• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep. I agree with Birdhead.

Evil will always lose.- Miep Gies
    *Agent~M*
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
    "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
    "I could live

Comment

Tell me where the forum is, and I'll be there today or tomorrow. I LOVE arguing God, either for or against.

By the way, I left this topic at something like 4 or 5 pages. WOW! 13! Took me 3 days to read through it.

--Dai Stihó

We're on a mission from God.
      -Elwood Blues
      The Mad Expurgiator strikes again!
      --Mad King Soup IV

Comment

Wow. Ella you are soooooo lucky, 13 pages!!!! Actually, Where is Ella? I havent heard from her lately.
        Ella! Ella! Where are you?!

*Agent~M*
        "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
        "I could live

Comment

Well, first off, its a gaming forum- for Golden Sun (game boy advanced) to be exact.

We're arguing over... Hmm... Even I can't phrase this...over whether or not Christianity is the truth or just another myth.

As of yesterday, we were debating over Noah's Ark. I still hold to the fact it was one of the floods of the Tigris and Euphates Rivers.

If you still want the URL, say so... The Golden Sun aspect may deter some of you...

Resident Otaku, Martial Artist, and Miko. Do not anger me-the consequences could be... dire.

Comment

Points in order:
            Rysade, you read THE WHOLE THREAD? Wow.
            Agent M: Actually, you're right, she hasn't been around lately... prolly busy.But I don't know that she's lucky, per se. Successful, perhaps, but not lucky. A 13 page topic really isn't all that big a deal.
            Aurora: I still don't know which way you're arguing. Well, I kind of do. I think I really do need the URL to go over and read it.
            T
            trim sig - gf
            Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Haha, amazing isn't it. I wasn't able to check up on the forum for a few days and return to find 400 new posts on the forum 150 of which are birdhead's. Phew. Not to mention 2 new pages here. Anyway, I joined this thread on page 4. I thought That was a lot to read to catch up.

-IV-
              Ipha
              -IV-
              Ipha
              Dai Stihò

Comment

Not a big deal? sure. Well I think it is. And yea Ella's probably busy with her new house and unpacking, if she's already moved. What if they don't have a computer yet???

*Agent~M*
                "I could live

Comment

I'm against...

The url is really really long... I'll have to hunt it up...

Resident Otaku, Martial Artist, and Miko. Do not anger me-the consequences could be... dire.

Comment

You're against the idea of Catholicism?

*Agent~M*
                    "I could live

Comment

Or the Noah story?

-IV-
                      Ipha
                      -IV-
                      Ipha
                      Dai Stihò

Comment

Why the Noah story?

*Agent~M*
                        "I could live

Comment

Noah's Ark story was just a flood of the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers in something like 2100 BCE. However, it DID drown a lot of people and so on.

Catholics are evangalists and don't take into consideration they might be wrong. I don;t hate them- but they annoy me. Some attempt to force their religion on you.

Comment

I see.

-IV-
                            Ipha
                            -IV-
                            Ipha
                            Dai Stihò

Comment

That's interesting; I don't know about the Tigris rivers, but I do know that several religions (not just the whatchamacallem ones, you know, Jewism, Islam and Christianity... they're all related and there's a name for it that I can't remember...) have a Flood of massiv proportions. It's also interesting to look at things like... well, in the story of Moses, one of the plagues was "the river running red with blood-" and there's a very interesting phenomena involving some sort of weed or bacteria (sketchy on the details) that actually turns the water of the Nile red. There's also an explanation for the parting of the Sea; there's a certain ocean which is believed to be the one Moses crossed, and in this sea (forgive me, I'm seriously sketchy... I had this last year in RE.), well it's more of aharbour; and IIRC there have been earthquakes which drained the harbour dry for brief periods of time. What I find really interesting, though, is that in the RE class where I learnt that, the teacher (Actually, I don't want to misrepresent him. He's actually very very good indeed at not pushing Christianity on to people, everything he says is respectful, he's actually fantastic) was sort of using this as evidence- for him- towards there being a God. The way he put it, you could look at it as a combination of scientific coincidences- or you could look at it as a combination of scientific coincidences with a divine purpose, sort of evidence as to the mysterious ways in which God works.

I'm inclined to look at it a little differently. The Bible is an anthology (basically) of all the cool stuff that God does. (OK, tha's really not what it is, but it can be summarised crudely for the purposes of my argument.) So, in this book when it was collated, people aren't going to choose stories where there's no apparent miracle. They're going to choose stories that have implication, and seem to be the work of the God. God's works didn't get put in the Bible; the Bible turned them into God's works. It's sort of hard to explain. Anyway, that wasn't really helpful; I'll think about it (maybe do some actual research) and see.
                              T
                              trim sig - gf
                              Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Amazing is it not??? We started off normal, went bonkers and had a virtual sparring match(which is still not at an end), began discussing religion, went back to chatting normally, again lost our marbles as we approached 10 pages, and now here we are once again discussing religion. Is it just me or is a pattern being developed here?

-IV-
                                Ipha
                                -IV-
                                Ipha
                                Dai Stihò

Comment

Working...
                                X