X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *coughs* *twitches*

Mita. Lolz.

*stares* Is this a serious question?

Kit/Nita is soo very truely very fluffy-ish.

It would be nice if they got together, but it wasn't the "MAIN THEME". I mean, can you imagine an entire book in YW just devoted to Kit/Nita? Sheesh. Ack. *insert various other sounds here* *truck horn* *classical music*

But Kit/Nita is oh so very Kit/Nita-ish. Duh. XD

*hides from Kaiba* Ach. Do you HAVE to insist on that pairing? It's disturbing. It really is. It gives me nightmares at night. Well, it doesn't. But it's just plain freaky.

DEATH TO RONAN. Evil evil Ronan. I'm thinking about making a voodoo doll made out of paper with the word "Ronan" printed on it in ink, and burning it alive! Bwahahaha. Although how it's alive, I don't know. Maybe I'll just tear it to shreds.

And on that slightly disturbing note, I'll leave you,

Comment

• I have never been able to figure out why people hate Ronan so much. I like him. He reminds me of some friends of mine from high school. Matt, and maybe Nate a little, although Nate has gone a little...crazy (in a different way), or so I've heard. Oh, well.

I agree that Kit/Nita is fluffy and fairly boring. In an ideal world, it might happen, but the point of relationships in fiction is to cause conflict, not to smooth out the wrinkles, so, in addition, I don't think that relationship has much going for it, dramatically speaking.

Also? I think they know each other too well to date. Yes, I know that sounds sort of backwards, but it happens sometimes. It's happened to me and to people I know. You meet someone, kind of like them, then you get to know them. Really well. They're a great friend. And then you realize you would never want to be in a relationship beyond friendship with them.

Comment

• I think that it would be hard for either character to have a long lasting relationship with someone else simply because of their partnership and wizardry.

Now, assuming that they have any kind of romantic relationship with someone who isn't a wizard, that person(s)isn't going to understand their bond and closeness. No matter how secure you are, there are bound to be several jealous g/f and b/f for the both of them if this is the case.

The point is, even with someone else who has wizardry, it's going to be... it could be difficult for that person to deal with the fact they're having a relationship with someone whose got a wizarding partner of the opposite sex.

Nita and Kit have been through a lot together, they've saved each other's lives countless times and trust each other very much. Someone who doesn't understand that bond isn't going to want to 'share' their time with someone else.

Can you picture Kit dating some girl from school and her asking him if he can do something after school? Only Kit has to go to Mars to help Nita fix something... what the heck would he tell this girl? "Oh, I'm already hanging out with Nita."

Errr... that wouldn't look to good to her, and she may decide that she doesn't want to be second best to Nita. I can see her getting all suspicious about why Nita is 'monopolizing' his time.

Ohhh *head swims* Case in point: To someone else, wizard or not, the bond between Nita and Kit is going to look intimidating.

Comment

• The other kids at their school already think they're dating, they spend so much time together. (See TWD, for instance.) They may be so obviously "together" that nobody else they know would think of asking them for a date anyway. Kit or Nita would have to ask someone outside their partnership for a date, and they'd probably be asked "have you broken up with Nita (or Kit)?" as a first reaction.

(Which is basically what Lauren said anyway, I just pushed it back to before even a first date.)
          Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• I think Nita and Kit will definitely start dating. It may seem to fairytale-ishh but it's believable. I can definitely see why DD would be waiting to drop that particular bomb however, since it seems like the kind of climactic scenario that would come at the end of a series. Also if it happened, say in the next book, I would be afraid that there would be too many books afterwards for the relationship to stew and they would break up causing a serious tension on their wizarding partnership!
            "He who made kittens put snakes in the grass."

"Even if love does not dawn,
            The sun also rises,
            The day goes on."

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Murray:
              Although they were shy at first in Deep Wizardry, Nita and Kit weren't too bothered about being naked when they came out and Dairine saw them. But, in Wizard's Holiday, Nita's gone back to being shy again. Because she and Kit are older? Or because she's attracted to him?
              I think it ought to be remembered that Nita and Kit were very stressed and worried at the time (e.g. having to deceive Nita's parents, the Song of the Twelve situation with Nita to be eaten by the Master Shark), so much so that they didn't have time just then to fret excessively over it, IMHO.

Plus, I wonder if being 'naked' as whales didn't desensitize them to such human inhibitions at the time. IIRC the shapechange affected both of them in good and (especially in Kit) disturbing ways, making them think more like a humpback and sperm, respectively.
              Frog blast the vent core!

Comment

• Personally, I think it's inevitable that there will be romance or at the very least a romantic advance from one of them towards the other. What gets me is so many people assume this will either break the story, end the tensions between Nita and Kit, or result in some hopeless romance drivel.

Who's to say Nita or Kit will respond to each other, or maybe they will and further drama arises as a result. I believe it was in HW as Nita waited on the Moon, that she read in the manual that intimacy between wizards is meaningless without barriers to overcome (referring in this case to their decreasing ability to talk telepathically as they've become more intimate). Reading about Kita and Nita overcoming those barriers might be even more interesting and dramatic (as they reconcile their feelings with being Wizards and saving the worlds).

Things could get very rocky, perhaps a third party (not necessarily Ronan) will get in the way. I don't foresee smooth sailing into the horizon (not that I'd deny them all happiness, heh heh :-) ).

One thing's for sure - even if they do get together, or say one of them formed a permanent relationship with another person, it will be very difficult to eliminate their romantic tension altogether, and continue the series. While I don't put it past DD's excellent writing and imagination, IMHO this tension and building intimacy between the two (while a minor sub-plot) has been vital to the story as it stands.

