No announcement yet.

Nita and Kit...Yes or no??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can you be so...so unfeeling? It will happen. It must. I will cry otherwise
    Uh duh Nita and Kit? why the debate?
    oh yes...Papercrane, I shall cry with you.
    *runs away sobbing*

visit me! i did a pic of nita... *waves pic in front of everyone* My Elfwood Page

wEbstEr
    ~*^&^*~

Comment

• YESPAPERCRABE
      I like the idea of Dair n Ronan

~*KsSk8er*~
      Owner of Moondust
      Flying Tiger Racing queen of the World!! :grin&bounce
      Dai Stiho
      ~*KsSk8er*~
      "She leaped off the table and tore into the living room. There was a brief sound of scrabbling, and then from the living room, Kit said, "Uh, Annie, your cat just went up the chimney..."
      Dai Stiho:grin&bounce:

Comment

• I dpont really like
        ronan tho gotta go bye

~*KsSk8er*~
        Owner of Moondust
        Dai Stiho
        ~*KsSk8er*~
        "She leaped off the table and tore into the living room. There was a brief sound of scrabbling, and then from the living room, Kit said, "Uh, Annie, your cat just went up the chimney..."

Comment

• Alida: I went there, but I didn't see Nita...btw, I like the one of Eilonwy. Excellent light/shade contrast. (Only wasn't she blond?) I used to be this huge Lloyd Alexander fan...of course, he's still good, but Terry Pratchett currently rocks my world.
          And there are people who, for some reason, are N/R. Grr...*glowers at N/R fans*

"That's right," he said. "We're philosophers. We think, therefore we am."
          -- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)
          *Look kindly upon the decaffienated one*
          http://pub15.ezboard.com/ftimeheartf...opicID=3.topic
          My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
          OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
          --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• H'ray Elfwood! Lots of lovely pieces there. I didn't see Nita either, but the rest was quite good. Congrats + whatnot.
            KsSk8er: Proper punctuation and a moment of spellchecking make posts much more enjoyable to read. It takes but a moment.

Comment

• The pic of Neets was the one entitled "In Life." Does it help if I tell you that when you click on the link, you find out that the full title is actually "In life's Name?" I quite like that; although it's not my personal Nita, I think the feeling is lovely. Sort of ethereal with a big-sister type edge, if you know what I mean.
              T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
              Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
              Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
              Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• oohhhh I love the picture of Nita!! Sorry about the spelling and everything last time I was in a rush because of people nagging at me to get off the computer. *cough*evilparents*cough*
                I love the backround for Nita. Tui-- You're right, I didn't notice that. That's cool!!
                "TRUTH!! Freedom!! reasonably priced love!! and a hard boiled egg!!"

~*KsSk8er*~
                Owner of Moondust
                Dai Stiho
                ~*KsSk8er*~

Comment

• Ok. LOL gotta go again. see you guys tomorrow!! Kit And Sk8er Forever

~*KsSk8er*~
                  Owner of Moondust
                  Dai Stiho
                  ~*KsSk8er*~

Comment

• I think it's up to the author, but if I had to pick yes or no, I'd say no. There's a certain degree of tension that isn't out in the open very long, and I think if it became 'official' it would.... complicate things. After Jeanie and Major Nelson got hitched, we all know how that went downhill (waaaaay too much nick at night here, folks). The tension was gone and people stopped paying attention.

Yikes, did I just make a reference to I dream of Jeanie? I need to go take a nap.

-Retro
                    -Retro

Comment

• Retro, doesn't the example you give imply that a lot of the interest was in the unsettled romantic tension, though? It doesn't seem to me (though I suppose the eight pages of this thread might mean I'm wrong ) that the Young Wizards series is particularly dependent on that sort of thing for its interest. Diane Duane has a far larger range for emotion, plot, and humor.

Which is probably rather nicely shown by the fact that what we've got in the books currently is a very strong friendship and working partnership -- with both parties having given some thought to romantic or sexual interest, some for their own reasons and some because of expectations, but where neither party appears to have decided romance is actually what they want. And where this is dealt with believably and doesn't take over any of the books!

