No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am going to seriously crash soon. I've been getting 5 hours of sleep on average. And now I know that I have been given the wonderful opportunity to have karate lessons on Sundays. my parents signed me up. I think that they're doing it on purpose. I don't know, but I do know that I now have NO days to relax. and I will hardly have enough time to do my homework on Sunday, over the weekend, because I have all of that other stuff. I hardly have time for social obligations- not that I actually have any anyway. But it would be nice to have some time to relax other than the 35 hours of sleep that I get in a week. Sorry for posting so depressingly. but I have to say it to someone, and it still feels to me like you're pretty much the only friends I have other than a few people. and even if I can't see you, It still feels like that.

Sorry. I can't really think of something else to say currently that isn't just depressing/boring/unimportant/my life sort of stuff.
    Believe something... and somewhere, it's happened

Comment

• Hey, any classical ballet dancers by any chance? Or am I the only one?
      --Clueless, check out Nita's mom: Professional dancer with Denver Opera Ballet--

Anyway, PM me if you are one. I would LOVE meeting a ballet/YW person!
      What is the Meaning of Life?
      Read. Write. Dance. Live.
      ...Dai Stiho!

Comment

• Meh. So, I missed school on Tuesday, since at 1:30 on Tuesday morning I was awake crying since my ears hurt so bad. Apparently, I have an ear infection in each ear, which really stinks. So, my ears are all blocked up and stuff, and I feel like my two friends who are both deaf in their left ears, since my left ear can't hear anything right now. They're all joking "Hey, you have to get better or else we'll never be able to hear eachother!" (since I intentionally walk on their right sides to make sure they can hear me; I'm a fairly considerate person when I put my mind to it.)

I'm going on an overnight at my favorite college the weekend after MLK weekend, and I'm excited! I'm going to talk with the cross country coach while I'm there. Also, while on the phone with me, the admissions woman let it slip that she "loved" my essay. If she liked my essay, and I've got the GPA and ACT score that I've got, I don't see how I could not get into that school! So basically, I'm extremely happy about this.

I wish it would snow again; I don't feel like going to school tomorrow. Today was really hard with my ears all blocked up; it makes everything seem to echo a bit, and made it hard to focus on one person's voice when they were speaking. I can't wait until I get better!

I'm out of books to read. Unfortunately, the city library? Yeah, it's being redone, and over half the books are in storage. And my school library? Well, it wasn't well stocked to begin with, and now that it's also in storage because of renovations, there are literally no books in my city for high schoolers to read. Quite infuriating; I mean, I've got a bit of money, I could go buy some from Border's or the used book store, but...I don't feel like spending the money. Or driving to either store, since they're both more than 20 minutes away.

Alright, I'm a total freak, but yesterday at Target I found sheets that exactly match the color of my walls! This is exciting to me...because it is. And they're even the ones made out of t-shirt like material, which makes them really comfy, warm in the winter and cool in the summer. I love those sheets. XD

Well, I guess I'll go work on homework now...

Comment

• I haven't been on in awhile.. and with the looks of things I've missed a lot....

Tuttle I hope you're starting to destress a little... It's not healthy. Please get better?

Sean.. DOGS. I have a Great Dane/ Lab, and he's the sweetest dog ever! Of course, I wouldn't recommend one if you have limited space. um. Do NOT get a Jack Russel Terrier, they are the most energetic puppies I've ever seen in my enitre life! I used to have one and although he was wicked smart, he was super energetic and got in a lot of trouble (running out of the house, eating in the trash, eating our loaf of bread.. etc.) I would recommend a Boston Terrier? They can be energetic and all but my cousin's barely barks. I don't know.. But I do love that you're going to an animal shelter. I'm a supporter of saving shelter animals.

Wolfy: SLEEP. AHHH. Even though I get to bed early I can never fall asleep on time!!! I always get to sleep at like midnight or later. I do hope you can get your schedule straightened out a little bit so you can sleep. Maybe you should write down all your priorities(Sp?) that you have and then right down things you do for fun. Such as School and Science thing on one side and then the piano etc on the other? I don't know what's fun for you and what's your priorities.. so... Good luck. Hope you get better.

Stress is unbelievable!

