No announcement yet.

Nita and Kit...Yes or no??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure that that necessarily makes sense, Lamarquise. I mean, it's not how Torvill & Dean do it. They're still partners, and married to other people.
    New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Come again? Ice skaters? (I just looked online.) I'm guessing, however, that they're not wizards who might accidentally fall privy to the others' thoughts, that they're not currently working together, and that they didn't have a family life to worry about while they were working with each other closely.

Let's put it this way: I find it extremely unlikely that a really close, effective partnership between two wizards of opposite sexes could coexist long-term with a good marriage to someone outside the partnership. Possible, perhaps. Very little is truly impossible. But you'd always be torn between your friend/wizardly responsibilities and your mate. Throw kids and providing for a family into the mix and...there's a reason why responsible parents and spouses need a little distance. Their duty, and hopefully their desire, is in their home and to their family.

Again, just my perspective.
      I solemnly swear I am up to no good...

Comment

• But, as you say, just your perspective, not a hard and fast ALWAYS kind of rule. And why T&D aren't telepathic, you couldn't tell it from the way they skate together. And yes, they had family life to worry about while working with each other closely, as both got engaged/married while still skating together in Olympic competition.

And you'll also find that the idea of being married and working together, which more or less entails being together 24/7 is something that fills a great many people with horror. As you say: folks need a little distance.

That vocational partnership and romantic partnership necessarily go hand in hand is more of an exception than a rule. But, of course, there are exceptions. I'm just saying it's not a simple case of "it has to work that way."
        New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Alida: About the shipping in X-Files. It just went up and down a lot. You know, the "Is it going to happen? Will it work? Are they going to live?" Just all the drama and ups and downs bugged me.

Towards the end of the whole thing, I just threw in the towel because I was tired of going all over the place with it. It's like HP and the shipping wars. People tear each other appart because they think their way MUST be the right way, which in the end just bugs me.

Since I can't help but be sappy like that, I am a Nita/Kit shipper now, but I've chosen to stay cautious about it. DD doesn't seem like the kind of author who would draw it all out and 'enjoy' the arguments between the fans *like JKR*.

I'm tired of soap opera. I want some consistency and realism. No more drama, man!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lauren:
            Towards the end of the whole thing, I just threw in the towel because I was tired of going all over the place with it. It's like HP and the shipping wars. People tear each other appart because they think their way MUST be the right way, which in the end just bugs me.

Since I can't help but be sappy like that, I am a Nita/Kit shipper now, but I've chosen to stay cautious about it. DD doesn't seem like the kind of author who would draw it all out and 'enjoy' the arguments between the fans *like JKR*.

I'm tired of soap opera. I want some consistency and realism. No more drama, man!
            And while it is knda funny to watch people duke it out over ships, I have to agre- there is a point where it goes just a wee bit too far. And I heart the series without all the teenage drama and angst (well, a little bit is good, but once you start to reach OOtP levels, then it's definitely way to much and we need to thwack the author soundly. And I have no intention of thwaking DD, be it soundly or not.)I deal with enough of it in high school, I don't need a ton of it in my favorite books.

*hearts DD for keeping the teenagery goop on a tolerable level* thank you thank you thank you!
            PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
            Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

• Oh, eww, no! I could never see Nita and Kit together. For one thing, they're pretty much each others' first & only best friend. You can /not/ allow something like that to change and possibly go bad. Those two are practically siblings! And they overhear each other's thoughts. For me, that just takes a lot of the romance out of their relationship.

Also, I happen to believe that the constant 'Nita and Kit are nothing more that friends', 'Nita thought of Kit as a brother' lines aren't just Nita in denial. They're there because they're true, and to keep N/K shippers from getting to many ideas.

And, even if Nita and Kit /do/ fall in love in the YW books, I would still be against it. I'm a total Nita/Ronan shipper.

Comment

• I'm gonna have to go with Ronan too. He was and is the all time coolest wizard. Shaun and Doris can rot.
                Ronan's my role model. He's cool, smart, and has a pen that can destroy whatever he wants it to. If only life were that easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Red Death:
                  I'm gonna have to go with Ronan too. He was and is the all time coolest wizard. Shaun and Doris can rot.
                  Oh, yes!! Thank you!!

btw, have you read The Phantom Of The Opera, or seen the play?? The Red Death is the Phantoms costume to the ball.

Comment

• Interesting. Do we need to make a "coolest wizard" thread and count the votes?

Frankly, the coolest probably (in my opinion) have to be Tom and Carl. They have experience and...well they just have style! Without any self-absorbed moping, rebellious attitude, or need to be unkind to anybody.

In any case...
                    I solemnly swear I am up to no good...

Comment

• Not only should Kit & Nita get together, they should do it soon! The way things are going the whole universey-thingy might just end before they get a chance!

Comment

• btw, have you read The Phantom Of The Opera, or seen the play?? The Red Death is the Phantoms costume to the ball.
                        No. I just read a lot of Edgar Allan Poe.

But I still don't see why Kit and Nita "belong together". I mean really, It's not very likely, in fact half of my class agrees with me on that. Trust me, that doesn't happen a lot.
                        Ronan's my role model. He's cool, smart, and has a pen that can destroy whatever he wants it to. If only life were that easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Red Death:
                          <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">btw, have you read The Phantom Of The Opera, or seen the play?? The Red Death is the Phantoms costume to the ball.
                          No. I just read a lot of Edgar Allan Poe. </div>[quote]

Oh, cool. Poe rocks.

But I still don't see why Kit and Nita "belong together". I mean really, It's not very likely, in fact half of my class agrees with me on that. Trust me, that doesn't happen a lot.
                          Neither do I. To me, they have more of a sibling relationship.

Comment

• Origionally posted by Chaylah:
                            Not only should Kit & Nita get together, they should do it soon! The way things are going the whole universey-thingy might just end before they get a chance!

well, I'm not sure how I feel about that. It makes sense, but yet it doesn't to me...

See, I think that if they get together, there will be others before them that they date (if only temporarily). I mean, it would be waaay too obvious if they got toghter now..It would ruin the rest of the Series in my opinion.

Origionally posted by The Red Death:
                            I'm gonna have to go with Ronan too. He was and is the all time coolest wizard. Shaun and Doris can rot.
                            *sputters* e-me-ha-cha? Euck...Ronan was a one-time thing. Please, spare me!! for Ronan, make room for Carmela!!

I think that Kit and Nita should get toghter, but it should be at the very end. It sort of reminds me of the Amber Spyglass, except it canNOT be so tragic in the end!!

meanwhiles, I'll just go get lost in romantic fantasies.....heh heh....
                            just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

• Ronan seems pretty interesting, and not entirely a bad person... and maybe Diane Duane meant for him to affect Nita/Kit's relationship so that it would make it more interesting and unexpected in case Nita and Kit do ever get together. I imagine Kit must be pretty jealous of Ronan, but who doesn't love a jealous boyfriend?

Comment

• But Kit's ... not her boyfriend. He's her best friend. The two are pretty mutually exclusive, or they should be.

The whole "best friend turns out to be the one you really loved all along" is a really manipulative trope when you think about it. But rather than explain why, I'm going to link to XKCD, which contains a pictorial representation of why Nice Guy relationships are definitely not something to aspire to: http://xkcd.com/513/

Comment

Working...
                                X