X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i did,
    i'll see if i forgive-if you behave!!

~*Lakie*~
    Yesterday was history, Tommorow is a mystory, Today is a gift!
    ~*Lakie*~
    Yesterday was history, Tommorow is a mystory, Today is a gift!

Comment

• Lilly noticed the cyclone at the foot of the hill and nudged Martina.

"What do you think that is?" she asked, staring hard at it. If she squinted her eyes, she could almost make out figures in the center. "I think there are people, or something in there. I'm going to check it out."

Lilly headed down the mountain, towards the whirlwind. As she got closer, it got harder and harder to keep from blowing away. She was now able to make out the figures: one girl, and one...girl? Hawk? It was difficult to tell.

"Hello?" she called. "Can I help you?"

<OOC: bc and lakie, please drop it! bc, don't kill off your characters, and lakie, forgive and forget! I don't want to sound harsh, guys, but it was a small misunderstanding. It doesn't need to be taken out of proportion.>

"Food for thought requires a mind with teeth" Vollys the dragon, "The Two Princesses of Bamarre"
      "Drink up, me hearties, yo ho!" Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
      WHO CARES IF LEGOLAS IS GIRLY OR NOT???
      Nurse Foxtail has returned!!!

Comment

• Questing trotted down the hill after Lilly. "Are you sure you're okay after possession? That usually takes a lot out of you." She stopped, and peered at the small tornado. "Ah. An elemental. I haven't seen one of those in -- oh, a long time. Hello there," she yelled, trying to project over the howling winds. "We aren't exactly on errantry, but we greet you anyway. Who are you, and what can we do for you?"

Martina she thought, can you tell -- friend or foe? All I can see is dust.

"Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
        "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

• Lilly smiled at Questing. "I'm fine. A little dizzy, but no problem."

Truth to tell, she wasn't feeling completely up to par, but she wasn't about to tell anyone that. After all, she didn't want to seem like a defenseless, weak girl who was constantly relying on others for help. Don't worry, she told herself. You'll be fine.

"Food for thought requires a mind with teeth" Vollys the dragon, "The Two Princesses of Bamarre"
          "Drink up, me hearties, yo ho!" Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
          WHO CARES IF LEGOLAS IS GIRLY OR NOT???
          Nurse Foxtail has returned!!!

Comment

• OOC: Foxtail, I just looked at my last post, and realized what a horrible pun I made. Apologies all around

Comment

• Kite whirled around looking very, very displeased.

She ceased the winds with a whirl of the silver ball. "Not much you can do," she said softly. Her voice was young, but carried the confidence of a person much older than she. "I'm only browsing these realms for lack of much else to do. There is trouble brewing up high again, myself and the other elementals, are in these realms until it blows over. As are the Aspects." She shook her head slightly. "I have no idea what it's all about, but the powers are none too happy. I am Kite- The Wind Elemental."

Kitsune Rei ~kisses taste nice~

Comment

• Martina, following Lilly and Questing, squinted into the clouds. "I can't see much better than you can- oh, really!" She winced, swore and rubbed at her eyes. "That's just not nice. If you're going to throw violently windy tantrums, you should at least keep the sand out of them." She raised her voice. "Hey! You! unleash your winds and back away slowly!"

<OOC: SORRY. I love tyhat stupid line. Hee. I saw the extended two Towers the other day... "Put down the candles and back away slowly!" Ditto for the axe, dwarf-in-the-wood!
                Ack. Yeah. Sorry.>

"We are philosophical geniuses [sic] who will one day rule the world!"
                --Agent M
                Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
                Still the Typo Queen

[This message was edited by Birdhead on 17 December 2003 at 17:05.]
                Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• Kite looked infuriated and with a angry look and wave of the silver ball, she sent a strong gust and a into Martina.

"I expect," she said, enunciating her words coldly, "To be treated with RESPECT. THAT little storm is NOTHING when I am angry." She narrowed her eyes.

Comment

• Martina leant into the gust and, as it subsided, straigtened and looked at the slim figure assessingly. "Is that so, little sister?* Well, I'm happy to treat you with the respect you... deserve. I still can't tell if you deserve any, though; you seem to have beein spying on us, or what else would you be doing here?"

*sister here used in the non-biological, more very-distant-relationkinda way. I'm assuming elementals have some relationship with the gods.)