IT'S FINALS WEEK!! I have my first two finals tomorrow (1/2 day) then on Friday it's my last two (1/2 day)! If I happen to have a snow day on Friday.. then it's going to be on Wednesday next week because I have Monday and Tuesday off!!! I just want this semester to be OVERRRR. I know I've been saying that for the past few times but seriously, I'm done.

My basketball coach is so stupid. I went to talk to him today after practice about why the FRESHMEN are being pulled up from JV and playing on my Varsity games before me. He just gave me this crap about how he had two choices with me: to cut me or to keep me and get put on JV. But he kept me on Varsity... He said that even if I was on JV I wouldn't be playing anyway. What coach tells their player that? He has nothing to say but negative things. He was like
          COACH: "I used to ride on you all the time but now I don't."
          ME:"Yeah I know, that scares me. Because I heard that a coach is supposed to be on your case and if he doesn't then they just gave up on you."
          COACH: "Oh no no no. It's not that, it's just that everything I told you to do at practice you do it."

So why am I not playing?!?! AH he just makes me so angry. He tells me that I work hard but it's only like 10% to him. I've been playing since 2nd grade, I've played AAU for 5 years! I think I know what I'm doing. I swear he's just making excuses so he can just play his "Golden Girls". I've played against a couple of the teams in AAU that we play at my High School, but he still thinks I'm not strong enough to play the "ones" and the "twos" meaning first string and second string. I feel like he's cutting me down. It just makes me NOT want to play anymore which is dumb because I LOVE basketball! It's my life. I just wish that he could open his eyes and actually see how I play. Oh and another thing he said that bothered me was that "When I put you out there on the court... Don't kid yourself." What is that supposed to mean? Don't get to happy? Is he serious??

Do you guys think I'm overreacting over this? OR Am I thinking right? I'm sorry for doing this but this has been on my chest since the beginning of the season. I've been dropping some of this in a few of my previous posts but I just needed to get this all out. Once again I'm really and truly sorry about ranting about this. I might just edit stuff out later.

I don't mind if you guys didn't read it either. It's just something on my mind, and it's making me sleepless..

On a happy note... I'm going to my first NHS meeting tomorrow!! I'm happy about that. Most of my "friends" are on NHS too. (friends are in quotes because they're kind of aquaintances) Oh and my cousin is coming up from FL tomorrow. I should really get to cleaning my room... But... tomorrow after finals sounds good to me.

I don't know what else to say. I wish that this wasn't filled with blah. SORRY.

Dai All!!
          Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
          Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
          It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
          Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

• Hungry: No books... That sounds like a nightmare. Hope they come out of storage soon!

Emi: thanks. I've been trying to do that. I really apreciate it. I don't think that you're overreacting at all. I think that it sounds really unfair and baised. I don't think he's a good coach (no offense or anything) if he's keeping out the good players.
            And go ahead and tell us. I mean, I'll listen, and we're all kind of doing it. I mean, look at my last few posts.

I sounds like a lot of people around here need more sleep.
            I hope you sleep better Emi. have you tryed reading before you go to sleep? it really helps.

Dai all

Comment

• I definitely need more sleep. The MdDS gets rather voracious and I sometimes find myself sleeping 12-14 hours. But 8-10 is more normal. Less than that, and I typically get a bit dizzier. It kind of sucks having my free time eaten by sleep like that.

I've been consoling myself with new toys on the iPod Touch. I bought the $20 upgrade, and I have to say the Maps thing is kind of frightening--locationing sans GPS. They're apparently mapping out wi-fi hotspots and cell towers. It's just a bit unnerving, but way-cool at the same time.

I find it really really funny how many people are completely indignant about having to pay for the upgrade. I mean, if you were so frosted about Apple not putting those apps on the iPT, then buy the dang iPhone! I'm just happy that it was only $20 and a download to get the new features, instead of "buy a new iPod!", like it usually is (e.g., being able to play videos on an iPod nano). I'm not quite sure why people have such a huge sense of entitlement about it--it's not like Apple's known for giving things away for free.
              New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Is there a difference between the iTouch and the iPhone?? Just curious. I've heard about them a lot, but I'm confused.. haha.

Wolfy: Yeah, I've tried reading but that's not any better. I mean, if I pick up a book, I'm more likely to stay up longer than anticipated. My parents actually had to make me leave the book outside of my room at one point. Sad, I know... I think it's just that I need to stop thinking before I get to sleep. You know, not analyze something in my head. And thanks for saying I'm not overreacting. I feel a lot better now.

