No announcement yet.

Romance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kk: That is really interesting, i should check out my family tree i have some Irish in me as well.

Wolfy: I know the Knight in shining Armor is lame, and So Happy Ending, which in some ways DD does not seem to do. I mean Nita and Kit have their "happy endings" with every assignment that they pass, but along the way people/things/objects die. So i don't see the "Happy Ending" being that big with DD.

I think we can all agree KIT & NITA always and forever friendship and partnership. Even after the kiss with Ronon, Nita spent basically the rest of her time with Kit. She was probably scared out of her mind about seeing "PEACH" but in W@W she doesn't seem to want alone time with him as far as i can remember.

I would say Ronon wouldn't be a threat to Kit anymore, but since PEACH left his body in W@W there could be a possible third kiss? Maybe? If kit decides to do his own thing in this next book. hmmmm... I Don't Know... just talking for nothing now... haha thats it for now Period
    I'm just sayin'!

Comment

• KK - You might not agree, but I think that that is amazing! I am half Irish, but I don't think I am related.

I don't really like the Knight in Shining Armor thing- I'm not exactly that type of person - and I don't think Nita or Kit would like it, except for the way KK said.

I think that Nita will not be with Ronan, because it seems like she is just too close to Kit for that. I do not dislike Ronan - I like him, but not as more than a friend to Nita.

I go back and forth on the Nita, Kit friends more than friends thing - even though they are now much more than normal friends - I think it could go either way.

I think Ronan still cares about Nita - at least in some way or another. This means something, right? 'The breath went out of Nit. "Ronan!" He didn't move, except to look just slightly sideways at Nita...' (Page 472) Not exactly, but Nita obviously scared and he did look at in in pretty much what could have been the seconds of his life... Then Nita works on the stasis with Kit and goes nearly balistic when he doesn't stop walking away at first.

Then (backtrack) when Ronan gets to Kit's house, he (Kit) braces himself - and Nita goes to see hime.

For all of that, however, if Nita goes out with anyone, it needs to be Kit. We already know the hints about how they care about each other.

If they get together, it will be caused by something, like Kit getting a girlfriend or starting to (or same thing for Nita).

Kit invited Ronan because he needed the help probably, not to be friends with him for Nita. They don't exactly kie each other, but they don't hate each other either. They are both wizards, which helps.

I will check for typos - sorry for what I miss.
      "And on he went, out of sight in unhurried grace; the true dark angel, the unfallen Destroyer, the Pale slayer who never really dies -- seeking for pain to end." Deep Wizardry, page 355 Listen, and I'll tell you a story... of the wind in the trees, and the sun, the moon and the stars... of all of Earth dancing

Comment

• smile: Where you referencing W@W?

alrighty, since it seems that most people believe that Kit and Nita will end up together one way or another... How do you think it will happen. Which one do you think will make the bold move first?

I do not believe that there will be much talking. Its going to be more spontaneous and its just going to happen and when everyone reads it, a huge smile will go across everyones face. I know i will be.
        I'm just sayin'!

Comment

• I don't know what exactly would lead to them getting together...I mean, as someone *can't remember who* already stated somewhere *can't remember where*, Nita and Kit just seem too mature to simply agree to be a couple, or whatever.

And I have never really been able to picture them going out. It just doesn't seem like something they would actually do. In the books it's basically implied that they hang out almost constantly, and I think that even if they become a couple, it would stay that way.
          Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Nita and Kit just seem too mature to simply agree to be a couple, or whatever.
            What do you mean by that? Like not sending each other note in school saying, " Do you like me? Circle yes or no." haha yes they wouldn't do that i agree.

I know what you mean about not being able to picture them going out. and i think things would stay the same for the most part. like going to the moon wont be just to talk anymore. Maybe.

Anyway, if DD does decide to show this it wont be until her last book i think, because she wants people to remember their friendship more then their "romance". Kind of like JK Rowling did with Ron and Hermione from harry potter. everyone knew and wanted them to be together. it was not made known known until the last book. Just a thought tho.
            I'm just sayin'!

