No announcement yet.

How old are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The worst part about the yes-on-8 banner ads was that they were only showing up for folks browsing in California--so a lot of site owners never even saw them until the complaints rolled in. And editing the filters to block the domain didn't work. The AdSense thread on it is pretty entertaining.

BTW, I'm feeling better about the photography thing. I love David Hobby, aka the Strobist.

Bookgirl--I've been storing up my good-behavior points. But yeah, sorry.
    New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Yes indeedy -- everyone who is eligible, please get out and vote. I've already done my civic duty and voted by early election last week, so I can sit by the TV most of the day and watch the returns roll in.

"I has a hope..."

ETA: Should we just give up and begin an Elections thread, with the thought that if it gets too rancorous, it will be shut down?
      "Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
      "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

kli - Only after you made the political post.

Can we PLEASE separate the politics out into another thread? I'll be happy if I never hear anything more about it after today - in fact, I could have said that about six months ago. I've had enough!

Having said which, Kli, you're welcome. I'm gay myself and the idea of Prop. 8 sickens me. I took part in a major fandom auction earlier this year that raised $50K in donations to Equality California, the HRC and another charity supporting "No on 8".
        Las Vegas Boulevard is jammed, and I'm in love...

Comment

Only six months? For me, it's been going on two years, ever since they started down the campaign trail. I really wish we had a media limit and equal-airtime for candidates, like in Canada.

I am just praying my fellow Californians have wised up in the the last eight years.

And for that, I'm counting heavily on those who were 10-13 when Bush was first elected and are finally getting their first chance today to have a say in who gets to be president.
          New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Well my comment is sorta on topic... both of the topics that are in this thread.... I went and voted today where I went to Elementary School. I even saw some of my old teachers. Its been almost eight years since I've been there.
            "Doctors help you to live, the Arts give you a reason to live."

Comment

And...I'm obviously not old enough to vote yet, so...this means absolutely nothing to me! Well, it means a little.

Trying to get back on topic:

Trialia: Hey, my birthday is on the 5th! Haha...

There, people! Follow my example, and get back to the topic we were discussing before the politics came up!
              Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Emi- I was the same way. My birthday is in the last part of July, the 26th. And so I was one of the youngest in my graduating class.
                "Doctors help you to live, the Arts give you a reason to live."

Comment

*sigh* I happen to be another born in the excellent month of July (the 31st at 11 PM to be exact) Sooo close to August... and yet so far away. And... i'm 14. Yay! in ten years, i'll be the reverse of the answer to Life, the Universe and Everything. So... would it be the question? Sorry for the one- liner, but the topic is rather narrow.
                  Believe something... and somewhere, it's happened

Comment

I'm an October baby I just turned 21 a couple of weeks ago, so now I can drink if/when I get over to the US.

Comment

Well...I'm 18 as of last June. And yes, I did vote in the election-absentee though, so I didn't get an "I voted" sticker (stupid college...I wanted to vote for several issues in my hometown, which is why I didn't just change my registration to my current location.) I didn't get one from the primaries either because I was working the polls and voted absentee then as well...hmmm...I am glad that I got my say in the election though.

Yep, almost 2 years of the election for me as well...thank you AP Government in high school, which has had me following campaigns ever since then.

Comment

I'm also 14, also turning 15 in February Except I'm on the 3rd. I hate it how even though I'm born so early in the year, there are still so many people older than me. Stupid January's.

Re: Politics. I may not be eligible to vote (I may also be Canadian) but I know so much more about American politics than my own. America's is so sensationalised it's almost a TV show. However, it certainly makes for better watching. I couldn't seem to hold my attention when I watched the prime ministerial debates for Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by Elita Justice:
                          (I may also be Canadian) but I know so much more about American politics than my own. America's is so sensationalised it's almost a TV show. However, it certainly makes for better watching.
                          I totally agree with you there Elita Justice. I live in the U.S. but it's really entertaining to watch the news sometimes...and I also wanted to say that one of my best friends lives in Canada, so that helps me understand your point of view too.

Okay, so...getting back on topic, I'm 12, going to be 13 on December 11th...I seem to be so much older than most of my friends, but I thought that December was supposed to be the month for the youngest people in the grade...i guess not.

Comment

12, 13 in Febuary(17) so many people older, and yet so many younger
                            To save this from a one-liner, The US politics are realy like a TV series. Reading about it in the Ecomomist is hysterical sometimes...
                            “I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.”
                            -Groucho Marx

Comment

Presently, I am 15 and I'll be 16 at the beginning of March.
                              "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

JK! I'm seventeen. I'll be eighteen next July.
                                Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
                                Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

Working...
                                X