No announcement yet.

Nita and Kit...Yes or no??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erk. Haven't been around, have I? Yeah, Nita got rejected/removed. *glowers at the mods* I'll be putting her in the Zone once I actually upload the pics. And on Eilonwy's hair, it says that she has red-gold hair. I figured that meant orange...

Actually, there is a pic of Nita, but it's called "In Life" (I think). *sigh*

wEbstEr
    ~*^&^*~

Comment

• I only read the first page, then i wanted to write my opinion. I get the feeling that they will become spinsters together. Reading things and innuendos taken into account, they will get jealous if the other is taken by somebody. Doesn't nita freak out at the idea of kit having someone? I think wizardry and its consumption of time will never allow for other boy/girlfriends. And if they did become an item, it could affect their partnership. I think they will fall in love with each other but never speak a word of it.

Comment

• Don't you think that holding that in for too long would affect their wizardry? Isn't a form of lying? Omission of truth? Besides wouldn't that effect who they are or will be? Wouldn't being in love and not telling change them like they would change if they gave up their wizardry? I don't think they could hold something in that long and I don't think that's the type of people they are.

The worst thing about new books is that they keep us from reading the old ones.
        -Dai
        The worst thing about new books is that they keep us from reading the old ones.
        -Dai

Comment

• We-ell...yes and no. If Nita and Kit got together, it would be a fairly blatantly obvious cliche IMO, but it would be interesting.

Ronan? Noooo...I don't like Ronan. His personality just kinda rubbed me the wrong way, which might be part of the reason AWAbr is my least favourite of the series. (The other part is that it really didn't seem to fit in with the way the other books went.)

Comment

• I think that if Kit and Nita do belong together...I'm just not sure if falling in love is the best thing to do. They have a pretty stable working relationship right now, and falling in love could mess things up. However, I don't think they would fall in love with anyone else. 1, falling in love with another wizard would disrupt their partnership, which I don't think would happen, and 2, and non-wizard wouldn't understand what Kit/Nita was doing with the other wizard.

Alida, those pics you made were awsome! I really like In Life, Kajsa, Come September, and True Clayr.

Comment

• In my opinion, for what it's worth, Nita and Kit are such close friends that taking the relationship further could not harm it, and even an unreturned love could not drive them apart. To sum up: Nita + Kit FOREVER!

Comment

• *bows* thanks all around (this is Alida speaking, back from the land of screwed-up emails). Hey, if anyone wants to see some really excellent N/K art, look around on ff.net for CerenaCat's baka subupdates in her fic "Close Wizardry" (N/K sappy? Oh yes!). You will like, trust me!

...aLiDa...

"I assure you, I am cone sold stober." --Wizard Howl, from the novel 'Howl's moving Castle' by Diana Wynne Jones.

"Ah, duct tape. The stuff that holds the Universe together."

I Am The (Semi-Original) Roshaun Fan. Yay for Prince Unlikely!

Comment

• i guess it would be cool if nita and kit did have something between them, but i personally don't care...if ronan came back, it would definately change the whole thing.

Comment

• really i dont know why but i just dont like Ronan for some odd reason???

When can there glory fade?
                    O the wild charge they made!
                    All the world wondered.
                    Honor the charge they made.
                    Honor the Light Brigade, Noble six hundred.
                    -Alfred Lord Tennyson
                    "The Charge of the Light Brigade"

this is only a porthion of the poem. Its still good though!

Comment

• I like the idea of Nita and Kit better than Nita and Ronan. It's not that I specifically dislike Ronan, but I think Nita and Kit have a great partnership and it would break it up if Ronan came in. They really belong together, though not nessicarily as bf/gf.

Comment

• Yikes...hard topic!

On the one hand, DD has given us a little to work from. But not too much. (Thank goodness. Anyone remember how young these guys are? They're not ready for any of that!)

On the other, the absence of clues makes it a challenge to assume anything.

I will say this: I don't see much evidence that Nita and Kit are strongly interested at this point. Perhaps it's best as another put it: it's not inevitable. Not at this point. That's probably wise. It might even be part of the design, or simply natural. They're friends. For the most part, they've had other things to think about. I was suspicious, though when Annie's said she didn't think Nita and Kit's partnership was going to break. I suspect that partnerships of wizards of opposite genders are not common. It's hard...I'm trying to write a story about this part of it. The kind of risks we're talking about, the kind of pressures that come to bear when you involve romance in wizardry are pretty challenging. It would be a rare pair of wizards that could keep a relationship together, work effectively as partners, and not gravitate towards "safe" assignments.

