No announcement yet.

Romance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't actually own any of the books...*Looks suitably embarressed for a Young Wizards Forum member without books* which isn't all that embarresed really, but play along!

Good to know...

And i think there's a chance the LP is telling the truth, but i could also just be being evil. Perhaps it's a self fullfilling prophecy-she thinks she's doomed to betray Kit, so she ends up doing so.
    I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
    For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• Well i have all of the books so, looking up stuff takes time but i get it sooner or later. haha

I might have to agree with kk. I think the LP knows whats going to happen when Nita and Kit finally get together, and I think he is going to try everything he can to get between the two. Which i am hoping we see in W@W!

Since Nita and Kit seem to be doing their own thing, possibly this is a good time for the LP to start putting ideas in their head... maybe?
      I'm just sayin'!

Comment

• Ideas seem to already be in place...
        I think trying to put anything else might backfire-not only tip the LP's hand, but make them accept that they are falling in love. Telling them about how their being together will never work will make them realize how much they DO, in fact, wish to be together...Kinda counterprodcuctive.
        For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• ...Sort of an accidental reverse psychology, I guess, if that were to happen.

One thing that I've been thinking of is how Nita and Kit keep talking about Dari and Ro in W@W. They keep mentioning how they never seem to stop fighting. I think that Nita and Kit are realizing that Dari and Ro are meant for each other, which somehow makes them think about their own relationship. Something just makes me think that once Ro returns, he and Dair will get together before Nita and Kit do.
          Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• I am acually just starting W@W again, and Kit and nita do talk about it in the first chapter...

"Somethings going on with Dairine and Roshaun?" Kit said after a moment.
            Nita shook her head. "At first I thought it might just be a crush," she said. "But now I'm starting to wonder..."
            Maybe to get Roshaun back Kit and Nita might have to help and then just being in the situation, with Dairine's emotions and all something could get a little tense between Kit and Nita.

I'm wondering if, in AWOM Dairine does get roshaun back, then maybe it will intensify the feelings between kit and nita but nothing will happen until the next book. I hope not, I want something to happen this book, but i don't see DD putting both sister's in that status at the same time let alone the same book.
            I'm just sayin'!

Comment

• You might be right...Keep in mind, having the characters together may or may not end the series.
              I mean, this is something that has managed to thread its way through every book. Usually, something like taht doens't end until the actual end is in place.
              Of course, she might actually let us see them all as a couples as well, which would be nice after we've spent so long wondering about what will happen.

Comment

• I'm very, very ambivalent about shipping...of course, in my ideal world, it'd be Ronan/me but we can't have everything, now can we? Anyway, I think that Kit/Nita could be very good, but I also see them as more brother/sister than anything else. I realllly hope Roshaun's alive, though, because I'm pulling for Dairine. Lastly, I may be a bit biased, as A Wizard Abroad is my favorite book out of the series, but I'd love to see Ronan and Nita get together now that Ronan is no longer an avatar.

Comment

• Do you have a crush on Ronan?

Of course, she might actually let us see them all as a couples as well, which would be nice after we've spent so long wondering about what will happen.
                  I hope that happens. It'd be better to hear what happens to them afterwards, not just have them get together, and suddenly hear no more of it.
                  Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• I don't see Kit and Nita as brother/sister, just for the fact that Kit does have a sister and we see how he treats her. Now there may be teasing Nita here and there when it comes to kit, but in W@W when kit brought up the kiss between her and Ronon, if he saw her as a sister he would have just teased her about it, and a lot sooner then he brought it up now.
                    My favorite page that, I think, shows how Kit feels
                    262 in W@W...

But this is as far as I've ever gotten along this line with her, Kit thought, miserable, and if I give up now, I may never have the guts to bring it up again! Or the time-"
                    I read that to mean, that emotional/personal/relationship stuff him and Nita do not talk about, and he is not happy that 1. he heard something he wasn't supposed and 2. something happened he wish didn't happen. (Ronon and Nita)

AND if nita saw kit as a brother, im sure she would not have gotten so defensive that the kiss happened...
                    p. 263
                    He opened his mouth. "Look, never mind, I can guess," Nita muttered, and turned away. "Anyway, you know it's true. And it just happened. It was just-He was- I don't know. So vulnerable right then. You see how he is usually! Ronon being vulnerable- it's kind of an attention-getter." She really did sound embarrassed.
                    I don't think that explanation of why it happened would have been needed if it was just a brother/sister talk. Not so tense either.

I like quoting from W@W so if it gets annoying im sorry... possibly my favorite book.
                    I'm just sayin'!

Comment

• [QUOTE]Originally posted by kk:
                      Do you have a crush on Ronan? QUOTE]

If he was real, I would...

Anyway, I disagree with Neets wanna B. When I said that I thought Kit and Nita were more brother/sister than anything, I meant really good friends. An example that comes to mind for me is Hermione and Harry in the Harry Potter series. They're always there for each other, no matter what.