My finals today were super easy. Let's just hope that tomorrow brings the same thing.
                Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
                It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.

Comment

• Emi: I really have no idea if there is a difference or not... I didn't think so, but I could also be entirely wrong. I know... that's when my parents take it away from me... or I just have to sleep so badly that I fall asleep whereever I am (including my desk) with the book oped in front of me. actually, those times with the desk... It's pretty wierd waking up in the morning at a desk...
                  Finals... My school is wierd, and so we only have finals at the end of the year, like in HP. but, they are HUGE. one school day takes up, like, 2 tests. and they pack EVERYTHING learned that year into them... Not really fun...Oh well... guess I'd better go work on my lab report...

Comment

• Emi: well...the iPhone basically has a cell phone, iPod, and internet in one device, while the iTouch doesn't have the cell phone in it. I think there are a lot more features on them that I don't know about, but that's the general idea of them. A girl in my math class has an iPhone...it's shiny, but I wouldn't want an iPhone or iTouch; I've got a thing about fingerprints and keeping screens very clean. XD

This year is the first year my school is ever having semester finals. Of course, this means that next week, we have an exam schedule (meaning we can leave school during periods we don't have a class.) However, they changed it; we can't just leave whenever we finish the final, which is really annoying. I'm not really in the mood to take semester finals, or do final projects; I'm not in the mood to work at all, actually. Luckily, at the end of the year senior finals are notoriously easy at my school, so this is pretty much the last time I'll have to take high school finals.

*huggles Emi* I don't think you're overreacting that much; if you've been playing for 5 years, and are a junior (right? Or am I delusional?), as a coach, he is supposed to give you chances to play. I don't know what state you live in, but in my state and most surrounding states, I know that varsity/JV coaches are not required to give players time on the floor; in freshman basketball, however, everyone on the bench who is uninjured has to play for a certain amount of time. I know, this doesn't help at all; don't give up though, if you really love basketball. Keep trying; run faster, play harder, and throw yourself into the practice as much as you can-I know it's hard to be motivated when coaches are being stupid.

Yesterday, I was forced to listen to the music from Wicked four times. I didn't used to like it, but by now, it's growing on me. I'm getting kind of jealous; my mom and sister are going to see it when it comes to our town sometime in February, and now I wish I could go. Oh well.

I had an NHS meeting this morning as well, actually. I was late, since my sister took forever getting ready today. I finally just left without her, which seems mean, but in truth, my dad's school has finals this week, which means he doesn't have to go into school until later on in the day. So she got a ride. I just find it ridiculous that one person can spend so much time in the bathroom.

Like everyone here, I also need more sleep. I'm not really getting it though; I can't concentrate on homework for a long enough period to be able to go to sleep early.

My newest toys? Sims 2 Bon Voyage, and Movies on Demand. The game apparently has a few kinks, but it works alright on my computer and I downloaded the patch for it, so I'm not going to worry about it right now. Movies on Demand is...the single greatest thing my parents have ever done with electronics besides buy a computer back in 1998. Seriously. There are MOVIES, and you can watch them at any time! I'm not overreacting; I find this to be seriously cool! Wish I had more time to spend parked in front of the TV.

Ehn. My stomach calls...but then again, so does homework.

Comment

• Emi, the iPodTouch is basically the iPhone without the phone, camera, or monthly service fees. There are also a couple of applications that only run on the iPhone and aren't included on the iPodTouch (like SMS and Voicemail). And the iPhone holds 8GB, while the iPodTouch comes in 8GB or 16GB sizes.

Visually, the biggest difference is that the iPodTouch is thinner, and the front face bevel around the edge of the screen is black, while on the iPhone it's silver. And the iPhone has a frosted back while the iPodTouch has the mirrored back.

They both run a version of OSX and the interfaces are near-identical. They both play mp3s, mp4 videos, display photos, and let you browse through a Wi-Fi connection. I love using it in the public library, because all of the branches have free wi-fi, and the card catalog is on the internet, so I can call up searches on the iPodTouch while I'm walking around the shelves.

