No announcement yet.

Nita and Kit...Yes or no??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd vote yes, for what its worth. I'd love to see them get together. I have an unpleasant feeling about it, though. I've been getting the impression that Kit would like to be more than friends with Nita, but not necessarily vice versa. Still, I could be missing something.

I like Ronan, but not for Nita. Actually, if the series went on for long enough I'd like to see Ronan with Dairine. She's too young for him now, but three or four books down the line?

The thing that would really bother me about Kit and Dairine being together would be that it seems incredibly unfair on Nita. There was a mention about her always having to struggle to stay ahead of Dairine - even when Nita becomes a wizard Dairine has to get in on it, and of course starts out more powerful than Nita did. If she even managed to muscle in on Nita's friendship with Kit, I think I'd start to dislike her rather intensely.

"Think how much worse it would be if life was fair, and all the awful
    things that happened to us happened because we actually deserve them. I for
    one take great comfort in the completely impersonal hostility of the
    universe."
    "Think how much worse it would be if life was fair, and all the awful
    things that happened to us happened because we actually deserve them. I for
    one take great comfort in the completely impersonal hostility of the
    universe."

Comment

I think they will get together or Kit might find someone because Nita did and he would give Nita a taste of jealousy but wouldn't really stay with each other. Kit likes her and she likes him I hope she doesn't end up with Ronan he is strange I don't like him.In Deep Wizardry to Nita says "Kit is great,for a boy" she added hurridely.
      I have difficulties with Gravity.

Comment

I remember something else too the Pig was like "I am always a sucker for young..........well people in your situation." That also poits towards a realtionship between Kit and Nita.
        I have difficulties with Gravity.

Comment

*grins* That is possibly the most telling quote in the whole six published books. Oh yes. Oh, indeed, that is the best support yet for K/N. I LIKE that quote.
          T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
          Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
          Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
          Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
          My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
          Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
          Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Personally, I love Kit. In my opinion the only person other than myself and my best friend, who would be good for Kit would be Nita. I think they should get together and my opinion is that even if they do get together and break up they might have issues for a bit but they'll get over it. They care about each other too much for it to destroy their relationship. And yes I do believe they love each other in their own way. Anything else would only make them closer.Just don't tell my best friend that .I babble.

The worst thing about new books is that they keep us from reading the old ones.
            -Dai
            The worst thing about new books is that they keep us from reading the old ones.
            -Dai

Comment

Em - did you get that quote from the traveling pants books? Just wondering..

Comment

I would love to see them as a couple but if they just stayed friends that would be cool too. But I personally didn't care too much for Ronan's character anyways. lol

~*^ Faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you cannot see ^*~

Comment

Unfortunately in A Wizard Alone it seems to me that the relationship as friends, between Nita and Kit, is becoming more and more distant.

I could also be wrong because I'm nit done w/ the book yet.

I would love to see them go out but at this moment I dont see it happening.

~Dai Stiho

"Kit nodded, glancing to one side as Carl came up from the basement with a very large roll of duct tape.  'Ah,' Tom said.  'The substance that binds the universe together.'" Go duct tape
                  "But victory's certain. Never think otherwise. There is loss, and there is pain, and in your home frame of reference, they're real enough, not to be devalued. But today the energy's running out of things just a little more slowly...for those who trus

Comment

I don't think that's the case at all; Nita just needed time to get over her mother's death. It's quite understandable for someone whose realitive died to require more time alone. In Wizards' Holiday or whatever it's called, Nita and Kit go to a different galaxy together, and they are bound to get closer there being the only humans in the galaxy.

"Deceit shall have its reward." - Timeline

Comment

• Kit2390: They were definitely more distant for a while -- in both Dilemma and Alone. I think they got two or three or so different transition periods piled on top of each other -- rocky period in their partnership, then the attempt to save Nita's mother's life, then the mourning period and Kit having his own odd situation with Darryl. Won't comment on the end of the book if you haven't finished it.

You know, I do kind of like Ronan. Granted this might be a result of bias, because I'm fairly sure I remember suddenly liking him a lot better right about the time I hit the discovery that he had the Defender riding alongside his soul. He's fun though. But then I enjoyed A Wizard Abroad a lot more on later readings than the first....

On the other hand, while I admit a Power WOULD tend to be rather distracting, I'm not sure what it says about the attraction level if the first couple times you kiss you go poking through the guy's brain trying to figure out who else is in there.

I am not answering the poll because I think Nita and Kit would work well as boyfriend and girlfriend, but they also work well as friends -- and I don't think they are being written as knowing what they want yet, and while there are plenty of hints the majority of them could be explained as the product of societal expectations. (Which is, in fact, probably the source of much of the characters' confusion.) I lean toward it, I think.

There was another poll for this with a "Whichever Diane Duane decides" response. Maybe I should've answered over there.

Somehow, however, I imagine that if Nita and Kit tried to go out on actual dates they'd end up being interrupted most of the time. Smaller version of the 'wizard's holiday' (lowercase ) situation.

Comment

• All good points, etc...
                        I'm terrible. I have nothing else to say, but I can't resist posting to say I agree... but there's some nice level debate going on here. It's interesting... and I'm kinda played out on this particular issue.
                        T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
                        Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
                        Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
                        Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
                        My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
                        Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
                        Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• Sry I haven't had time to respond. I just had surgery . so anyways...wow...umm...oh yeah. I did finaly finish Alone and I could see that in fact Nita did need time off, and that when she was better Kit and Nita became closer friends.

jen26: I have to agree w/ u on Holiday. Something has to happen between them, or at least to one of them

"But victory's certain. Never think otherwise. There is loss, and there is pain, and in your home frame of reference, they're real enough, not to be devalued. But today the energy's running out of things just a little more slowly...for those who trust their hearts a measure." Diane Duane, A_Wizard's_Dilemma
                          "But victory's certain. Never think otherwise. There is loss, and there is pain, and in your home frame of reference, they're real enough, not to be devalued. But today the energy's running out of things just a little more slowly...for those who trus

Comment

• I haven't finished Alone yet but...I would be really really disappointed if nothing happened by the end (of the series, not Alone...duh) But--it would be just too weird if they started going out together while *saving the world*. Still...my little sis just finished Holiday and she's still talking about how mad she is that Ronan kissed Nita before Kit did. I've got nothing against Ronan, but I can't say that I don't understand her. lol
                            My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
                            OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
                            --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• Hello, maybe Kit and Nita are not supposed to have a bf/gf realationship. It would be... wierd if they did.

Comment

• I can kinda see what you mean, but--I still think...well...Of course Nita likes Kit, she told Dairine that in DW, and I think Kit likes Nita...but what do you mean by saying 'supposed to'? As the Transcendent Pig would say, (I don't have the book right here so this is probably off, even for a paraphrase) 'Who is doing the supposing?'

"From a thick pile of dead leaves beneath a holly tree Hazel looked down a narrow path...the fern moved slightly in the breeze, but along the path there was nothing to be seen except a scatter of last year's fallen acorns under an oak. What was in the bracken? What lay round the further bend? And what would happen to a rabbit who left the shelter of the holly tree and ran down the path?"
                                --Richard Adams, in Watership Down
                                My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
                                OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
                                --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

Working...
                                X