And about p. 264, I think that Nita might not want to admit to herself that she likes Ronan because of what happened in book 4. Also, I see her as the sort of person who would be very wary of declaring her feelings for someone (Ronan) if she wasn't sure that someone liked her back.

I don't know what to make of Kit, though. I think sometimes he seems like he likes Nita for more than a friend, but I'm not so sure. Whether he sees her as a friend or something more, I think that ultimately he'd follow her to the ends of the universe.

Comment

• eowyngirl: I see what you mean about Kit, it isn't always clear what he thinks or how he is feeling when it comes to Nita.

After Nita's mom died, i think kit realized how much nita did mean to him. I remember a part where, he missed her a lot, he was so used to her knowing what to do next and getting ideas. something like that.

Kit and Nita are already great friends. I do believe it was in High Wizardry that it was made known that kit considered nita his best friend.

I think that even if you are best friends with the opposite sex, if there is any attraction at all that would make you consider more... then its only a matter of time before there will be.

Like nita said, Ronon was just a crush, she never indicated he was anything more.

But hey im for Nita and Kit so of course im going to root for them. teehee
                        I'm just sayin'!

Comment

• YR: I don't actually own any of the books either... I always just get them from the library...

I think that the LP will definetly try to get in the way of a Nita/ Kit relationship. I mean, they are already powerful as parteners non-romantically, so, wouldn't it make sense that they would have even more power if they were together more then just being parteners and friends?

eowyngirl: I think I know what you mean... overall I just want Nita and Kit to remain parteners always... that's why I really want Nita and Kit to stay together... that's the only way I can really see it.

Dai Stihos

Wolfy
                          Believe something... and somewhere, it's happened

Comment

• Actually, romantic relationship would HELP the LP. Give it something to play on, allow it to cause them more pain.
                            It'll still try and stop them, however, because it denies Kit and Nita happiness, and this IS the LP we're talking about. Denying happiness is what it does.

Comment

• The LP, however, is getting less evil. I think that in the form he was earlier in the books--seemingly pure evil without a chance of changing--he would want to mess it up, and be as evil as he could be, sort of because he was feeling sorry for himself. But now, with him slowly losing his evil, who knows what the LP could do?
                              Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Ok, so in W@W when Ronan brings up the fact that Nita is the one that noticed the one's champion in him, p. 391...

His voice was unusually subdued. "I didn't even know he was in there until Nita recognized him." Dairine was interested to notice that when Ronan had started speacking he was looking at Kit, but suddenly he wasn't looking at him anymore.
                                So obviously he thinks that Kit has a thing for Nita. Why else would he act like that?

AND

When Nita went to talk to Ronan alone in the Cave when they got done fighting the Yaldiv, p.427

"Who?" she was conscious of Kit's gaze in their direction-not hostile, not even trying to look like he was particularly interested. But she knew better. "Not him," Ronan said, annoyed.
                                p.429
                                Nita looked sidewise to where Carmela, having finished up with another session of fussing over Ponch, was heading toward them. "She's all yours," Nita said, and turned away.
                                Now if Nita was still interested in Ronan why would she be looking and thinking about kit and how he was thinking while talking to Ronan first of all, and second why would she "push" Carmela on him. And with Ronan getting annoyed when Nita brought up Kit, more or less, it just seems like everyone else is just waiting for Kit and Nita to get together. Kind of like Nita's parents, Her mom and dad's friends knew they were a couple before they did. Although since Ronan is back in AWOM, I don't think he is going to give up that easily.

AND

Nita tell Carmela that she isn't "stuck" on her brother... p. 442

Yeah, Okay," Carmela muttered. But she shot Nita a sly look. "See that? Hung up on my little brother as you unfortunately are, I got you to admit it. He is utterly hot." "I am not-" Nita exhaled in exasperation. "Forget it. As for Ronan- yeah, he has his moments."
                                The "I am not-" could mean anything... I am not going to admit that to you, or I am not denying that i secretly love him. She never denied it or even said she wasn't hung up on him.

<span class="ev_code_PINK">Finally</span>

When Kit asked Nita for a hug more or less... p 543
                                You've been hugging everybody else in the place," he said after a moment. Nita turned around and gave Kit a hug calculated to be twice as emphatic as any she'd given anybody else."
                                Now if that was not a moment between the two. and as for them punching each other in the shoulder, i think is a sign of affection, and i come to find that when it seems like feelings would start to get tense between those to the punch each other to break it. Anyone else get that?

Sorry internet was out for a couple of days and i had all this left over. As for the LP, i agree he is loosing his evil ways, but it's going to take a long time for it to be noticeable, although he has already lost his edge that he had in the beginning. I think their love will over power anything, and you are probably tired of quotes so i wont look it up but, when Nita was with Sker'ret at the crossing, Nita was about to give up everything to take out the guys shooting them. The one thought she had before she was about to do it was Kit. That has to be love.

Ok so if my internet acts up again, hopefully this will last everyone a couple of days.. teehee.
                                I'm just sayin'!

Comment

Working...
                                X