The web-browsing's a little limited--the ARM processors are slow, and the mobile version of Safari doesn't do Flash. But it's surprisingly usable for all of that.
                      New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• *Hugs Hungry Back* Aw thanks for the support. Yeah, my coach isn't really required to play everyone per se.. unless your a senior. But whatev I'm trying hard. That's all that counts to me.

Wolfy: Do you have semesters? Or are you running on eight classes a day?? Me, I have two semesters and four classes a day. It kind of stinks to have to remember everything you learned in one year. I remember I had to do stuff like that when I was in middle school. *shudders*. Try not to drool when you fall asleep.

Now I want an iTouch. Haha. Just kidding. Seriously though, everytime I turn around there's like a new Apple product!

Oh oh oh! I got two books today (pay day!) Shoeless Joe by W.P. Kinsella and Project 17 by Laurie Stolarz. I'm beaming... haha.. now I have SOMETHING to read... *hides books* I don't want them to be taking away yet.

Alright.. gotta go to beds...

Comment

• Emi: I have two semesters AND eight classes a day. Not fun... and it's wierd... some of the classes are only a semester, so you take those finals when the classes are over... But the bigger classes, like Math, English, Science, Social Studies, Spanish... They are all year, and you are expected to remember things that long... and, you don't see how you did on them. You just wait for the report card to come, and tell you what grade you got... *shudders* very like HP... except not a private school oh well. I get very anxious about my grades, and so i am nerous about them until I get them... Last year my GPA was pretty good... I don't know how I managed it, but I did. I just hope that I can get a <span class="ev_code_WHITE">4.0</span> again next year... though staying up so late can't help me very much... I'm seriously not trying to brag or anything; I just am wondering because I know I got more sleep last year... and I have finished my lab report! YAY!
                          now for Geometry...

Comment

• Well...this week I've got exams. Funny story about that...we've never had semester exams before this year (unless you were in a semester-long class, of course.) It is seriously like they're out to get my graduating class; we're the first class to have to pass this new state test, the first class to have to deal with the no hoodie part of the dress code, and our senior year is messed up because of this whole renovation thing. And now semester exams. I don't have very many actual exams, especially since I don't have to take my World Lit exam. Don't tell any administrators at my school; teachers aren't allowed to exempt us from exams anymore. However, my World Lit teacher is awesome (he also teaches my Sci-Fi/Supernatural class.) I've gotten A+ in both classes for both quarters, and my World Lit class is filled with a bunch of kids who really don't care about school; as a result, he told me I don't even have to come in for the exam, as long as I don't tell anyone in the class about it. But none of you guys are in my class, so it's alright. On Tuesday, I only have to come in for 1 of the 3 exam periods, because the other 2 are my lunch period, and World Lit. That was a nice surprise.

I'm tired of hearing about Wicked. Like I stated last post, my mom and sister are going to see it-without me. And my aunt and cousin/best friend are also going to see it. And everyone is talking about it, and listening to the soundtrack all the time...and I'm feeling really left out, since I'm the only girl in our two families who isn't going to see it. (That may not seem like a big deal, but it is, since all the boys are going toboganning or something that day. Again, I'm not going to that either.) I hate feeling left out of things, which is what's happening here. They're my family, for goodness sake. I can understand when I feel left out at school, but in my own family...it really sucks. Mom's trying to make it up to me somehow...she bought me a copy of the book Wicked, which was nice of her...but it's an $8 book. Her ticket for the musical cost $75, which means it's a pretty good seat. I'm not necessarily going by monetary values in comparing the book to the tickets...but...argh. I don't even know what I'm saying about this now. Basically, I hate feeling left out.

At least I've got this Friday off of school too! Though, I'd rather have Tuesday off; I think I'd rather have a 4 day weekend than two 3 day ones in a row. But who knows. If we actually had a 4 day weekend, I'd probably complain about that too.

Does anyone else go to Costco with their parents and just wander around eating samples? The people who work there aren't supposed to give them out to kids unless their parents are there, but I guess I looked like an adult when I was there last time. They had good samples too...cinnamon rolls. I don't remember the last time I had a cinnamon roll. I like them a lot. XD

Yesterday I had a basketball game, which was fun. Even though I haven't been to practice in 2 weeks because I was sick/practice was cancelled last week, and I missed the last game, I ended up playing for more than an entire half (we play two 20 minute halves to a game.) It was ridiculous; my ears are still blocked up from the ear infections, so I couldn't hear what Coach was yelling from the bench. I probably shouldn't have played that much; I didn't feel so great afterwards. But we only have 3 posts (forwards) on the team, and I'm the tallest one, and the fastest one. Therefore, I end up in the game when I really need a break. We won by 33 points, even though 4 of the 7 people playing on my team were sick, and the other team had 12 people on it (which meant they could sub a lot.) It was ridiculous.

