Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harry Potter Speculation (book & movie Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm_being_lazy, so I haven't looked at the Potter sight that Piper posted. Whoa, accidental alliteration. XD

Anyway, back to the mysterious seventh volume we've been so avidly discussing: I have this weird theory (actually, I have two, and the other will be brought up in a little) that Harry will break one of the first (and few) rules of wizardry he has learned: The rule that states that the dead cannot be brought back to life. I know, I know, I'm barking mad...but since the magic of the HP world isn't very...consistent, shall we say, than is it really that impossible?

And my second theory is this: that Harry is the last Horcrux. No, I don't have a shrink. And stop throwing things, for pity's sake! *ducks* A lot of my friends, and most of the people I know, HP fans or not, have agreed that he will die in the last book. I bitterly resent that fact, but I am compelled to agree with it, especially since the birth of my twisted brainchild mentioned above--that Harry is indeed the last Horcrux.

-peri

Comment

That's a very interesting theory, peri. Both of them, actually. If the first one is correct, who will be brought back to life? Dumbledore, Sirius, both?...and how...

If the second is right (and I like the idea), wouldn't Dumbledore have told Harry that he was a Horcrux? If not, you'd think that he would have noticed. Maybe he did...who knows?...
      I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their intellects. A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies. I have not got one who is a fool.--Oscar Wilde

Comment

I've heard the theory of Harry being a Horcrux before (pretty sure it was on the Lexicon, actually), which would explain why he can sometimes slip into the minds of both Voldemort and Nagini, and can feel their emotions. Some people theorize that this was the real reason Harry was attacked, others say he did it unintentionally, I've heard both sides. However, if Harry were to completely and totally destroy Voldemort, he must destroy all remaining Horcruxes, which would require him to kill himself if he is indeed one. I'm not quite sure I buy into this theory yet, mainly because I'm clinging to the rabid hope that Harry will live through the last book (I'm talking to you Joan!) XD

On the bringing people back thing...sorry Peri luff, but noo no no no. The only time JKR ever mentions things coming back to life is Inferi, which are "corpses. Dead bodies that have been bewitched to do a Dark wizard's bidding". So they're not really the people the corpses once were, per se, but I don't think Rowling would ever bring anyone dead back except for in the form of a ghost, and we still don't know what causes people to become ghosts anyway (other than that they're very unhappy people, which I would say means Dumbledore wouldn't be one. Sirius, maybe, but Albus, no.)
        "In the contemporary world where things fall apart and the center will not hold, you have to imagine a community where there is no center." - John Green

Comment

Wow, I really need to read the series again. You guys reminded me of things in the series that I have forgotten. I love Harry Potter, so I guess I need to refresh my memory.
          Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
          Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

xD I have a small (*snort*) book obsession, and an iron-clad memory after I've read one. Now, if only I had that when it came to math.... :P
            "In the contemporary world where things fall apart and the center will not hold, you have to imagine a community where there is no center." - John Green

Comment

Yeah, me too. My math grade grade sucks. If you saw it you would be scared.

Comment

You'd die if you saw my math grade, spyells...

Anyway, back to the topic...We know how Voldemort was thinking when he made his Horcruxes: he chose to hide them in objects that held were very signifigant to him. So, I have a question for everyone: If you were evil enough to make a Horcrux (which I sincerely hope no one is), what would you put it in and why?

By the way...who would one destroy the Horcrux once one found it? I suppose you could use "reducto" to destroy it, but that doesn't seem...final enough.
                I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their intellects. A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies. I have not got one who is a fool.--Oscar Wilde

Comment

Does anyone have any idea what the deathly hallows are? I really don't care for hp that much, but i read the books.
                  I can create a world, out of letters and words. I can make you believe something in a paragraph. I can make you love someone in a page. I can make you go places that don't exist in a book. That's all the magic I need. [url]http://melpomene.freeforums

Comment

Originally posted by marina salem:
                    You'd die if you saw my math grade, spyells...

Anyway, back to the topic...We know how Voldemort was thinking when he made his Horcruxes: he chose to hide them in objects that held were very signifigant to him. So, I have a question for everyone: If you were evil enough to make a Horcrux (which I sincerely hope no one is), what would you put it in and why?

By the way...who would one destroy the Horcrux once one found it? I suppose you could use "reducto" to destroy it, but that doesn't seem...final enough.
                    I would hide it in my Nintendo DS.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it takes a little more than that. In example, the Diary survived all kinds of things, including toilets. It was Harry stabbing it with the Basilisk fang that finished it. I'm thinking the rest are going to have to be done away with in mucht the same fashion.

Comment

My math grades aren't bad, but it is (by far) my worst subject. Ick, math. >

Rubywolf, I suggest you read the whole topic to figure out what we're talking about; it's
                        not very long, so it shouldn't take more than five minutes or so of your time.

I agree with Piper; it'll definitely take more than just reducto to destroy a Horcrux. And thanks for the correction, Piper.

Just a thought; wouldn't Sirius be an interesting ghost?

-peri

Comment

It really will take more than a "reducto" spell finish a Horcux. The spells that are on them so no one Voldemort are very power. And destroy one hard because unless Harry finds the spells to destroy it he better get a basilisk fang. I think Harry might die at the end of the 7th book from what J.K. Rowling said... it made me think. Harry might be a Horcux... though I high dought it. I need to reread the seires as well.

Country Music!!!

Comment

I think Harry might die in the seventh book. I haven't read a single book in the series since it came out, but I do believe from what J.K. Rowling said he will. I wonder what else could happen in this next book?

Comment

nyeheh... saw this and couldn't stand not showing it here..

[edited to change image to a link. There's a four-letter word in there, CM, not allowed on the forums. Next time I'll probably just delete. --kli]

Comment

Cyber mirage where did you get that? It is interesting, I've never seen it any where.

Comment

Working...
                                X