No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It'll be fine. Now just try to survive 8th grade.
    *grins* Thanks.
    Can i ask what a 'scrimmage' is - we probs have a different name for it.
    A scrimmage is like a practice game: you play other schools in the preseason. The score doesn't count, and sometimes the games are abbreviated. It's just to get practice playing other teams. What do you call them?
    *Ella*
    "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
    There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
    And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
    What could mean more than this?"
    --Bright Eyes

Comment

• ohhh ok. we call them scratch matches, but they can be played any time of the season. I play club sport, so sometimes we play them at training against one of the other teams there, and usually if there is a forfiet (?)... fourfeet ... forfeit (?) you'll play one against the other team.

anyways...

my feet are killing me. never get a part time job where you are on your feet all day.

oh yeah, i have been meaning to ask this for a while. Are any of you guys neopetters and if so can i have your user names? for anyone who wants to know, i am swashbucklergal.

cyas tommorow morning in chat if i can make it.

Alla

Comment

• I think forfeit it right.

Owww... my legs jurt so bad. I didn't go to karate yesterday because of it. On Tuesday we had to jump around the dojo... But it was a weird jump. I didn't hurt afterwards, but I do now. Meh. I hope I didn't hurt something.

I used to play neopets. I'm minicin602. I'd give you neopoints if you wanted any, but I can't do much of anything on it anymore. My virus protection is blocking it. I liked to hoard my neopoints. I have over 400,000 if I remember right. Plus I have two painted pets and a lab map.
        Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• At last! Someone else who plays (field) hockey... I play forward - ideally right or left. We always call a halfback a "half", possiblt also because halfs form half the team.

We call srimmages/scratch matches "friendlies" (plural of "friendly"). Here, a scratch match is one organised at he last mi nute, and having to scratch around to find a team. A scrimmage sounds like a scrummage gone wrong... (rugby term).

What form of Karate do you do Gryphon?
          "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

• What form? Hmmm... I don't know offhand. I'll see if I can look it up.

Huh. I can't find the information packet. I'm pretty sure it said somewhere.
            Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Hi. I'm so bored. I hate school. The homework is killing me. Literally. My backpack weighs a ton. *dies* I have to read this really stupid book. I can't think of anything besides random phrases to say. *dies again*
              Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Comment

• hello all! it's raining and it wasn't even cloudy until an hour ago! this morning = sun. then, whoosh! it was dark outside, windy, and raining.'
                soccer practice tonight...in the rain. it should be interesting.
                yay! tomorrow's friday! yay! weekend! finally!
                Member of the Tumbleweeds of the World Foundation. Beware the Tumbleweed Stampede! :bouncegrin:
                "Where shall wisdom be found, and where is the place of understanding? If I knew, I'd walk over and stand there." Roger Zelazny

Comment

• I envy you! I love playing sports in the rain, especiallly soccer!!

In field hockey I usually play right wing. We have right wing, right inner, left inner, and left wing on the forward line; right midfield, center midfield and left midfield on the center line, and right defense, center defense, and left defense in the back. And obviously the goalie. It's funny to hear how you guys have different sports terminology...for me a scrimmage doesn't sound weird at all.
                  *Ella*
                  --Bright Eyes

Comment

• No! Rain is E...VIL!
                    I rode my bike to school today and it was raining so hard I couldn't get back home! My bike's gonna be rusted tomoroww since I left it at school and got a ride home. *cries* (telaldalin. you live in minnesota too right?)

I had so much homework today. And I left my English homework at home. (And I had 3 assignments do today so I'm getting 1/2 the credit for each. Good thing I have an A in english.)
                    I took a math quiz today and I don't think I did very good. I even studied with the teacher before the test! But I still think I did bad...*more crying*

I'm very sleepy...
                    penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• hey! Weirdness... I rode my bike to school today too... hee hee. But I let my brother ride it home and I walked home with my friend. It was fun... M LOVES THE RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHEEEHAHAHWEHEHEHHEEH!!!!!!!!
                      *Agent~M*
                      "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                      "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                      "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                      "I could live

Comment

• Meh. I can't beleive that BiW has anywhere near as much work as I do. But I actually don't have that much today.

GRRR. I still hurt. And I feel like I have no energy cuz I've been doing near nothing all day. I can't run around or do karate. Like if I crouch down or even sit down it hurts. It's not my knees though; it's the muscle. GRRR.

Diego! Nitafan started a war topic. Plus you can probably post in Waiting for Naeva now. I sent the summary to your e-mail.

Rain is evil? Not at all, Z. I love rain. I don't like clouds, though. What are you doing in math?

Comment

• Cries. Rain is nice. MATHISEVILMATHISEVILMATHISEVILMATHISEVIL!
                          *CRIES!* I don't understand it! It's so estipido!!!!!
                          Me confuzzled.
                          penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• Aw Gryph! I hope you feel better!

I love the rain! And clouds! Some people get depressed by cloudy or raining weather, but I don't, I get depressed by sad music.

You know what's really fun? Going onto the AOL teen discussion forums and arguing politics. It's especially fun when people IM me and tell me if I don't like Bush, I should leave the country and call me a stupid liberal. *laugh*
                            *Ella*
                            --Bright Eyes

Comment

• Ok, yeah I'm going. BTW, everyone! Change to GMAIL. The new google email service. It's great! 1GB of storage!
                              Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
                              ------------------------------------------------------------
                              "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• yep. i live in MN, Zgirl. it didn't rain at soccer- there were lots of dark clouds though.
                                math is evil. our teacher does not explain very well, but his test today was pretty easy. i don't know what my classmates thought of it though- a lot of them were really frustrated.

yay! it's almost friday! and if it's worth saying it once, it's worth saying it again! it's almost friday! then again, it already is friday for some of you........well, lucky you!

now, i have to finish my homework. bye!
                                Member of the Tumbleweeds of the World Foundation. Beware the Tumbleweed Stampede! :bouncegrin:
                                "Where shall wisdom be found, and where is the place of understanding? If I knew, I'd walk over and stand there." Roger Zelazny

Comment

Working...
                                X