No announcement yet.

The War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't somebody explain? I don't have time to read everything. But I do have some main questions.
    What's a demigod?
    Who's Kite?
    What did Martina mean about 'back home'?

IF WE HAVE TO GIVE THIS BASTARDS OUR LIVES, WE GIVE THEM HELL BEFORE WE DO!!!
    Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• db--where did you see demigod?
      Kite is Aurie's character--she's new--she's a wind elemential with a lot of power--but she'd have more in her own world.
      Maybe Martina meant Mars, seeing as that's who/at we associate her with.

Ash moaned in anguish as she felt her throbbing head. Something was on her forhead. It was warm and wet. She reached up and wiped it off: blood. She looked at Letalis, who lay next to her, still unconcious. Letalis' face was pale and sweaty, but ice cold. Letalis was shivering in cold, so Ash pulled off the ragged blanket covering her and put it over her sister.
      Ash stood up her legs buckled beneath her. She sagged against the wall and gave another moan. "Ooohhhhh..." She hurt everywhere, and soon the cramps were upon her. She wondered if she had enough energy to provide herself with simple pleasures and cramp-removers. She plucked a hair from her head and concentrated hard on it. In an instant, she held a banana. She tore it open with ravish and scarfed it down. Within five minutes, she was staggering around the room she found herself in. The walls were black, and the floor was black tile. The ceiling provided the only light, from a large chandelier that took up the whole ceiling.
      Ash slipped on a puddle of water and felt herself falling. She made a short yipping sound, then landed uncomfortably on her black and blue arm. She groaned. "Gods help us."
      A click-clacking noise interrupted her. The silhouette of a tall woman appeared through the doorway. "May I help you, Asharran?"

brokencello
      the crinkled paper bag
      "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow
      --Alfredo, Cinema Paradiso
      brokencello
      the crinkled paper bag
      "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"

Comment

• And where are you? I'm asking to see if I can continue with my character from there. Can I go where you are?

Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

• Diego , who had seen the dark form take Letalis and Ash prisoner, mounted Sirius and followed. Of course, he couldn't get to close so he got out of eye distance and followed by scent. The black figure stopped by a ceiling of some kind and enter. It entered but it didn't enter by any visible door, it went through the black wall. Seeing this Diego let out a sigh and said with a tired voice:
          "This is gonna be harder than I thought..."
          From inside, at the same time that the tall woman appeared through the doorway while saying "May I help you Asharran?"
          A tonderous noise as if a nuclear war had started began spreading to everything so that you could feel it in your skin and you could feel the vibrations in your heart. That noise was made by Sirius who was spreading fire over all of the building and that fire being fueled by wizardry and by another power that to Diego himself was unknown. The power the he had inheritated from Xyler and Zenziva (Those were my parents, right? I figured that since my other half-sisters had special powers then I should too. ) Soon the walls will give away...

Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

• (OOC: ! PERFECT!)
            Ash turned toward the woman, pure terror striking in her heart. Frantic thoughts raced through her mind: I hope to gods someone followed--Who is this--LETALIS!!!!!!!!!
            Asharran looked at the woman. She could not see anything except black hair, gleaming eyes, and flowing black gown. She tried to stand up and sagged against the wall. She clawed her way back to a standing position, then said much more bravely than she felt, "WHO? Well, Yes. First, I would like a towel for my face. Then a bottle of rum to wake up my best friend. Then I want some sort of meal because I am starving. Am I in Goth Hall?"
            The woman leered closer. Her eyes flashed dangerously. "Asharran, you darling. Here's a month-old rag for your face, a piece of bread, and--" The woman pulled out a wineskin and doused Ash in rum. "There."
            Ash looked up and began to cry. "Oh, Hannah will be so mad. I've been kidnapped! I need to get home! I want mommy! Al for this Asharrad girl! I'm just Beteus Eroom! I want mommy!"
            The woman straightened in horror. "XOR!!!!!!!" she screamed. A tall black creature appeared in the hallway. "I TOLD YOU TO FIND ASHARRAN AND LETALIS, CHILDREN OF AVIZNEZ NIIF! ALSO KNOWN AS ZENZIVA FIIN!!!!!!!! YOU BROUGHT ME THE WRONG GIRLS!!!!!!"
            Beneath her false tears, a smile spread across Ash's face.

brokencello
            the crinkled paper bag
            "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow
            brokencello
            the crinkled paper bag
            "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"

Comment

• ((I give up, my char is lost in the plot))

Comment

• Diego and Sirius stopped. He signaled Sirius to go closer to the wall and he kicked it. 3 feet of it gave away. The front wall was more than 70 feet high. Sirius thought what Diego thought and raised his paw and kicked at the wall. All of it gave away with numerous bangs and crash. Everybody must've heard that- Diego thought- they'll soon come here...

Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

• Kite suddenly snapped her head to one side... she'd heard a loud crash. She listened intently.

Kitsune Rei ~kisses taste nice~

Comment

• Martina followed the elemental's movement.
                    "You hear something?"

<OOC: yes, rubbish post. Sorry. Anyway, db, I can answer some...
                    -A demigod is a part-god- Hercules (Herakles) was one, the child of Zeus and some mortal woman whose name I forget. Some demigods tend to take on aspects of their parents, I think, and others do not, but they are almost always special/unusual/gifted in some way. Martina is a relative of Mars, the god of War. (Roman mythology) However, I think it's a little more complicated, as I suspect she is a minor goddess in her own right: possibly she's, er, working for Mars, although the simile is not all that apt.
                    -Martina lives in the Realms of the Gods. If I remember my correct mythology, which I may not, some demigods do this and others do not- I think it depends on their deaths and their lives and also, to some extent, personal choice- I think Hercules became a god and lived on Olympus only after his death, but I may well be wrong. Although she lives there, though, she's not especially attached: she's too snarky to get on well and to appreciate the hierachy (I'm thinking quite a Grecian structure, but whatever you pick there will be many gods ranking higher than she does, from a Zeus-figure to, oh, Mercury. Possibly Mercury is about on a par.) Anyway, I'm going into a lot of pointless detail only to say that when Martina says "home," she's referring to the Realms of the Gods.>

"We are philosophical geniuses [sic] who will one day rule the world!"
                    --Agent M
                    Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
                    Still the Typo Queen
                    Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• OOC: Thank you all for bringing the action back around to the rest of the group! BTW, Questing isn't really a demigod(dess). She is just a high ranking avatar of her goddess, in her world probably on a level with Carl and Tom. At her level, she normally glows somewhat, unless she consciously damps it, which she usually will. It attracts too much attention.

"I heard something, but wasn't sure what it was, then there was a rumble like an earthquake. Could anyone tell what happened and if it's something we need to investigate?" said Questing.

"Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
                      "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash
                      "Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
                      "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

• The woman advanced on Ash, her eyes flashing. She made a disgusting snorting noise. "Grnug!" Ash began to weep harder. "Mummy! Mummy! Fedea, wake up! MUMMY!" The woman placed her hand on the iron bars inset in the black wall. She heaved, and with a grip of steel, tore the bars from the wall. "GRAR!" she roared. She plucked the unconcious Letalis off the floor and tossed the limp body out the window. She heaved Ash through in the same fashion. "Say goodbye, Beteus!" And then Ash was falling.

brokencello
                        the crinkled paper bag
                        brokencello
                        the crinkled paper bag

Comment

• Kite shifted her grey eyes back on Martina.

"Yes, some big crash- sounded like a landslide or some such." She said. "But as there are no mountains or plate boundaries where we stand, we would have to assume it is something manmade that has collapsed."

Kitsune Rei ~kisses taste nice~

Comment

• Clouds, grit, and fog drifted past Ash's face. She was lost in the white. Everything was cold--too cold. She felt her cotton tunic flapping and her roped-on pants shaking. But the clothing did no good against the cold, and the wind bit through to her skin. And she was falling.

brokencello
                            the crinkled paper bag
                            brokencello
                            the crinkled paper bag

Comment

• OOC: I'm lost.... foxtail and i have to get some writing done....sorry its taking so long we have busy lives too you know! WE are TRYING---that couts right??? I'm confused 'bout the person who made ash fall.(that wasnt red was it?) uh.... dont worry when were done arguing we will post!!!

~*Lakie*~
                              Yesterday was history, Tommorow is a mystory, Today is a gift!
                              ~*Lakie*~
                              Yesterday was history, Tommorow is a mystory, Today is a gift!

Comment

• "And the only major examples of that we have is the castle- our former castle and tactical advantage which, in a moment of pure insanity, we gave away. Can anyone remember why we did that, again?" Martina sighed.

"Judging by the noise, though, it's something major. Shall we head on in and take a look around- quietly?"

<OOC: Aaand... time for a roll call. Let me see if I've got this straight. With martina are Kite and Questing. LAND is variously falling through the air from the castle. Red and Xyler are in the castle. Yes?>

"We are philosophical geniuses [sic] who will one day rule the world!"
                                --Agent M
                                Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
                                Still the Typo Queen
                                Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Working...
                                X