Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dai Stihó, cousin! - Introduce yourself here!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am the fool, and despite being a newby, i have read the books multiple times over....each. I love diane duane's books becuase she incorporates fictitious elements as well as real-life personalities, or believable characters that i can relate to. (ie Nita)

La Folle
    The Master of run-on sentences

Comment

Originally posted by Great S.Scott:
      And there's also this book series by this lady called Diane Duane. She writes these box about these kids who're wizards...but maybe you already knew that.

Dai, cousin
      Great Scott.
      Plus Stealing the Elf-King's Roses, several Star Trek novels, and the Tale of the Five, which is three of four books, the first two of which are available in an omnibus called The Sword and the Dragon. Although if the idea of same-sex relationships bothers you, maybe not that last series.
      Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Originally posted by Shandurai:
        Dai again guys, how's everyone? Speaking of other 'non rip off' books, does anybody know another wizardly series that I can read until all the new sequels come out?
        Diana Wynne Jones, Terry Pratchett. Oh, and I've heard good things about Jim Butcher's Dresden Files series, which is sort of Harry Potter for grown ups. But not really.

Or any good poem books that don't talk about buttercups? Not that I'm against buttercups, but I want deeper stuff! I'm in desperate need of reading material for my Litterature class!
        Well, if you're feeling old fashioned, I like Yeats ("When You are Old", and (weirdly) Matthew Arnold (mostly because a lot of his poems are like fantasy short stories for me, y'know like "The Forsaken Merman" and stuff). And for "new" fashioned (snort), there's e.e. cummings. I'm not sure how buttercup free they are, though. But if the buttercups are a problem, I'd say you definitely want to stay away from Wordsworth. If you don't mind reading dirty books , then you might wanna try Byron's "Don Juan". It's very giggle-inducing.
        New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Wow, we really have been getting many new newbies. I didnt think it was this many. Even some of them arent on this page, but yeah. Hi everyone, you all know me. Nice to meet new people. Dont worry, i was a newbie once and I probably still am. hehe. Kathy, the Butcher books are so so. I read them a year or two ago. They arent as good as some books. Though everyone has different opinons.

T O R i
          Love and be loved

Comment

Hello everyone...call me Kit. I've only read the first book but OMG! Totally loved it. It's like...wow. I have to reread it now...I ordered all the other ones but I have to wait for them to get here...Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh

I love reading, and I write fanfiction Harry Potter mainly but I love comic books and I'm gonna start writing that too, I love cartoons and fantasy fiction and scifi and anime...and by now I'm sure I'm boring you all so...yeah...LOL

Comment

Hey, Kit. Welcome to the boards and the books. Have you got some good reading ahead of you! Just be warned, that the book forum areas may contain spoilers for you, so you may want to stay out of them until you've read each book.
              New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Thank you so much you guys! I now have this big list that I'm going to go out and get. To all the other people who need help with books, some of my favorites are Magic or Madness(a trilogy), Inkheart (and it's sequel Inkspell), and [I]The Da Vinci Code[I]. I know it's not very magical, but it was an eye opener for sure! Once again, thanks guys, and Dai Kit!

-Dai, Shandurai
                ~What are we, but alive Just To BE~

Comment

Yay i have finally read book 8!
                  http://www.boomspeed.com/egraphics/75as4.gif

Comment

Originally posted by kli6:
                    ... Oh, and I've heard good things about Jim Butcher's Dresden Files series, which is sort of Harry Potter for grown ups. But not really.
                    Ok, I read the first two of the series this weekend, and I can firmly state, this is not a YA series. It's CSI/Stephen King level of gore and violence. If that doesn't bug you (and I'm fine with it), then you'll do ok, otherwise, put it aside for a while, or maybe just watch the Sci-Fi backdoor pilot when it airs.

It probably belongs more in the "Mystery" section of the bookstore, as the basis of the story is gumshoe detective, with some dark fantasy thrown in on top, and a bunch of wizardry. What I find interesting is how he's structured his magic system to work in a way similar to DD's (only fuzzier and non-specific language-wise), as a life-force meant to protect and guard, and that using it to kill is a perversion. I'm having fun with it.

Comment

I am also new and my name is wwwwiizzardryyyyyyyyy ,but you can call me www.And by the way how do you get points?

Comment

Hey, www: Welcome to the forums! You get karma points just by posting and making topics - but don't spam! You can get karma points taken away for that, and even get suspended/banned from chat/the forums.

Comment

Hi everyone!I'm christmas, that's what my friends call me, that's what my mom calls me, and you can call me that too!!! I love the YW series (don't we all!) as well as lots of other books too. And I am always hyper, so if I say something weird, please forgive me!!!
                          Worlds biggest fangirl...future star of broadway...dictionary for the forum...in love with way to may fictional characters...You can call me Nate, everyone else does...I wonder if, when I finish my book, I'll have an awesome website with cool forums

Comment

Dai Christmas! What a pretty name... and don't feel wierd about saying anything wierd 'round here, you're pretty safe Hope you find something good!

-Dai, Shandurai
                            ~What are we, but alive Just To BE~

Comment

Well I am Slash,
                              If you meet me on the chat ... I *burp* *faint* and eat! ... just kidding!
                              Well I read the Manga book Fruits Basket ... I was reading Toko Mew Mew but today I am not...
                              I am sort of hyper to my point of vew ... but too others I am too hyper ... just ask Mousey!
                              My BFF on this website is Olivia!
                              and my BF are yr, MM, and a lot more people that I just don't feel like jib-jabbing about!

I do type wrong ... alot or you may say misspelled! If I even spelled that wight!
                              LOL And I like spongebob!

Comment

Dai cousin
                                wait before you enter we need to do a wierdness check .......................Okay your wierd enough come on in join the fun.

You can call me mike or mm witchever suits you best.
                                (\__/) "Be amazing"
                                (+'.'+)
                                (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                                X