The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kli6:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The US has whole dry states, doesn't it?
    We do? I thought that ended with prohibition. Now, marijuana for medical use, that's different. </div>[quote]
    It doesn't? I thought only Federal law changed with the repeal of Prohibition.

Ah! Angel_Star says dry counties. Ok, I must have got mixed up.

We don't bother with that here. The head of the Church of England is the Queen. The head of the State is the Queen. No separation expected .

Of course, I sometimes get the impression that not everyone in the US bothers with it either, if edited highlights of Leviticus are to be used to justify an attempt at a new Amendment. However, one good thing about Prohibition/Amendment 18 - it shows that Amendments aren't necessarily permanent.
    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• Errr.. Gibby, just curious, but why not post the manga stuff in the comics/manga thread?
      Well, there is only one good reason for my acctions on such an event. Well, two.

One: I do not know. I just did. That is the way I am. I like eggs.

Two: To make it to seem like my post was accually longer then it truly was. I know, it is kind of a cheap shot to do that, but I likie it. EGGS!!!!

I can't get a hold of any Yu-Gi-Oh manga!
      How sad. My store did not carry them till I told them that I wanted them. While I was not interested in he TV show or the card game, I am always interested in the manga / books. So, I figured that I would give it a try.

Now, I have to get there as soon as they come out or else I do not get a copy for the next few months, once they re-order them again. Curse you current trends!!!!

I like eggs.
      "Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." ~G. K. Chesterton

Comment

• PM:
        quote:
        Alla said:
        Um. Doesn't every campus have a pub? Or alternatively a selection of clubs, that students may congregate?

What's this about a DRY CAMPUS???
        Um, Tui said that, not me.

Tui, you're starting to scare me ... You didn't join a LEGO club too, did you? And I know how you feel about the whole 17 thing - even though I don't (underage) drink, and I probably wouldn't drink even if I could, its still frustrating when your friends want to go into the pub - they check ID when you go in, but I think you can get in if your underage - you just wait for a large group Or thats what the other people in the Mediaeval Society say to do anyway

So yes...

Tomorrow I'm going to fencing! I don't know how I'm going to get home from there, but there'll be some way to get home. And I should be able to start learning medieval style sword fighting soon I can only think of one problem and thats convincing mum and/or actually getting to it, but since I don't even know where it is yet, I don't have to worry about that.

Gibby, have you seen this? And while I'm on the topic of flash files, Magical Trevor 1 and 2.

Enjoy

Alla

Comment

• AHHHH I'm trying to convince my dad to come pick me up in a couple of hours. I do NOT want to sit around here for another day...COME ON DAD!!!! I get out for Spring Break in 2 hours! I was going to reply to some of the other posts but I forgot what I was going to say, my dad is annoying me...
          ~Rachel

Comment

• I don't get what it is with alcohol. It smells bad, and it can't possibly taste any better. XD

I've never heard of a dry state before. I do know that forever ago, an ammendment was added, outlawing all drinking, owning, ect. of alcohol. The drinking problem got worse, not better, and eventually they just appealed it anyway.

For discussion, if they legalized drugs, they'd be less lethal. People would compete to have the safer one because of capitalism and all of that. They wouldn't put crap together like in designer drugs.

But then you'd still have all of that death, behavior problems, retardation, birth problems, and fights left over. XD

That's not english I see.

History test tomorrow. AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

AS:
            I just barely have an A right now.
            You should listen to yourself sometime.

Prey:
            *brai-* Hehe. No, my brain did not explode. I went back in time so that it didn't. *cough*
            Awwww... Next post of yours, then.

*huggles Gibby* You can do this, just work really hard. Maxie is a cute doggy. Skittles has been eating his kitty tunnel. Cats can't be trained like dogs; you tell them no, and they find a time when you can't tell them no. Or they'll do it in your face and twitch their tale when you're around. Ears? Can I have ears?

Kli the Mighty Moderater:
            Errr.. Gibby, just curious, but why not post the manga stuff in the comics/manga thread? I mean, I know the ToGR glories in the off-the-wall stuffage, but if there's actually a thread out there about the subject on tap, why not use it?
            And you can post two posts! Boost your karma.
            Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Gibby, that makes perfect sense. Harder to hold a manga conversation here, though. And I like eggs, too.

Gryph: "Mighty Moderator." Snort. Chortle. The might of the moderator is as nothing to the power of the Admins!
              New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• *sigh* I can't help it that I hate getting grades below an A. Parental pressure can do that to ya. You know, the phrase "separation of church and state" isn't actually in the Constitution. Heh. Wow. I actually learned something in history class that I might remember! It just says that the government cannot prohibit nor establish a religion.

dot dot dot

ELIPSIS!

*yelp* It's getting late and I have to finish my homework and practice my flute and check my e-mail and catch up on all my millions of rpg's and exercise and....

Edit: I just now saw that "prey" thing. *glowers* I am NOT a mouse!!
                <3
                the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• colours? Why colours?