Also, I'm not sure dragging it on as things stand is a good idea for many more books. Something has to give, and it's my belief it will enhance the story, not be the setback or cliche some think.

Anyway, that's my 2¢.
                Frog blast the vent core!

Comment

• Ohh good points, Wizardling. What with how DD has handled the 'tension' and 'build up' so far, I don't think she'd write any romance novel type drivel.

Besides, these books are originally targeted toward teenagers right? So there's a limit to what she can put in the books anyway. *I think, I'm not sure since I've never written a novel before, though I'd very much like too.*

I trust that she will write a naturally developing romance, and it won't be central to the plot because these aren't romance novels. She won't switch genres.

...of course, this means that I expect it will be addressed in the books. Maybe not right away, but it will eventually build up and grow to a point where it can't be ignored anymore. Ignoring feelings like that, and keeping them from each other, would change who they are - and in turn change their name in the speech. It would begin to effect their wizardry and partnership as a result.

Even after all my shipping trauma, I choose to be optimistic about how DD will handle this issue in the series. It will be as tasteful as possible, and hopefully none of the teenage soap opera drama like in HP. *wonders if she could blowtorch JKR* Errrr... 'kay, not going there. That's uncharted waters.

Comment

• I definatly think that romance is a-brewin.

ok, maybe not that much, but i think Nita and Kit will get together. I mean they're teenagers and all, and they've been through a lot.I agree with Lauren about how it will slowly build up.

besides, i was thinking about sum stuff in the 8th book with Roshaun, but i think it would be a spoiler, so i cant type it.

anyways, i also agree with what Lauren said before, about how they cant really have a good relationship with anyone esle because i mean, they datee is going to not like them being together....but of course, then they might not be talking to each other, cause theyre mad.

but whatever.... getting of the subject.

i really do think that they'll get together, but i mean, kit's uneasy about ronan, so maybe hell get a girlfriend to show Nita he can...??
                    just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

• Nita and Kit definately should get 2gether. They're made for each other.
                      I can't promise safety with these second hand wings; but I'm willing to find out what impossible means

Comment

• Ah, this topic. I've said it before, but I think N/K have what I like to call a Beautiful Friendship. If they can handle making it a Beautiful Friendship With Some Romance, let 'em at it. But it seems to me what DD is saying now is: Calm down kiddies, your day will come--but not so fast! Give them time.

Lauren, out of curiousity, what traumatized you about shipping in the X-Files? Yeah, the end was, er, shall we say, apocalyptic? But the shipping survived. I mean, they had a son (okay, so he was like, an alien or whatever, but he looked pretty cute).

Unless, of course, you were shipping Mulder/Krycek?

I Am The (Semi-Original) Roshaun Fan. Yay for Prince Unlikely!

Comment

• I just can't help it.

If you notice, DD keeps dropping hints everywhere, I think starting in High Wizardry. Even in DW, they're thinking about it a lottle, but they don't really. In HW, even Dairine picks up on it, and I quote
                          page 327:
                          Dairine was mildly bemused by the sight of them; she was going to have to stop calling her sister plain or dumb looking, and as for Kit, the thought crossed Dairine's mind that it was a pity that Nita had dibs on him.
                          I know, that can be interpreted a couple of ways, but I think that she knows before Kit and Nita do...assuming...
                          and on page 224, you can interpret that as either good friends, or that they like each other, kind of know, but not really.
                          Nita: So, her voice struck again, and she had to clear her throat to unstick it. I like you, that's all. A lot. And if you start liking somebody that much- well, I still want to keep the team going. If you do. That's all.
                          hmmm...*strokes chin thoughtfully*
                          In the fourth book, it is obvious that Kit is uncomfortable around Roanan. The Fifth and Sixth ahve nothing about that sort of thing, and the Seventh doesn't have much either...the Eighth? That would be a spoiler.

Ok, I've presented my side of the case. Whatever you decide is up to you.0
                          just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

• The fifth book does have Dairine suggesting the argument between Kit and Nita is because they haven't dealt with the whole Ronan thing. It's on page 56 of TWD's paperback edition. I don't remember Kit mentioning it in that book, but Dairine does think it's important, and Nita finds herself worrying about it on page 80.
                            Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• As much as I am pro- Ronan/Nita, and will probably be shunned from this topic for my prejudices, I think that Nita/Kit would throw the whole storyline out of balance. It would be neat to see what hapenned to their partnership if that ever did happen (mainly for those of us Tom/Carl shippers who want a basis to go on). But then the storyline would become more about them than the other stuffe- and what would happen if they broke up? That owuld get really, really ugly and would lead to complications that the series (in my opinion) really doesn't need.

Anyone?
                              PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
                              Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

• So the basic argument is that Nita and Kit shouldn't pursue any romantic notions because their friendship and partnership is at risk if they do? Umm...I don't buy it.

There're certainly risks. But the greatest risk, if they want to remain partners, is to do nothing and pretend nothing will ever change. Their partnership is tenuous simply by virtue of the stage of life they're in. There are no good solutions for them as partners without romance. It would be too weird if they were working as partners but seeing or married to someone else. Just doesn't work. Of course, they could go their separate ways, but that would just be sad. Can you see what I'm saying, then? If they want to A.) work as partners and B.) have any kind of a successful romantic life...and to be fair and honest in any romance...the only solution is each other.

Just my two cents!
                                I solemnly swear I am up to no good...

Comment

Working...
                                X