How old are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spyells,

what day in july? Mine is on the 26th. I love having a summer birthday.
    "Doctors help you to live, the Arts give you a reason to live."

Comment

I'm 17, but I'll be eighteen in June next summer.

Yes, I really love summer birthdays.
      Shoot for the moon. If you miss, at least you'll be among the stars. ~ Les Brown

Comment

Wow, It looks I am going to be one of the youngest on here.

I'm 10, 11 in May. There is quite a mix of ages here!
        Ars longa, vita brevis
        (Art is long, life is brief) -- Seneca

Comment

Don't worry Daisy, I'm 11. My birthday's coming up though, so not for long... My birthdays is only a few days before Christmas, so I always get twice the presents.
          "at least i thought it was a wall. It sure felt like one. It was hard, it was flat. It stretched out on either side of me. You know... wall." -Bobby Pendragon

Comment

I have a summer birthday, too. June 15 Makes for such a beautiful time of the year, doesn't it? I'll be sixteen then. I can't wait until the trees blossom again and then they take on their shade of vigorous life in the summer, but I'll be content with the snow until then.
            just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

I'm 18, soon to be 19, (twenty-nine days and counting) and I picked up these books while waiting for a new Tamora Pierce/Potter book when I was...oh, twelve. Since then I've gotten my ex boyfriend, and two best friends into reading the series.
              Last edited by Ace Ryn Knight; December 2, 2008, 10:21:12 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Ryn Knight View Post
                Since then I've gotten my ex boyfriend, and two best friends into reading the series.
                Good work, Ace. :-)

I've been trying to get my daughters (9 and 11) into the series: they've both read SYWtBaW, and Ael's read DW, but stalled out there.

I don't think I started picking up Tamora Pierce books until after SYWtBaW got me into YA fantasy, come to think of it...
                Last edited by Garrett Fitzgerald; December 4, 2008, 03:39:40 PM. Reason: Extended comments
                "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

I am 18. I started reading YW when I was like in....... fifth grade? A friend of mine told me about it. I've been on these forums for about four years now. five soon!
                  ---------------------------
                  I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Call me nasa, it's a tradition.... don't ask...

Comment

'Ello!

Okay, 1: HI NASA!

2: Almost 13. ALMOST. >.< Two weeks and a bit and I'll officially be a teen! And then I'll be awesome. ... or not, depending. I'm still busy trying to decide whether to believe the horror stories about adolescence or not. But in any case... almost thirteen.

Yes. Yes I am going to say 'almost thirteen' when someone asks me my age, rather than just plain old 'twelve'. The first sounds better
                    "Accomplishing the impossible means only the boss will add it to your regular duties." - Anonymous
                    Nita, Kit, pay attention to that one!

Comment

MOUSEY! Dai! (I just thought turning 13 and 16 was a bit anticlimatic for me, for all the stories about it.)

17 here. Was gifted with a Canadian election on my birthday, and I couldn't even vote. Nor could I gift myself with the hardcover copy of W@W ($6.99!!!), as I was saving up to buy my friend a book for her 18th...
                      -Tell me and I may remember; show me and I'll understand; involve me and I'll never forget. Thank you, PM. Your light lives on.

Comment

I came on the SYWTBAW at the library I was working at, when I was picking up books for holds of patrons, and grabbed it and never looked back! I went and bought them after that. I'm now 32 and it was about 3 years ago that I found them. Then I found that I had a copy of TVTQ and had since I'd worked at Hastings 3 years before that, and I'm still trying to get copies of TVTQ and TBONWM as I love Rhiow. My birthday is in August when W@W came out, and my friend gave it to me... I can't wait to read WoM as I don't have the money to pay to read it on here....
                        There is Always DEEP Shadow where there is MUCH Light!
                        "I will meet the terminally clueless today...idiots and those with hairballs for brains.... I do not have to be like them, even though I would dearly love to hit them hard enough to make the empty places between their ears echo..." Rhiow - TVTQ

Comment

Dai Mousey.

And WOW!!!!!!! I feel old! I mean, I remember being thirteen, and yes it is kinda.... well it's not all its cracked up to be.

I missed being able to vote too, by like two weeks I was sooo pissed, guess I wait until 2012.....

And yeah, nasa's back. I finally bought a new computer.
                          ---------------------------
                          I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Call me nasa, it's a tradition.... don't ask...

Comment

Originally posted by bookgirl View Post
                            spyells,

what day in july? Mine is on the 26th. I love having a summer birthday.
                            My birthday is July 21. I love having a summer birthday too. I would hate having to go to school during my birthday. What's funny about this though is that I hate summer. My favorite seasons are Fall and Winter. xD
                            Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
                            Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

^ You'd hate going to school on your birthday? Try my birthday, March 3rd, going to school on the Monday that the state standardized tests start. Happy birthday from the school! ...Although now that I'm in high school, maybe timing is different.... I know the tests themselves are different.

At least my birthday's on a Tuesday this time, unlike the last two....
                              "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

ATM: ... with the hardcover copy of W@W ($6.99!!!)
                                Ohhh... That is so unfair! $6.99 for a hardcover book? Most hardcovers here (regardless of the exchange rate) are AU$50; W@W for me was AU$36 (because it counts as a kids book, so it is cheaper).

Eric: At least my birthday's on a Tuesday this time, unlike the last two....
                                Your last two birthdays were on a Monday? That's impressive

Comment

Working...
                                X