No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ohk... this is going off on a tangent, but meh, this is the topic of great RANDOMNESS

I've just finished watching 'The Little Mermaid' for the first time in ten years - if not longer . YAY! Ohk this is a totally random thought, but I can remember thinking it years ago too. Does anyone else out there think that there is a possibility that Ursula (the mersquid thingy) was once Triton's wife, and possibly Ariel's mother? She once lived in the Palace, so she must have been a mermaid once upon a time, but I am just rambling on about something that is totally random to anything that we have been talking about? ...

Oh yes, Gryph, you have competition for singing the most songs in the chatroom... Gibby Gibson sings even more random stuff than you do - like disney songs *launches into Part of Your World from The Little Mermaid*

anyways... I will see you guys around later... time to sleep.

Alla

Comment

• "Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." ~G. K. Chesterton

Comment

• I can't say I've ever had grilled cheese by itself... normally toast or some other base is involved.
        I have a habit of humming all kinds of random stuff.. mostly things I have played in wind bands or orchestras over the years. It's actualyl a pretty good refelction of my mood. (Generally hummin stuff is a sign I'm in a good mood, but exacty what sort of good mood can vary, and hence what I hum varys [varies?])

TUI!!!!! *huggles*.... enough said.

I don't like white choclate.
        "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

• Wilf!! You don't like white chocolate? I love any form of chocolate.

Chani: Yes, get a new avie! A penguin avie!

Ella: Yeah. Percy/Luna. Well, there was a thead asking you to think of the wildest, most random pairing ever. That's the one I thought of. And now I like it so I'm using it. I have the satisfaction of knowing I'm the craaziest person on the HP boads, anyway.

Aurie: 80 000? Eeee. I think I'll go count up all the pages of the HP love thread and see if it's anywhere near that. Partly because I'm bored. Unless they deleted the old ones, they do that sometimes.
          Edit: 3622 pages. Eep. They're on Volume 39 now, they start a new thread when it gets past a certain amount of posts.

Gibby and Gryph: If I was allowed in chat I'd probably sing too much. . .

Gibby: Grilled cheese sandwiches (Yum!) or grilled cheese (?)?

BiW: I'm glad you like my penguin! Anyone who likes it can use it and then we'll all confuse eveyone else even more.
          *Gives chocolate*

*Gives everyone chocolate not just BiW who needs it*

You people have posted far to much since last night. I had to go to bed early because I have pottery really early in the morning. It's fun though.

Comment

• *Huggles BIW and Chani* Yes, alive, back, I know, it's quite quite insane.

Speaking of snow, speaking of Christmas, it's so summer here! *is absolutely totally delighted* Sun, sun, sun, here we come....

Oh, and, it's Monday where y'all are, and y'all have to go to school, and I DON'T. Just wanted to mntion that because man does it feel good, to have school finished forever. Wow.

*also can't resist* Percy/Luna?!

Who says I'm a girl? How would you know?
            Well, your SN's "Sunstar." Most of the boys I know would pick something different.

I always thought that Ursula was Ariel's aunt, for some reason- either her father's sister or her mother's. I'm not sure why, though- the original Grimm tale might say. Anyway, the Disney version is total evil. Happy endings are a prostitution of a fairy story.
            Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• Yes. Percy/Luna. . .it's nuts I know. That's partly why I support it. I'm the only one on the forums. Now everybody KNOWS I'm insane.

Christmas! Only it's winter here.

Wheee. . .we just finished the last of the Thanksgiving pie! YUM.
              *Gives virtual Chocolate pecan pie* Mmmmmmmm.

I'm starting to really like the smiley. Interesting how I only use it in reference to PENGUINS. I penguins!!

I haven't seen The Little Mermaid. Except for maybe once at my Grandma's when I was like four. So I have no idea what you're all talking about.

Comment

• Sunstar:
                Who says I'm a girl? How would you know?
                Are you saying you're not? O.o Even I say I'm a girl! And if you want to stay unknown, I'll give you a gender.

I've attached a word to my mood : somber

*sigh*

Diego! They want you at at the War topic! Or at least Raven does; she's been e-mailing me.

Who said I sang random? I just sing a lot, that's all. And all of it rock, so I'm consitant.

There's Gibby again.

When I saw the Little Mermaid, I was terrified to death of that movie, and I'll leave it at that. This was also the same little girl who's favorite movie was The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Creepy.

Grilled Cheese... mmm

No, no one use Wildflower's av... no more doubles. please. *wimpers*
                Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• What does everybody have against penguins?

