Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harry Potter Speculation (book & movie Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think that Harry will teach, and I don't expect it, because he has to have lots of free time to beat Voldemort.
    yeah, but when voldemort is defeated? he tought defense against the arts to the club, why not in school?
    I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
    For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• It would be cool if Harry lived and came back as a teacher, but I don't think it will happen. I mean a sure way to end a series is to kill the main character.

marina salem that picture is hilarious.
      Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
      Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

• Thank ya, spyells.

As much as I would like Harry to live so he and Ginny can be together, I don't want anyone else to write sequels about his life after the seventh book. For instance, there's some person who wrote two (I think) sequels to Pride and Prejudice, which I picked up and paged through once to get an idea of what it was about. The book didn't follow Austen's style at all, which made the page or so that I read seem out of place and completely weird.

But back to the topic. I can't really see Harry teaching a bunch of kids DAtDA. For one thing, he'd be kinda young to do that, only 17 or 18, so there might be some authority conflicts between him and the 7th years. Also, the 1st and 2nd years would all be clammoring for his autograph, "to prove that (they) really met (him)", which would be like having 80 or so Creevys hanging around every day.
        I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their intellects. A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies. I have not got one who is a fool.--Oscar Wilde

Comment

• 80 or so Creevy's would be a creepy though. Colin (that was his first name right) got on my nerves.

I have friends always writing fan fiction. So no matter how much we hate it someone will right a sequel to the last Harry Potter book even if J.K. doesn't.
          Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
          Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

• JKR's said that it will not be one of the three who will come back to teach, so that rules them out

I was a Harry/Ginny shipper way before the last book came out, so I was very happy xD I also adore the Lupin/Tonks pairing, I think they're an awesome pair.
            "In the contemporary world where things fall apart and the center will not hold, you have to imagine a community where there is no center." - John Green

Comment

• Originally posted by marina salem:
              For one thing, he'd be kinda young to do that, only 17 or 18, so there might be some authority conflicts between him and the 7th years.
              "All right, hands up everyone who killed Voldemort. Nobody? Well, hands up everyone who even dares to say 'Voldemort' without using a euphemism. Nobody? All right, now we'll get on with the lesson."

Authority conflicts?

Incidentally, some of the other guesses don't fit what JKR said, which was that one of Harry's year will be a teacher at Hogwarts, and it wouldn't be who we think. So Lupin and Arthur Weasley don't fit, and nor does Fudge.

Kaila: I forget; it wasn't in a book, it was either on JKR's website or in an interview.
              Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• Ja, PM, but remember Zaccharias Smith, the Hufflepuff in the DA? He'd sure be conflicting with Harry's authority.

If we think logically about the teaching situation, McGonagall was deputy headmistress and will become Headmistress. That opens up Transfiguraton, along with the ever-empty DADA position. Do we know any students in Harry's year that were pretty good at either? Besides Hermione, of course. If these are the teaching positions that'd be open...*goes off to think*

I agree with you, Piper: Lupin and Tonks are an awesome pair .
                I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their intellects. A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies. I have not got one who is a fool.--Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Maybe Fleur? she's young (I don't remember her exact age). She's definately good at transfiguration and needs a job. (Charlie can't work for a while)
                  I can create a world, out of letters and words. I can make you believe something in a paragraph. I can make you love someone in a page. I can make you go places that don't exist in a book. That's all the magic I need. [url]http://melpomene.freeforums

Comment

• It would be cool if Harry lived and came back as a teacher, but I don't think it will happen. I mean a sure way to end a series is to kill the main character.
                    the only problem with that is the words "end the series," since she keeps on saying that while she has no intention of writing another book, she still MIGHT.
                    For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rubywolf:
                      Maybe Fleur? she's young (I don't remember her exact age). She's definately good at transfiguration and needs a job. (Charlie can't work for a while)
                      I believe that Fleur is somehwere between 19 and 21, because she was 17 or 18 in GoF. And she's still working at Gringotts, isn't she? She won't come teach, though: JK said it would be someone from Harry's class. Why do you say that Charlie can't work for a while, Rubywolf? It's obvious that Bill may be out for a bit, having been attacked by a werewolf, but Charlie?

I had the weird idea of one of the Patil twins, Seamus Finnigan, or Hannah Abbott coming back to teach, since all of them were removed from Hogwarts during HBP. It's weird because I don't see any of them specializing in the spots that'll likely be open in the seventh year.

Comment

• Hmmm...there are so many people who could be unexpected teachers that anyone's guess is as good as the next. As for that malfoy is now a Death Eater and the teachers wouldn't let him, Snape weasled his way into the job. Of course, that was with Dumbledor around...*pauses to consider her options* I still thik Malfoy might become one, but any of the people who's parents made them leave could be it too. I'd say, any one we wouldn't expect, to expect.
                        Which also makes it possible that Malfoy could become a teacher because you wouldn't expect the teachers to let him back in after going all evil. I have no idea why I am stuck with the idea of him teaching , so don't bother asking. I guess I would just find it...interesting?
                        yes, Lupin and Tonks are good together, aren't they? i have always suppoeted Ron and Hermoine, too.
                        "You're so funny. Sometimes, I wish I was a little elf, so I could ride around on your shoulder all day and laugh at you." - my mom. (Yes, she honestly told me that. *rolls eyes*)

Comment

• *SERIOUSLY doubts the eligibility of malfoy* if nothing else, it just doesn't seem like much of a teacher...

Comment

• what about if dumbldore came back to life???? i mean it cannt end with him someone hase toi come backright??? what about the final battle who's going to be in it? it shoould be the people who were in the da meetings right??
                            its a long long walk to the end of the earth... but let me tell you if im walking to you then i'll walk farther than you would have dreamed possible.

Comment

• I don't believe Harry is a horcrux mainly because when had Voldemort been alone with him long enough to perform that evil of magic. (to the reader's knowledge)Didn't Slughorn in book six say it was a process to split up your soul.
                              Just a thought something to ease my mind that Harry wont die in the last book.

Comment

• wizy123: Though I was just as upset as the next person about Dumbldore's death, it's unlikely that he will come back. For one thing, we were witness to his murder with Avada Kedavra. Dumbledore himself also told us that "no spell can reawaken the dead". Lastly, he was enclosed in a white marble tomb, was he not?

If anyone comes back, it will likely be Sirius, because JK doesn't tell us that he's dead. He just doesn't reappear. As for who will be in the final battle: Harry and Voldemort (obviously), maybe Ron and Hermione, maybe people from the Order. Except for the first two, everyone else is really up in the air. Let your mind wander freely .

MuseofMusic: You raise an interesting point. It is a process of splitting your soul, but we don't know how long that would take.

I had another thought as I reread the Wiki article and Goblet of Fire: When Harry shows Dumbledore his arm where Wormtail stole his blood for the Dark Lord, Dumbledore's eyes "gleam with something like triumph", or something like that. Anyone have any ideas of what that might mean?

Just random thoughts from a random poster.

Comment

Working...
                                X