It snowed on Sunday. It was great...I wish I'd gone sledding or something. I miss the time when I had time to go sledding whenever it snowed. We've got this awesome sled that looks like an inner tube for swimming, which goes really fast. It's also the best sled to go on if you think you're going to run into a tree (which I've done more times than I can count.) It's such a big sled, that it just bounces off the tree, so you usually don't get hurt. Fun stuff.

Oooh...I finally got books. XD I went to the library, which had a couple of books I wanted (Wizards, Inc., anyone? I liked the book a lot, and "Theobroma" (DD's short story) was funny. Today, I went to Borders (FINALLY!) and got Wicked and a couple of other books. The copy of Wicked is funny; the edges of the pages are green. It made me laugh when I saw it because honestly, how many paperbacks have you seen with pages edged in neon green? Alright, back to my AP Government final project...

Comment

• Hungry, I felt left out of my family before, I think it was when my sister was all looking in to college and stuff like that. I would always have basketball stuff, so they'd go out when I was a practice. But now I get to do that stuff. Oh and at my school, if you get at least an A average you don't have to take the final. It's up to the teacher mostly. Good luck on your exams.

Wolfy: Two semesters AND eight classes? Holy moly. Hahaha. I'm so sorry for you. I hope you do well in your classes.

And, the new semester starts in two days. I already got my notebooks and other school stuff I needed for my new semester. I have no school tomorrow. Yesss. I'm a little upset though, because the last day has to be pushed out because of our frequent snow days. It's supposed to snow sometime tonight. Good thing there's no school. Haha. I do have a game though, it's home so that makes it so much better.

My allergies are running wacky. Haha, it's cuz I haven't taking my meds in a while (I ran out), I'm not doing it on purpose obviously. But it's supposed to be on the shelves soon, so my parents are waiting for it to come out. I just want the itching to stop!! (my meds have anti-histimine in it and also helps me stop sneezing from all the pet dander my house accumulates) The other medicine I could take doesn't really work.. so it's very aggrivating. I don't even think I spelled that right. Whatever, I'm not in English anymore.. haha just kidding.

Hungry again, I'm not aware of what Costco is, because my area doesn't have that, but I know what you mean about the samples.. I go to the food court in the mall just to get samples. I'm baddd. I love love love the chicken teriyaki at one of the restaurants there. Mmmmm. Tasty. Oh, but cinnamon rolls are my favorite!! Have you tried the cinnamelts at McDonalds??? They're amaaazing. I'm not sure if it's just a New England thing or if its nationwide. So next time you go there check it out. I like literally died and went to heaven. Okay, so I may be overreacting a tinsy bit, but it's good. I love food. haha.

Oh and the other night I went out with my basketball team to see Juno. Such a funny movie!! It was really supposed to be a "bonding" night, but a group of us (me including) were separated from the others. The theater we went to is really small (only two rooms) and we ended up getting the smallest room. Yeah, great luck. Anyway, I can't wait until that movie comes out on dvd, I'm definitely going to get that.

I also finished a sixth chapter in one of the stories I am writing for fictionpress.com. It's an accomplishment, because most of the stories I write ususally end at the fifth chapter! I'm starting to write better... but my stronger place is writing screenplays. Unfortunately the structure doesn't come out right when I upload it on the site. Oh well...

Alrighty then. I'm going to stop babbling about random stuff.

Dai Stiho

Comment

• Emi: my grades are ok-ish. I mean, over the last two years my lowest grade (which appears on my report card w/ normality) is an A-. My dad keeps telling me I can do better and everything... They're the type of parents who want you to do REALLY well- as in NO A-s. Oh well... I suppose being the oldest does stick you in that situation sometimes...

And I was visiting these other forums, and THEY ARE SO MESSY! I mean, almost every post is a one-liner, and there are double posts EVERYWHERE. I was shocked... i didn't know most forums were so... messy.

Comment

Working...
                                X