I like black a lot. Black is good. So's blue. And red. But I like black the most.

I was at the University for an Engineering thing today, it was so much fun! We spent the morning getting presentations on different programs, which was cool- I was most interested in the Integrated and Chemistry, because those were cool! And in the afternoon, we had a design competition, we had to design a little car with two pop cans, two skewers, a motor, a battery, and a wire, with unlimited straws and duct tape and popsicle sticks! It was great, and my team's car ran pretty well, but it was hard getting the wires attached, because we didn't have any switch mechanisms- we weren't allowed them. So when the wires were connected, it ran. And when the wires were disconnected, it wouldn't run. And we couldn't find a way to stick the wire on the motor without falling off as soon as we stopped holding it to the motor. Alternatively, we could have twisted it on the motor, but then it runs constantly, not good for the battery. The duct tape sucked for this, because it's really clumsy for things as small as a motor, which is basically. . . anything smaller than the width of your finger. --'' So I don't know how he solved that problem.

Yeah, unfortunately five of the six members of the team had to leave before the actual judging, and we only had one guy left, he probably managed to make the duct tape work or thread it on somehow. I hope he did anyway, because our car was awesome and I really hope it won!

I just got this guy really mad at me. I was telling him about the Engineering competition, and he was like "Whatever, you're a loser." And then I felt sad, and when I get sad, I get angry at the people that make me sad, and then I was like "Yeah, you're STUPID. I wish you were smarter so you understood the coolness of what I was telling you." And then he blocked me.

Whoohoo, I rock the world.

Comment

• Our team WOOOOOOOOOON, we WOOOOOOOOOON. . . ^^ Oh yeah, baby!

First in Innovation (one judge wanted to gove 12 out of 10)
                    Second in Speed.

Oh yeah. ^^

Comment

• I'm happy today! I have NO HOMEWORK! For once, no projects are due, and there's absolutely NOTHING due tomorrow. At least, that I can remember. I don't use my agenda. But oh well.

Check out my new signature quotes! Semiramis, if you don't want me using that I'll take it off.
                      Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
                      "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
                      "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

• That's great! I got this guy mad at me, but I really don't know why. I was _trying_ to be nice and conversational. He said that I wasn't fun to talk to and that he didn't want to talk to me and yadda yadda. That didn't bug me too much. Then he had the nerve to call me immature. *glowers* That's one thing I can't stand being called. I guess going invisible didn't help his opinion of me, but he said he didn't want to talk to me. *sigh* I really hate it when people are upset with me. I think I nearly brought the house down around me when I slammed the door... Anyways. Yeah, I am immature, but only when compared to those older than me. I would think that I have around the same maturity level as my friends. *sigh* Well, I guess it doesn't really matter.

Remember danzrgrl? Well, I'm going over to her house tomorrow. I haven't talked to her in forever. dot dot dot *is going to bed now*
                        <3
                        the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• no homework?? lucky!!!!
                          colours::?? you didnt ask for mine but i'll give them anyway -black//red//purple-
                          Aurora:: congrats for winnnning!!

the internet was invented in 1991???? wow, i didnt know that. [(my friend just told me)]

uhhhhhhh........green??
                          ~*KsSk8er*~
                          "She leaped off the table and tore into the living room. There was a brief sound of scrabbling, and then from the living room, Kit said, "Uh, Annie, your cat just went up the chimney..."
                          Dai Stiho:grin&bounce:

Comment

• I the quotes, Lisa. *goes to look for more Noa quotes* I Noa! Wooo!

I'm grounded again.

For not doing my Spanish homework.

Grrr...
                            "The Pointy Stick of Doom!" ~Sharklord
                            "It's a duckbutt. AMAZING." ~ Andy from Anime Club, talking about Sasuke's hair

Comment

• Hello again...

Lisa: You posted a LOT of smilies on the post you said you could get onto Yahoo... Yea...

I don't have much to say right now, but I felt like posting again... I've been really depressed lately... I shouldn't be though because I get to see my new cousin tomorow and my friend just admitted her love to me... Meck I don't feel good at all... I have to go to the gym after school 3 times a week to do weight training to bring up my grade and now my classmates call me "buff scary girl". It's really annoying... And I can't go onto chat, and I'm grounded for getting 3 C's, AND I have two Long Range Assignments to do, AND I have to go to my father's house today, AND nobody listens to me... I suck...

I'll stop being selfish talking about myself and go hit my head against a wall or something... Yea I'll go now... Dai...

Polie

Meow.
                              From your friendly neighborhood wizard, Poliester.

Comment

• the internet was invented in 1991???? wow, i didnt know that. [(my friend just told me)]
                                Personally, I'd date it to 1983, when the Internet Protocol and all those #.#.#.# addresses and domain names were invented, but the roots go back a hecka lot farther. I mean, d/arpanet goes back to 1969...
                                New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Working...
                                X