Comment

• Yay PK! *applauds sentiment* But...I'm still N/K.

"That's right," he said. "We're philosophers. We think, therefore we am."
                        -- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)
                        *Look kindly upon the decaffienated one*
                        http://pub15.ezboard.com/ftimeheartf...opicID=3.topic
                        My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
                        OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
                        --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• Ah, you misunderstand me. I didn't mean that YW requires any sort of romantic sub context, just that there is a gentle one brooding in there (I don't have my copies handy now, but there are moments where a thought crosses Nita's mind, with Ronin in book 4, and her mother thought for the longest time that Kit and Nita were "up to something"). If it is suddenly thrust into the open, there's an element of suspense between the characters that is lost. Surely you don't think I meant for the entire series to nosedive into romantic plots and things such as that. But if there are 8 pages of it, it means it's crossed a few minds, and I was merely giving a very bad example at a very early hour in the morning.

It adds depth and reality to the characters; that they're confused about their emotions (however briefly), yet able to unravel the mysteries of all creation at the same time. I don't think it needs to be a central theme at all, and that's not what I was implying. Merely that after two characters in a late 60's sitcom, where the theme was equal parts hiding the supernatural from the rest of the world and romantic tension, when one of those bubbles popped, it all went downhill and the series was cancelled. I'm not drawing conclusions, just giving excuses for being up so late and not being monitored for bad allegory. I prefer the brief, unsure wanderings into the subject rather than having it in the open and clamoring for more attention. I wasn't supporting that the relationship be more out in the open, but if it should lead to that then there's not much to be done anyways.

This all flies in the face of DD anyways, because it's her choice and I can't help but feel rude at discussing what she should do in her profession. Nobody comes around to tell me how bad I am at being a lazy, reclusivie graphic artist. She's the pro, let's let her decide where her characters go.

...Poor Dr. Bellows. Thinks he's insane.

-Retro
                          -Retro

Comment

• Retro: I didn't think you meant for the series to turn into a set of romance novels, no. (Mind you, I like quite a few romances, genre and no.)

Possibly you misunderstood me as well. I do know it's there, yes. And it's not that I thought you implied romance had to be a central theme so much as that it looked to me (based on the example) as if you were suggesting that if it ever were an open emotional focus for a while, the loss of its... um, lurking-ness would be seriously detrimental. Or could be, anyway.

Your point that I Dream of Jeannie was "equal part hiding the supernatural... and romantic tension" is probably the relevant one here really -- I'm not terribly familiar with the show, but this suggests that most of the emotional content was the romantic tension. I'm saying the Young Wizards series has enough of an emotional range that open romance really can't take over entirely, and neither open romance nor romantic subtext is critical to the series staying interesting. *g* Which may very well be what you mean by bad allegory.

Comment

• What we have here is a failure to eliminate I Dream of Jeanie from the collective consciousness of society.

... or at the very least, make it punishable by death for me to make posts on messageboards after the 18 hours without sleep mark has been crossed. Though preferably, the first option will do nicely. Never seen an episode? Jeanie makes trouble with her little head bob, Major Nelson spends episode getting out of it/hiding it from Dr. Bellows. Insert a few wise cracks from Major Heely and you can call it Television history. I call it an alternative to the Weather Channel at 4 AM.

Let us forget this ever happened, if only to never mention classic supernatural related sitcoms from 30 years ago... at least until somebody mentions Bewitched

-Retro
                              -Retro

Comment

• There's a certain degree of tension that isn't out in the open very long, and I think if it became 'official' it would.... complicate things (Retro)
                                So? Eliminate the tension and something else will raise it's head to strike. Friends as close as Nita & Kit share a far deeper understanding of each other's mind, and therefore simple even simple arguments can drive deep wedges into the relationship. That made no sense whatsoever, did it? *Sigh*

Comment

Working...
                                X