Comment

• I disagree. I don't think it would have to be in the last book. I think it could add a lot on to the plot, because we already know that partnered wizards are stronger together, maybe those that become couples are even stronger? They would have a better advantage over the LP, meaning they could go on more dangerous missions (as if the ones they've been doing haven't been dangerous enough), and can do much more good for the universe.

I think I'd actually a bit disappointed if they got together in the last book, mainly because I've been waiting for them to do it since the second book, and it would be sort of sad for it to happen, and then us not hear anything more about it.
              Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• I see your point. We know as for Nita her emotions basically fuel her powers. And we might see some of that with kit in AWOM.

The way the books are going, and if i read right, DD was planning at least 3 more books after W@W. Which at most Kit and Nita would be 15 and 16. I think no matter what we are still going to be left hanging about their relationship, because they are so young.

But anything can happen.
                I'm just sayin'!

Comment

• I don't think 15 or 16 would make them too young for DD to show their relationship. They've gone through a lot, and I think they act much older than they actually are, and it seems to me that they feel older also, because they've had so much responsibility thrown on them through wizardry.
                  Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• I think they act their age. It's other people in our world who don't act their age. Kit and Nita seem to be overly mature in contrast to immature people.
                    I can create a world, out of letters and words. I can make you believe something in a paragraph. I can make you love someone in a page. I can make you go places that don't exist in a book. That's all the magic I need. [url]http://melpomene.freeforums

Comment

• Im hoping that at least in AWoM something comes up with nita and kit so that gives at least two more books of different intensity.

The feeling to save a friend you care deeply about is great, but the feeling of saving someone you possibly love will add something knew to them i believe.

Yes i do think, whether they know it of not, Kit and Nita love each other. True love.
                      I'm just sayin'!

Comment

• *applauds* FINALLY, someone used understandable logic! (OK, so it's not exactly logic, but it's good reasoning, in my opinion.) I just wanted to say that I agree with them being in love, NOT just crushing on each other.

The feeling to save a friend you care deeply about is great, but the feeling of saving someone you possibly love will add something knew to them i believe.
                        ...Or else the act of saving each other will make them realize how much they wouldn't have been able to live if the other one died. And it could make whoever was saved realize that they basically owe their lives to the other one.
                        Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Nita and Kit have saved each other before, though. In fact, they save each other in just about every YW book, sometimes multiple times. I think they even said once in DW that they would agree to stop keeping count of who's saved who because of the number of times it's happened. Unless some other part of their feelings have matured, just the act of saving might not be enough to trigger sudden love. BUT, several times those rescues have been based off of feelings that could certainly be budding love. Deep Wizardry is a great example, DD practically says that the reason Nita ultimately chooses to make the sacrifice is because she couldn't stand to see Kit die.
                          Books may well be the only true magic---Alice Hoffman

Comment

• Yeah, I remember that part. *happy sigh* That's one of the reasons DW was my favorite book until I read W@W. (Now I like all of the books about the same.)

And then wasn't there something in DW or HW where Kit was saying something about Nita holding up that rock that was about to land on the other whale (and him, of course), and Nita said she had done mostly (or all) for him?
                            Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Yes i believe you are right, she used all the power should could and held it long then needed because she thought kit was still down there.

In AWD, Nita had to choose between her mom and kit, and the fact that THAT was an issue proves her feelings i believe. She didn't want him to come because of fear not only would she loose her mother but she would loose Kit as well.

Any examples for kit? i can't thing of any right now. I mean i know he went after her and saved her but im trying to think of something he left her out of to save her. Did he do anything like that?
                              I'm just sayin'!

Comment

• I thought there was something like that in AWAl, when Kit was trying to save Darryl, and becoming autistic. He kept trying to keep Nita out of it, and I always felt that that was because he didn't want her getting hurt. Even though she ended up saving him in the end. That's like AWD, in a way. Pushing someone away, just to have them save your life.
                                Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Working...
                                X