--Agent M
                    Still the Typo Queen

Comment

• (OOC: I think Lakie's still mad at me.)
                      Ash drifted down to the earth, shot a look at Kite, and rolled her eyes. Some cyclone rolls in....that's all it takes...even the enemies are lined up now.
                      Flame dodges up behind Ash. "Asharran? Are you going to just stand there?" Ash's hair blows in the wind. "Well, Flame, Kite's stolen our drift. You were supposed to be fire, remember? And Letalis and Ice were the water. Was Night ever the earth? We've been planning for so long!"
                      *forgets Night's pet...must look it up*
                      Ash lights a fire and uses it to light mind arrows. She sends them careening into the enemy, with a side thought at Red--nothing was wrong with her and she was back in her castle--what fast action. Red was lucky, considering.
                      Flame nodded at Kite.

brokencello
                      the crinkled paper bag
                      "Life isn't like the movies, Toto."
                      --Alfredo, Cinema Paradiso
                      brokencello
                      the crinkled paper bag
                      "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"

Comment

• Kite gave a satisfied smile. "What else would I do in these realms? I am Wind- the manipulator and spy. I was curious. Perhaps my sister Alysa, the Wood Elemential is happy to linger in the forests alone, day after day. Perhaps Shade, the Water Elemential, is happy to forge documents and get into a university and later politics. Perhaps Darrien, the Earth Elemential, is happy to be alone to hunt and and fish. And perhaps Kira, the Fire elemential, is pleased to join the army and fight. Just as I am inclined to wander without interfering." She smiled at the thought she could be younger than Martina. "Don't let my size fool you- I'm older than you a hundred years if I'm a day. Let me show you."

She tossed her silver ball up high, and as it came down, another image of her was cast- Long white hair tied back and bound with red, white, and blue. Great grey wings overshadowed her shoulders, and she was dressed in tunic and breeches. A double-bladed staff was balanced acorss her back, and a dagger at her waist. But this image was fleeting and brief- as the ball hit the ground, it disappered.

"I don't have the god's strength. I don't have the power to keep my true form here long. And besides. This one is just so much more comfortable and inconspicuous."

She whirled around to look at Ash and the others who just appeared. "There's a difference between elementials and element mages, you know..." She stated calmly. "Quite a big difference."

Comment

• Aurie--You've ruined me!!!!!!!!!!! NOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll have to think of something else--but I had it all planned out--Ash-fire, Night-earth I think, Letalis-water. NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

brokencello
                          the crinkled paper bag
                          "Life isn't like the movies, Toto."
                          --Alfredo, Cinema Paradiso
                          brokencello
                          the crinkled paper bag
                          "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"

Comment

• "I'm not sure if it's altogether pleasant to be reminded there are things higher up the food chain than you when it comes to wizardly matters," Questing muttered. Addressing Kite again, she said, "If things are as unsettled as you imply in the realm of the gods, why are you down here messing about with us mere mortals?" I probably shouldn't waste the power to do this, but if the gods have come to play games with us as well... Framing a rarely-used spell in her mind, Questing began to glow with an aura of power that only demigods normally could summon. There, cousin! Don't go taking us 'mere mortals' too much for granted! "Is the Lone Power causing trouble in the Other Spheres as well? He definitely is being cantankerous down here."

Comment

• Kite nodded grimly, noting the aura of power. This demigod could put her through a fair fight, she knew, and their powers would be roughly equal- in a fight, it wouldn't come down to sheer power, but smarts and brainpower. And whoever won would win only by a margin, and would be left sapped of strength.

"Why am I down here? To get away from the upper realms. Things unsettled up there are as bad as down here- only it is worse up there because we Elementials are not high in power there as we are here. Call it an escape, if you will. Here, we have better chances of coming out of this unscathed than up there." Kite formed a bitter smile. "Even Kira came down- reckless as she is."

(OOC- Sorry, BC- but you can use the elements too. Like I said, there are differences in elemental magic...)

Comment

• "There's a war? Back home?" Martina jerked around. "What's been happening up there?" This is what happens when you leave home and don't go back for several thousand years... foolishness! "And as for my age, cousin, I wouldn't place any hefty bets on it. I'm young for my family, I'll grant you, but we are... very long lived."

--Agent M
                                Still the Typo Queen

Comment

Working...
                                X