of it was knowing nobody would go expecting it to be eternal if they didn't feel like it.

I am not explaining myself well. I like Ronan, though -- better on subsequent readings than the first, I admit; I finished reading High Wizardry on... well, something of an emotional high, and Abroad wasn't what I had been expecting to follow it. ...Perhaps I should also admit that I like him better the more I see people announce randomly that they hate him.

Comment

• I think you're explaining yourself extremely well. And, as it happens, I agree with you. High school may be a good time for experimentation (within limits), but anything serious should probably wait until later...except that Nita and Kit are both much more emotionally mature than many people their age. Still, they have time.

Comment

• *grins* Well, let's not go too far. My parents met at ages 14 and 16 and got married four years later, and they're still great together.

I'd say Nita and Kit have already made at least one lifetime commitment -- wizardry itself. They can drop it, of course, but... I would be surprised. And they seem to have been a relatively normal age for it, and arguably that's more "serious" than anything romantic or sexual. But I still agree with your main point; physiologically and in particular culturally they're not quite ready for the other. Or at the least aren't sure they ought to be, which is close enough and probably a lot wiser than thinking they ARE ready when they aren't.

Despite what Nita agreed was the case in Ireland. "Were you?" and she said yes, or at least nodded, I'd have to look it up.

Comment

• They're probably will sooner or later......all those adventures they've shared together - you just can't replace it.

"Far off, where is the inmost depth beneath the earth;"

-- Homer

Comment

• Kit and Nita? I wouldnt be too suprised if the got to gether

In Death there is Life.

Comment

• Dai Stiho KD! (I'd do the little accent thing, but I'm too lazy and never do anyway.) You haven't gotten your newbie pack yet have you? Just annoy birdhead until she's on and gives you one.

"That's right," he said. "We're philosophers. We think, therefore we am."
                      -- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)
                      *Look kindly upon the decaffienated one*
                      Midbies of the forum UNITE!
                      Kawaii Bunny Avatar (kba) NOT EVIL!!!
                      --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• i think that nita and kit would be good together. and it seems like things are going that way. and not only does nita's family/friends make fun of her, but the same happens to kit. for example, in alone, one of kit's friends says something along the lines of, "okay, so if you weren't going all fuzzy(daydreamy? i can't remember the word) on her (a.k.a. nita) then what's the deal..." and carmela constantly makes fun of kit, saying things like, "thank god you've got nita, you have such bad taste no one else would date you!" personally, i have no problem with the aspect of nita and ronan either. maybe nita and ronan will try the long distance dating for a bit, and that will force kit to face his feelings for nita (?).either way, i think something will happen between nita and kit, and if it doesn't ::shrug:: then it doesn't.
                        Call me Q :-)

you never know who your real friends are until the hard times come. When it isn't all happy laughs and fun. sometimes your old friends will rough it & stay. but usuall they tend to fade away. If they fade, do not fear, bcuz better fr

Comment

• How can you be so...so...unfeeling? It will happen. It must. I will cry otherwise.

"That's right," he said. "We're philosophers. We think, therefore we am."
                          -- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)
                          *Look kindly upon the decaffienated one*
                          Midbies of the forum UNITE!
                          Kawaii Bunny Avatar (kba) NOT EVIL!!!
                          --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• thats real nice papercrane

I love YW series. Blah blah blah blah blah, I also think a;ldskjghas;dglhas;dfgkh. I am really crazy and stupid and funny and dumb and extremely smart. I hope I get to know everybody wish I was registered for this place since it was first here.

Comment

• I agree. "If it doesn't then it doesn't is really a rather pithy little opinion. Indeed, it "must" happen. Of course, in the end it'll all come down to Ms. Duane's (whats her preferred title, anyways? I'm always unsure as to how to adress one's superiors) decision...

Comment

• GMM: generally, DD will do, but she doesn't seem really to mind Diane or Ms Duane or anything. I think it was Vendalin, lord Raven who used to call her my lady, but I personally think that's a little OTT.
                                T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
                                Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
                                Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
                                Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Working...
                                X