No announcement yet.

Romance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are explanations for these claims. Have fun reading Phil Plait's Bad Astronomy webpage, which debunks the claims you mention. Although the programme he's talking about is a different one, it seems to have the same claims.

(There are other webpages that also debunk it, but that was the first one I read.)
    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• Okay Dairine and Kit?!? ewww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      way to weird for words! DD wouldn't do that to us but even though I totally ship the Nita/Kit thing I think she is going to torture us by putting Nita and Ronan back together. It's like a tv show, there would be no show if it all worked out.
      sehlinger
      -AND I AM GOING TO EAT....IT... ALLLLLLLLLLLLL

Comment

• *ignores link, due to time constraints, but says: couldn't the flag be flapping due to the lack of gravity making it rise and fall as it tires to pull away from its restraints?* and we probabably WILL see nita and someone bsides kit, or kit and someone besides nita, for a while...
        I mean, like samehl said, if they end up together, no show. more then one series has ended because the characters have gotten together, and there's nothing to keep it going....stories need conflict!
        I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
        For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• I don't care about what anyone says about a moon landing. I'm much more fasinated by our oceans. We know more about mars than we know about the liquid that cover's 65% (not positive that that is the exact percentage) of our Earth and its contents.
          I can create a world, out of letters and words. I can make you believe something in a paragraph. I can make you love someone in a page. I can make you go places that don't exist in a book. That's all the magic I need. [url]http://melpomene.freeforums

Comment

• Yeah, I think ocean explanation would be cool!

and to reply to post by Peter Murray, I read the book and visited the website for Bad Astronomy. I'm sorry, I still could not stand it if Nita+Kit does not happen soon! (or at least in one of the books to come, maybe the next one after a wizard of mars)
            Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• I don't care about what anyone says about a moon landing. I'm much more fasinated by our oceans. We know more about mars than we know about the liquid that cover's 65% (not positive that that is the exact percentage) of our Earth and its contents
              worse, we probably don't even know as much about the LAND on our planet...kinda sad really, but ther'es just so much LIFE on earth, you can't learn everything...
              For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• Yeah, it is sad. What's even more sad, is that the universe may end before people ever learn even a third about this universe.
                Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Is it ok if I point something out?

There have been THOUSANDS of civilizations in earth history. They all have something in common: they all end. Our cicilization (the western one) includes North America, parts of Australia, and all of Europe. It has been around for around a thousand years. there are a lot of civilizations that have ended at around a thousand years of age.

Why am I saying this?

Simply because I feel it is a duty to point out this: THE "WORLD" AS YOU KNOW IT MAY CHANGE VERY QUICKLY, FASTER THAN ANY OTHER CIVILIZATOIN EVER HAS HAD THE ABILITY TO.

How? Why us? What have we done?

remember....

No, not the Maine.

Not the Alamo.

Not Katrina.

Remember Hiroshima.

On a lighter note, Kit and Nita are definately together.
                  I can create a world, out of letters and words. I can make you believe something in a paragraph. I can make you love someone in a page. I can make you go places that don't exist in a book. That's all the magic I need. [url]http://melpomene.freeforums

Comment

• Words of power! You should write a big speech about it or something! *tries to think of something else to say without repeating that Nita and Kit have to get together*

I thought of a little poem:

It's raining, it's pouring,
                    there are wizards on the moon exploring,
                    Nita and Kit, went to mars,
                    to fight the Lone Power's avatars.
                    Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• thank you. *giggles at poem* wow. we filled seven pages of repeating posts. *tries to find something to talk about.* oh! I got something! what do you think about global warming/ *ducks to avoid the bullets that start firing at everyone else.*

NITA+KIT- Get that into your heads!

Comment

• I will say what the scientists are saying about it and add my own therories:

Global warming cannot be prevented even with the elimination of greenhouse gases, it is a cycle the earth goes through. It can be reduced a little if the gases are eliminated, though. Global warming will just eventually stop. What might be adding to global warming is the magnetic field of the earth lowering in strength. It is weakening because it is going to flip, and soon, all compasses will be pointing south. The magnetic field flips every 200,000 years or so, making it also a regular cycle that the earth goes through. The reduced magnetic field is letting more of the sun's flares and heat into the earth, and it is helping heat up the earth. When the magnetic field returns to its normal strength, the earth should cool down considerably. So basically, all we can do is sit back and wait for the poles to finish flipping, and the earth should be fine. Oh, and scientists think that the reason mars is now a red desert is because its magnetic field disappeared. The earth will someday have the fate of mars, because the magnetic field will fade away. it will be like roshaun's planet, burned to a crisp, but in our case, no wizard will be able to save it.

To quote what a friend said after I explained all of this to her,"that's encouraging." Isn't it fun to know that the world is dying, and to know how it will die in about 200,000,000 years?
                        Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• true, but....

people aren't taking very good care of their (our) planet. Ni matter if it's natural or not, Hummers are simply unnecessary.

Comment

• i think the one problem with this topic, is that there's so little romances everyone want to focus on....there's basically only three big pairs, and there's only so much you can say about them, and a whole lot of people who want to say it!

Comment

• I agree with you Rubywolf, and you young reader, but what can we do about the romance thing? we dont write the books!
                              (we can do LOTS about the planet though)
                              Well, who wants to voulenteer their ideas for saving the planet first? A friend of mine says that if someone invented a smaller version of those air freshener things (like the ionic breeze or something) and make it so it can be battery powered, and clip them onto the exaust pipes of cars, fresh air would be made out of dirty air. It would bee cool if people could also put larger air fresheners on factories, that way, the planet would be a lot cleaner.
                              Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• KK- i was just looking at your signature. If there are no accidents in the books, then it may have been foreshadowing that Dairine thought that Kit looked handsome in the light. *screams* any other small comments that may be preparing the reader for a shift in the plot?

my suggestions for making the world better:
                                1=Plant more trees
                                2=buy small cars
                                3=recycle
                                4=accept global warming (don't deny it,I'm not saying that it's ok)
                                5=become vegetarians (or better yet, vegans). if you dn't get that one think about all of the farmland that is used to feed slaughtering anmals- it's bad for the enviroment and for the poor, poor, animals. if you still don't get it, go to peta.org . All that farmland could be used to stop world hunger
                                6=don't waste
                                7=support public transportation

(ok, ok, i'll knock it off.)

Comment

Working...
                                X