How old are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How old are you?

I'm curious to see how wide of a range of ages we have in this forum. Don't post your age if you feel uncomfortable posting that to an online group.
    "Doctors help you to live, the Arts give you a reason to live."

*resigned sigh* 22, will be 23 in February.
    Las Vegas Boulevard is jammed, and I'm in love...

Comment

40, been reading YW since I was 16 (or maybe 17, but I'm pretty sure I picked SYWtBaW up freshman year of college...)
      "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

14, turning 15 in February. I've been reading YW since I was 11, or when I had just turned 12 (can't remember the exact dates, haha).

Trialia: What day of February?
        Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

17! My birthday is in August. I'm one of the youngest people in my grade...

I first read SYWTBAW the summer before 6th grade so that was when I was... 11? I'm not really sure, but that book got me to actually like reading.
          Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
          Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
          It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
          Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

I am 19, junior in college. I first started reading YW at age 9 (I was given the first 4 for Christmas while I was in 4th grade.) There seems to be a wide range here, which is one of the things which can be nice about this site. I like there being adults as well as teenagers on forums because its interesting to compare to those older than you especially in book based forums.
            We will remember you PM. And your little GingerBear.

Comment

Wow, there is a much bigger range of ages than I thought there would be. Thats pretty cool. I'm 19, and a sophmore in college. I started reading the series when I was 12, my 7th grade English teacher introduced me to it. She read the first chapter of SYWtBaW to the class one day and.... I was hooked.

Comment

I am the Ancient of Days of all of you (unless someone trumps me) at 45. Tremble in awe before my librarian powers!

Sorry about the one-liner post; I know DD doesn't care for them, as they suck bandwidth to no avail.
                "Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
                "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

I'm the answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything. (for the H2G2-uninitiated, that means I'm 42. And probably erroneous.) And my tech write powers are all worn out.
                  New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

kk: 10th (my sister's birthday is the 5th). You?

To save this from being a one-liner - I was introduced to DD's work by a CSI fandom friend in early 2005, found On Her Majesty's Wizardly Service through the inter-library service here shortly after that, and haven't looked back

Comment

BTW, everybody who's over 18 and in the US? Don't forget to vote. You're going to have to count as my five friends. Everybody else I know is voting or has already mailed in their absentee ballots.
                      New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Originally posted by kli6:
                        BTW, everybody who's over 18 and in the US? Don't forget to vote. You're going to have to count as my five friends. Everybody else I know is voting or has already mailed in their absentee ballots.
                        *bangs head against wall* I was hoping to avoid more political talk by coming over to this forum. Damn it.

(Not American, and not eligible to vote, but definitely a donor to the CA 'No on 8' campaign, here.)

Comment

Sorry. But you mentioned prop 8.

And boy, do I know that feeling. My photography board got taken over yesterday by yes-on-8 banner ads. Damn near made me leave that board until they apologized and explained it was a Google AdSense thing (sigh).

To me, though, the "remember to vote" thing is non-partisan enough to be ok. And given that voter turnout is typically less than 40% of the eligible population, it always seems a good thing to do. And it'll all be over tomorrow. I hope (please, fates, not a repeat of 2000--anything but that).

Oh. And I'm in California. And I'm voting No on 8. Ferociously. Whole-heartedly. With everything I've got in me. (And far more hope than the last time [2000] when it was Prop. 22 and passed 60/40). It's the #1 reason I'm showing up at the polls today, no lie. (Yeah, yeah, who's president is my #2).

And I can still remember when I was sending emails to my UK friends in 1988 letting them know one of their American email buddies actually cared about Clause 27/28. Thanks for returning the favor, Trialia. That's more than I've been met with by other folks on the photography board.

Comment

Originally posted by kli6:
                            And boy, do I know that feeling. My photography board got taken over yesterday by yes-on-8 banner ads. Damn near made me leave that board until they apologized and explained it was a Google AdSense thing (sigh).
                            I do a political blog for the Brewer Democratic Committee -- earlier this year, we were getting ads for McCain and Michelle Malkin. *shiver*

Fortunately, the guy who owns the domain was able to get those turned off. :-)
                            "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

Geez, I got in trouble last time I got off topic, and that was only slightly off topic. This... lol. Can't go anywhere without running into political discussions, even where half of the people don't even live in the U.S. lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X