No announcement yet.

How old are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am now 13 years old. Today, on December 11th. I had homework today, but oh well...you can't always get what you want. I just noticed that I've quoted like 400 songs today...exaggerated of course. Sorry, getting off topic, but there isn't really much to add besides just saying my DOB. By the way, it's Dec. 11th, 1995. Dai!

Comment

Who else took the oath?

I'm 30, born 23/04/78 and came across the Corgi paperback of SYWTBAW in my public library when I was 13. It was the most captivating book I'd ever read, and shortly thereafter I took the oath, reading it aloud in my bedroom and hoping it was more than just a story.
      Last edited by Wizardling; December 13, 2008, 02:01:46 PM. Reason: Just trying out the new forum
      Frog blast the vent core!

Comment

Yay! My birthday is coming up really soon! It's next Friday.

I've been planning my party this week, and most of my friends can come. Usually they're all on winter vacation somewhere nice and hot... I can't really blame them though, not wanting to spend their Christmas with four feet of snow... Stupid Alaskan weather.
        "at least i thought it was a wall. It sure felt like one. It was hard, it was flat. It stretched out on either side of me. You know... wall." -Bobby Pendragon

Comment

Wow, it's been over a year since I've been here. Anyway, I'm 18, so, yeah.

Comment

I feel old with all these 12 - 18 yr olds running around the forum! I'm a well aged 38. I've been reading the YW books since *I* was 13 and SYWTBAW first arrived at my school library. A few years ago I found them again at Audible.com and promptly ordered the whole set of available YW audiobooks. I'm truly hooked! Can't wait till WoM comes out, soon I hope.

Comment

Age matters less than I used to think ...

Don't feel too old Linnette. I'll be 50 Wednesday. I first read Door into Fire and Door into Shadow in the oversize Bluejay paperbacks in the 80s, and found SYWTBAW not too long after that. I read the oath out loud, too, and I was in my early 20s at that point.

Age matters less than I used to think. I notice more and more that the most together adults I know are still children in some ways, open with close friends about feelings and dreams, competitive in sports, at the mercy of their love for their pets or their children or their parents or patients or clients or friends, able to be delighted or wounded by something a stranger says, awed by a sunset or the moon (it was so bright night before last--full at perigee!).

And while some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense, I have had very enlightening conversations with my siblings' kids when they were not yet in grade school. Whether the enlightenment went both ways, I don't know.
              "Caminante no hay camino. / Se hace camino al andar." (Walker, there is no road. You make the road by walking.) -- Antonio Machado
              "A wild patience has taken me this far." -- Adrienne Rich

Comment

Linnette: I know about feeling old when I get talking to some of these youngsters. Thanks for the knowledge of DD's series on Audible, I'll have to start getting them with my credits...
                Taran: I agree, you honestly are as old as you feel you are. I've felt like I've been younger these last few months, and I have more responsibility now than I have before... Some of the wisest things I've heard have come from children...

Age is relative in so many ways...
                There is Always DEEP Shadow where there is MUCH Light!
                "I will meet the terminally clueless today...idiots and those with hairballs for brains.... I do not have to be like them, even though I would dearly love to hit them hard enough to make the empty places between their ears echo..." Rhiow - TVTQ

Comment

Originally posted by Stormwind View Post
                  Age is relative in so many ways...
                  I have to agree with this one! I never feel so young as when I'm on a walk with my son. The world seen through the eyes of a 5 yr old is a wonderful, exciting, enchanting place!

Comment

Very true... I live with my sister and her sons, and while they are only 3 and 11/2 the wonder and joy they take in life is so filling and exhausting at the same time... I think that is wizardry in the best ways...
                    There is Always DEEP Shadow where there is MUCH Light!
                    "I will meet the terminally clueless today...idiots and those with hairballs for brains.... I do not have to be like them, even though I would dearly love to hit them hard enough to make the empty places between their ears echo..." Rhiow - TVTQ

Comment

I am 2572 1\2 years of age
                      I am VERY old
                      Dai!

P.S. gone libraring

Comment

17; 18 in January. I've been reading YW... longer than I had thought.
                        "Moral indignation in most cases is 2% moral, 48% indignation, and 50% envy."--Vittorio de Sica

Comment

24. "I found So you Want to be a Wizard" years and years ago.

Comment

Dai stihó, cousin!
                            I'm 48, yes, one of the Oldies. I've been with YW seven years. My son was between HP books and while waiting he went looking for more wizards. YW caught his eye. He really enjoyed the first book and decided to introduce his book loving mom to the series. I was sold on day one and we have been on board every since.
                            To the Circle of Fire; those who have gone before, those who are present, and those who have yet to come.
                            ...Don Miguel Ruiz...

Comment

I am Very OLD

As one of the First, I believe that I trump you all.

I'm old enough to have first editions of most of the Diane's books including everyone of the the Young and Feline Wizard series (except, of course, "The Big Meow". Please hurry! I want to read that and "The Door into Starlight before I die).
                              Last edited by Hanineal; December 21, 2008, 09:50:42 PM.

Comment

I'm sixteen. I joined this forum late in 5th grade and started reading the YW books in 4th grade. It's been quite a while, hasn't it?

I remember that this forum was pretty diverse with the ages. Yep.
                                From your friendly neighborhood wizard, Poliester.

Comment

Working...
                                X