No announcement yet.

Nita and Kit...Yes or no??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my little sis just finished Holiday and she's still talking about how mad she is that Ronan kissed Nita before Kit did.
    I hope you're talking about Abroad, here, because it would disturb me mightily to find out that someone has got their hands on that book without it being published yet! Basically, I'm asking if it's been published yet. Has it been published yet?

--Dai Stihó

Bishie
    'Mancer
    Foam Poet

Comment

• Holiday hasn't been released in the US but it's supposed to come out in October. I can't wait

~Dai Stiho
      "But victory's certain. Never think otherwise. There is loss, and there is pain, and in your home frame of reference, they're real enough, not to be devalued. But today the energy's running out of things just a little more slowly...for those who trus

Comment

• oops, sry! I just reread Abroad and wasn't thinking too hard...I called it Holiday because Nita was supposed to be on a holiday and that's how my mind works.

I am what I am
        I'm super fortified hundred proof girl with a band
        and I'm a velveteen rabbit made of steel with a plan...
        I'll save the planet change the world
        I'll make a one girl stand
        --Superchic[k], 'Real'
        My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
        OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
        --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• papercrane:"What do you mean by saying supposed to?"

Sorry for not being clear. What I meant was Kit and Nita have never shown sexual attraction for one another and it wasn't because Nita wasn't 'developed' yet. In Deep Wizardry, Kit and Nita saw each other naked when they changed from whales to humans, and nothing happened. And Nita's mother wouldn't have been worried about sex if Nita wasn't sexually mature. Do you see why I think they won't be bf and gf?

"Deceit shall have its reward." - Timeline

Comment

• Well, I think Nita really underwent puberty around High Wizardry or a bit earlier and Kit probably in Dilemma...and besides, as I said earlier, Nita does *like* Kit, she told Dairine that in DW, and I think Kit *likes* Nita (that last's just my hypothesis as we don't often get to 'walk in Kit's moccasins', to combine tired cliche with dubious metaphor and ancient unrelated proverb)...but hey, are you on?

I am what I am
            --Superchic[k], 'Real'
            OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
            --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• When your hormones are going nuts you don't know WHO you like. But you're gonna like someone - even briefly. What makes you think puberty happened in High Wizardry?

Comment

• Oh, just the first couple chapters...especially when everybody, even Tom and Carl, mention hormones about a zillion times...but other than that, just a hunch of mine.
                Seriously, I'd love to pull out a brilliant quote that would illustrate my point clearly, concisely, and completely but I don't own the books and HW is at the library. So I can't.

I am what I am
                --Superchic[k], 'Real'
                --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• Well which book was Dairine teasing Nita about her chest in? Do you remember?

Comment

• High Wizardry. That's when Nita was standing on those scales at the planetarium and then Dairine went to Mars and left the door open.

I am what I am
                    --Superchic[k], 'Real'
                    --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• Don't know if this helps, but I tried

"Nita had just got on the scale for Jupiter, which weighed her in at twenty-one hundred pounds.

'Putting on a little weight, there, Neets,' Dairine said behind her. 'Especially up front.'

Nita almost turned around and decked her sister. Their mom had just taken Nita to buy her first bra, and her feelings about this were decidedly mixed-a kind of pride combined with embarrassment. Dairine, sensing this, had been running the subject into the ground for days."

Hope the helped

~Dai stiho
                      "But victory's certain. Never think otherwise. There is loss, and there is pain, and in your home frame of reference, they're real enough, not to be devalued. But today the energy's running out of things just a little more slowly...for those who trus

Comment

• I totally forgot about this thread! And I just rediscovered it!
                        Kit2390--that's the quote I was looking for, or would have been if I had had the book.
                        And anyway, for all you non-N/K'ers--you can't deny there's chemistry going on.

I am what I am
                        --Superchic[k], 'Real'
                        --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• Nita & Kit absolutely belong together. They're like spaghetti and meatballs, cookies and milk. They're right for eachother. Also, Ronan annoys me because he's an interloper in the Nita/Kit relationship development phase. And I'm a hopeless romantic. What can I say?

Comment

• I totally agree with you. I am also a hopeless romantic. I think Nita and Kit are totally meant to be. They work together, their personalities balance each other. Even if they did get together if they broke up they would still be friends because they promised they would always be best friends

The worst thing about new books is that they keep us from reading the old ones.
                            -Dai
                            The worst thing about new books is that they keep us from reading the old ones.
                            -Dai

Comment

• ooh yay, my people at last!! I was starting to think I'm alone in the world. N/K forever!

I am what I am
                              --Superchic[k], 'Real'
                              --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• ok fine. maybe they do like each other.

Comment

Working...
                                X