No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1. Bocce is a game in which a small ball is thrown, and then larger balls are thrown to try to get as close to the small ball as possible.

2. How long is the story? Since DD pays for these forums, Lee hasn't allowed any writing to be posted here yet, aside from poetry. However, if it IS too long, you could always post it on another webpage and give us the link. I'd love to read it, though.

3. The Princess Bride: I've never read the book, but I think it's safe to say that the movie is one of my favorites of all time. Yes, those quotes are good, aren't they?

4. Birdhead! Gasp! You changed your avatar!! *is momentarily disoriented*

5. Ack. I've been gone for a week and a half and now I have to go read all the po-osts!

6. *coughs importantly* I exPECted to find this topic near the top, instead I found it at the end! We must push on!

*Ella*

"I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha, ha, you fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders. The most famous is 'never get involved in a land war in Asia', but only slightly less well known is this: 'never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line'! Ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha!"
    -The Princess Bride
    *Ella*
    "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
    There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
    And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
    What could mean more than this?"
    --Bright Eyes

Comment

• Since DD pays for these forums, Lee hasn't allowed any writing to be posted here yet, aside from poetry.
      Just as a point of clarification: DD isn't going to allow any prose writing (other than hers) to be posted here at all -- there are various copyright issues she wants to avoid. All content posted on the website and in the forums is *legally* hers (though she has told me she would instantly release copyright for anyone's personal material if they asked her to), and declared as such on the pre-registration page: this is to give DD legal protection against people lifting her material from the site and publishing it elsewhere.

Lee / Forum Administrator
      Lee / Forum Administrator

Comment

• *giggles* So technically all our posts belong to DD? Frankly, I'd be embarrassed to hold the copyright for some of them...

Ella: Yeah, it's good isn't it?
        T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
        Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
        Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
        Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
        My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
        Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
        Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• Man, I feel sorta sorry for DD............

Dai
          Aundrea of The Dirty Rotten City
          I Wear My Suglasses at Night
          Now aren't you happy that you read this!?
          CRUD-MONKEYS!!!!
          And that is all I have to say about that.

"It takes two to speak the truth- one to speak, and one to hear."
          -Henry David Thoreau
          :wigglesmile: :flycatcher:
          Now aren't you happy that you read this!?
          A sheperdess is quite a mess, but little lambs are lovely....

Comment

• why?

You had better start believing in ghost stories, Miss Turner. Because you're in one. -Pirates of the Carribean

Comment

• yes, I realised only after I wrote the post that we couldnt post stories. It is one front and back page and a little more of another. Right now I dont have time to type it out, but I will try to sometime...

Xenocide

Comment

• Good grief, all I have to say is Post!!!!!!!!! make this the first 30 page page

-IV-
                Ipha
                Dai Stihò
                -IV-
                Ipha
                Dai Stihò

Comment

• By the way, I saw the book of The Princesses Bride just a few days ago but figured it wouldn't be good. Last time I saw that movie was when I was 8 years old. Been a long time and my parents hate it or something. But then again they dislike fantasy in general most of the time so they wouldn't like it. My Fencing instructer loves it though. I'll have to check out the book as I'm kind of out of reading material. finished new Harry Potter last week and Enders' Shadow yesterday. I'm halfway through another Terry Brooks book and am most likely going to start The Last of the Mohicans next week. It will be good to have a must read book again.

-IV-
                  Ipha
                  Dai Stihò
                  -IV-
                  Ipha
                  Dai Stihò

Comment

• Pshaw! (I like saying that!) How could anyone hate the Princess Bride! I love the Princess Bride!! I've probably made that clear, haven't I?

Who likes Back to the Future?

We must get to 30 pages!! Push on! Push on! Push on!

*Ella*

"I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha, ha, you fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders. The most famous is 'never get involved in a land war in Asia', but only slightly less well known is this: 'never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line'! Ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha!"
                    -The Princess Bride
                    *Ella*
                    --Bright Eyes

Comment

• Civi: Tell your fencing instructor to go see a French movie called En Garde it has subtitles if needed). It's a classic-style-fairy-tale, and the fight scenes are marvelous. Our friend Jay is an Olympic level fencer, and he gave it two thumbs up.

"Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
                      "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash
                      "Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
                      "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

• Wow, Olympic level? wow...

back to the Future? That is SUCH a crappy bunch of movies... *grins*

Further up and further in!
                        (Reference anyone?)
                        T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
                        Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
                        Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
                        Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
                        My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
                        Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
                        Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• I LOVE back to the future!!!!!

And civi: how could the princess bride ever look bad?!?!?!

You had better start believing in ghost stories, Miss Turner. Because you're in one. -Pirates of the Carribean

Comment

• Dont mention 'back to the future' in fron of civi.
                            (he loves that movie, IF my memories are correct)

and to civi: I thought you were gonna let me borrow Order of the pheonix when your done???

ANyways, I have WAY to much to read. I am in the middle of two books, then I am 450 out of 600 pages on XENOCIDE, the fifth enders game book, and ON TOP OF THOSE, our english teacher decides to assign the class novels. *sigh*

But thats what the hours of 9:00 p.m. to 4:30 a.m. on weekends and breaks are for, right?(for me anyways)

Xenocide

Comment

• STILL NOT PAGE 30!! GO SUPER PAGE GO!!

Xenocide

Comment

• THAT'S RIGHT!! THIRTY PAGES!!! GO GO GO GO GO!!

And I am NOT a night person. I am a morning person and I always will be. (Though I cannot say I will be immediately fresh if you wake me up at six. Unless we're going crabbing, but then we generally get up at five. ;D)

*Ella*

-The Princess Bride
                                *Ella*
                                --Bright Eyes

Comment

Working...
                                X