I think Nita and Kit could manage it...if they got shaken out of their established patterns. It might take some serious time growing and developing apart, a prolonged rift between them. The basic compatability is there. From the start, they've always known how to help each other, thought pretty much on the same wavelength. Been each other's strength and support. That doesn't change in romance. Romance just adds other complications, stresses, and fears. There's hints that they could each find the other very attractive under certain conditions. You don't get that kind of closeness, rapport, without a certain amount of attraction. But they met when they were kids. You'd have to change patterns of thinking and behaving. And they'd both have to grow up a good bit.

On the other hand, I don't think a relationship with any other person could coexist with their partnership long term. Much less a marriage. Either the partnership or the relationship would break. A relationship could stand having wizardry as a higher priority...as long as it was the most important thing to both partners. But you can't keep a romance together if you're not willing to make it more important than your relationship with any other person. So we have a problem here: either the partnership breaks, they end up perpetually single and friends, or the partnership develops into something more. Neither of the first two sound very palatable to me. Life is tough. Choices are tough.

I console myself with the thought that these are two very special people. They'll grow and develop. They've faced enough and are close enough that they, of all partnerships, might have a chance at balancing partnership and romantic love without getting out of the game, letting the LP warp their relationship, or losing it completely if they lost the other. But who knows what they'll choose or how they'll grow?

I will say that I hope Nita quickly grows beyond finding an arrogant prat like Ronan (Roshaun is suspiciously similar...) attractive. Only generousity, humility, and selflessness will keep any relationship together long-term. That's the strongest part of what I think Kit and Nita do have going for them, if they learn to communicate better.
                        I solemnly swear I am up to no good...

Comment

• As well as Kit's "It's a shame" reaction, there's also Nita in High Wizardry, when Kit says "I didn't notice." To remind you, Nita's reaction was:
                          Oh, thank heaven, Nita thought, and immediately after that, He didn't notice?
                          True, that doesn't necessarily mean she wants him to be attracted, just that she both wants him to treat her as a friend, not a girl, but also notice that she's developing.

Although they were shy at first in Deep Wizardry, Nita and Kit weren't too bothered about being naked when they came out and Dairine saw them. But, in Wizard's Holiday, Nita's gone back to being shy again. Because she and Kit are older? Or because she's attracted to him?
                          Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• I am like the bigest k/n shipper. I think they have to get together. I mean If they dated anyone else, wizard or not, it would realy afect their wizardry. And if youll remember in i think it was HW how Nita and Kit were having trouble hearing each othe think so she looked it up in her maual, since i do not have the book then ill just wing it but i think it said something like wizrds who are heading tword permantant partner ship tend to where they get to where they cant hear each other think. Or at least it was something like that. But Kit and Nita just have to get together. They are so ment to be!
                            Don't take life so seriously- you wont get out alive anyway.
                            I just got lost in thought…it was unfamiliar territory.
                            If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown too?

Comment

• I haven't posted in a while on this forum, but here I am again.

Ahh shipping, after the HP fandom *not to mention X-files and Buffy* I'm sort of traumatized by the whole shipping-ness of anything.

However, since I happen to be a sap for things like this, I'm rather partial to the idea of Kit and Nita becoming romantically involved with each other. Since they are teenagers, however, there will probably some flings here and there before anything serious and mature develops.

Ronan is a good character, and I like him, but I got the impression that his 'relationship' with Nita was more strictly wizardry and not much else. Sure, they kissed, but it was more of a physical attraction/summer fling type thing.... at least that's how I saw it.

Either way, the characters are way to young to be worrying about permanent and committed relationships. There are plenty of other things occupying their time, but of course with the natural course of things, issues will arise. *I'm assuming...*

I agree with Lamarquise. There's much growing needed before something serious could be established permanently. Plus, adding the factor of wizardry into the mix with make it all the more complex, what with all the ways the LP could think of to get back at the both of them.

Comment

• Lauren: Ahh shipping, after the HP fandom *not to mention X-files and Buffy* I'm sort of traumatized by the whole shipping-ness of anything.
                                Oooh, shippings. O.O *points at siggy, where it plainly says "SHIPPER"* Me like shippings. But in this case I'm not my usuaul insane rabid slashing shipper...YW just doesn't slash or ship that well for me.

Kit and Nita seems to be likely, yet not entirely canon. *blinks* Oh, "canon" in the shipping-world means completely official. Anyway, they like each other, while their relationship would be rocky, it would probably work out. They're pretty apprehensive about the whole relationship thing, but I think that if they could only started, they would work out. Kit and Nita have been through so much together, it's got to have created some sort of bond besides being partners in magic.

Personally, I don't like this pairing much. It's just too simply and "boring" for me. And since there is no good YW slash, I prefer the totally outrageous pairings.

Comment

Working...
                                X