Anyways glad your back Tui! *huggles*

Hey Gibson! I'm Z! Hope you have fun on these forums please don't type one liners or double posts, (DD pays for the forums and it's just a waste of her money,)
                  also everyone PLEASE make sure your avie's are the right size Lee took custom avie off recently because of that problem even I made the mistake! So make sure your avie's are small and non-animated!

Yes I've been on Gaia. I kinda got addicted, but then VO destroyed my character, (yes all you gaia people there is a VO and a LOcke, watch out if you don't want your character destroyed.)
                  penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• Well, penguins are just odd, Z. I mean, they're birds who can't fly, and think they're more like fish. And your old penguin avatar was *gasp* animated, wasn't it?

Wildflower said:
                    Yes. Percy/Luna. . .it's nuts I know. That's partly why I support it. I'm the only one on the forums. Now everybody KNOWS I'm insane.
                    From a conversation in GoF, it seems there's a family of Lovegoods in the same area as the Weasleys, so Percy may have known Luna since she was small. That might help you with it .
                    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• Yes, I've heard that argument a lot from the Luna/Ron shippers. (Believe it or not, there are many.) I never considered using it for Percy/Luna though.

Penguins are NOT like fish!!

My penguin avie isn't animated. But if you stare at it for a really long time the eyes look like they move.

Hehe. Everyone get double avies so we can drive Gryphon insane! (Well, more insane.)

*Considers leaving to go to HP forums to go on giant long rant about how much they screwed up the Prisoner of Azkaban movie* *Decides there's more chocolate here, and stays*

Comment

• *whimpers* you people at driving me insane. I don't go on four ONE day, and...and....QUIT POSTING! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I LOVE PENGUINS! I ALSO CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING TO SAY...
                        Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Comment

• The third HP movie was the best out of the lot, so far! Maybe the new director will be able to do better movies like the third one.

Wasn't there some hilariously fiendish ending for the original Grimm Little Mermaid? A lot of those old original fairy tales had much more...ahhh...Endings which perhaps wouldn't quite flow with today's troubled youth.

I happen to know that Sunstar is NEITHER man nor woman, but a dog which has taught itself how to type on the keyboard.

Here is the definitive list of (relation)ships for HP (I don't ever really read the HP sites or visit forums on it, so these are just my own opinions...):

1.) Ron/Hermione <---Well, duh. If you haven't figured it out by now...

2.) Harry/Ginny <---JKR's running out of books to introduce a new character for Harry to hook up with. (Wait a sec! Does Ginny appear in PoA in the books? If so, where was she in the movie?!)

(OK the rest aren't so definitive, but they are funny. (Or at least unusual...a few at least.))

3.) Lupin/Tonks

4.) Dumbledore/McGonagal

5.) Draco/Fleur

6.) Snape/Moaning Myrtle

7.) The Weasly Twins/The Olsen Twins

...Ok, so they weren't that good. I'm trying so hard to force myself to apply myself at school. We just came off of break. I'm SOOO exhaused. *groan*

Penguins! When the earth floods, I hope they know how to swim...
                          ~Sharky

+Member of the STTF (Save the Topic Foundation)
                          +Member of the FBI (Forum Bureau of Investigation)

Comment

• I'm definitely a Weasley Twin/Olsen Twin shipper. Those 4 would make a good couple for sure when you think about it. Seriously, I'd absolutely love to see that. *iz obsessed* Thankies sharky! you gave me something else to get obsessed about!
                            penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• Actually there are a considerable amount of people on the forums who ship Lupin/Tonks. Loads more than you'd think really. I'm not one of them.
                              And several people who support McGonnagal/Dumbledore.

I think Ginny was in the PoA book, but she had about three seconds off to the side in the movie.

Weasley twins/Olsen twins? How can you even think that? No way. At least, it'd better not happen. . .

Sharky: Wait, wait, wait. How do YOU know Sunstar's not a cat? Huh? And besides, there are girl and boy cats and dogs.

Comment

• I'm rather nervous that I've give Z another opertuntiy to be hyper/obsessed/insane.

I would like to suggest that she be like me and be none of these things.

Weasly/Olsen...Wow. that would be an interesting storyline. With about 20 low budget movies on the side.

I know about the L/T shippers. Picked it up in chat here one day.

About Sunstar: *glances side to side* *mutters* Girl and boy cats and dogs... Silence Penguin Woman! You know nothing of this! I am the indomitable Wizard of Iz, my word is...important! I proclaim that Sunstar is in fact a human girl! My word is final!!
                                ~Sharky

+Member of the STTF (Save the Topic Foundation)
                                +Member of the FBI (Forum Bureau of Investigation)

Comment

Working...
                                X