Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dai Stihó, cousin! - Introduce yourself here!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Gwendi! Take your pick of food. Watermelon perhaps?

Sean, I have not been here nearly as long as you. I am still a newby. I Have not been here lately, bbut I do love coming here. I have been so busy lately, too exhausted to come on. But I will continue to come as often as possible, hopefully more often than lately, and I hope you come back too. I really liked that thread you just showed. And I like it that the oldbies are here. I hope you come back, and you don't have to move on with your generation. But I understand, as much as I can - here's to Timeheart, if you do not return.
    "And on he went, out of sight in unhurried grace; the true dark angel, the unfallen Destroyer, the Pale slayer who never really dies -- seeking for pain to end." Deep Wizardry, page 355 Listen, and I'll tell you a story... of the wind in the trees, and the sun, the moon and the stars... of all of Earth dancing

Comment

• Though i for one hope Sean doesn't go up there quite so soon. We can still see him in his IRC chat, after all... Perhaps hwe should create a topic to say our goodbyes to him, and direct it to him in his chat, rather then psot in the dintroduce yourself topic?
      I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
      For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• Welcome Dylan, Eve, Vampire, Gwendi

Profers steak and chocolate... have some bones you can knaw on to if you like

I see you already have your straight jackets so I don't know what else you need...
        but, just to let you know, most of us don't bite.
        I don't normally bite....

*steals some of eric's rasberry juice* rasberry juice is good....

Small: haven't seen you in forever... *looks into small corner and sees*... Hi!

Sean: Come on, please don't be one of those old people who moves on...
        we'll really miss you.
        And I kind of agree... I hate it that some of the old people just leave and move on... but they have their own lives... just would be nice to see some of them around here again.

Eric: did you just say chat is coming back up?
        *howls* YAY! sorry.

yw: I'd like to do that... I have no idea what the IRC chat is....

And I'm sorry for not coming on... homework impends, and makes internet life a little harder...

Edit: when I say old people, I mean people who have been on here a while...
        not anything offensive

Dai stihos

Wolfy
        Believe something... and somewhere, it's happened

Comment

• wolf_wizard, I sometimes open the chatroom when I have time to keep an eye on it, but that's rare these days. Sorry.

The irc chat is on afternet.org: you can go to irc://irc.afternet.org/youngwizards, or use the web interface. (The thread where this was first announced is over here.)
          "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

• Wolf: We're not old people! I'm still only seventeen so :P
            I've basically done my self-introductions at htis point, so i'll leave before i divert the topic any more.
            For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• Originally posted by smile:
              Hi Gwendi! Take your pick of food. Watermelon perhaps?
              Yes, i do happen to like watermelon. For everyone that has given me a straightjacket, thank you so much. I might not be able to come on that often, my computer loses internet often. It's frustrating. I hope I can get on again soon.

Comment

• Well, i look forward to seeing you around the forum, Gwendi....(You should probably start a collection of those things...they come in handy when we form mental hospitals later in life, so that we may mingle amongst our native peo-i mean patients, of course...We, of course, are COMPLETELY sane.

Comment

• Hi! I'm Bassoony and I am currently more than half way through Wizards at war. I joined yesterday. wizardsrreal, how did you get your pic animated? I was wondering. Also, I LOVE THE YOUNG WIZARDS SERIES! WooHoo!
                  Here's a llama, there's a llama, and another little llama, fuzzy llama, funny llama, llama llama duck!

Comment

• Welcome Bassoony!
                    *profers chocolate and steak*
                    and, of course i must give you your straight jacket... *pulls out straight jacket and hands over*

the animated picture is an avatar. You can find them by surfing the web... that's how I found mine... the corporate google.

I don't have the link with me at the moment... but perhaps someone with it could show it?
                    but there are rules on the avatars... etc. etc.

So, welcome to our little *cough*insane*cough* (oh, excuse me... sore throught...) Community.
                    hope you like it here, and I hope to be seeing you around the forums!

Dai all

~Wolfy

Comment

• Hi Bassoony! Take your pic of food : )

This is an insane forum. So you'd better have an extra straigth jacket - here you go. I love the series too! I cannot wait for the next book... I know some people have had longer waits, but this is driving me crazy.... Anyway, welcome to the form!

Dai
                      "And on he went, out of sight in unhurried grace; the true dark angel, the unfallen Destroyer, the Pale slayer who never really dies -- seeking for pain to end." Deep Wizardry, page 355 Listen, and I'll tell you a story... of the wind in the trees, and the sun, the moon and the stars... of all of Earth dancing

Comment

• Not to be outdone by Bassoony, Sarek runs back to college to borrow their contrabass clarinet again... :-)

I love playing contrabass -- we played an arrangement of the Toccata and Fugue in d where at one point, I think I had the pedal note for the whole group. :-)

Bass is fun, too. There's a piece by Barnes called Fantasy Variations that has a really nice bass solo. It consists of fast triplets -- which the sopranos have to match on the next variation. *evil grin* When I played this as part of the UMaine Symphonic Band, I would rehearse it alone at breakneck speed, rather than holding it down to the tempo the conductor used. One time, one of the other clarinets told me "You're really good!" I said, "No, I'm not, I've just been practicing for twenty years." Dead silence. Then one of the seconds chimed in, "I haven't been alive for twenty years!" :-)
                        "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

• Hmmm. I suppose I'm not quite up to your level, but I do play saxophone. I haven't had any dead silences relating to this though... Except for when my music wasn't all crumpled like everybody else's? I have no idea how they managed to do it... I'm not the greatest at playing fast, sometimes my tongue gets tripped up.

Comment

• Dai, all! I'm called Sunshine, and I've been reading these books for... hm, about a decade now. After reading the first Harry Potter book, I was thoroughly underwhelmed, and went looking for something in the same vein but of higher quality, and, lo and behold! I found these pieces of genius. I kept up with the avidly for a while, but largely forgot about them after TWD. That is, until last summer, when I saw W@W in my favorite local bookstore. I grabbed AWA, WH, and W@W, and devoured them on a long planeride. Since then, I've been rereading the series from the beginning, one more every few months. Currently most of the way through TWD, and loving every page!

In general, I'm a Berkeleyan hippie-geek. You'd be hard-pressed to find something I can't geek out about--I run a LARPing group, go to local rock shows, lived in Japan briefly, have visited the set of Star Trek, went to several LEGO conventions, etc. etc.

+Sunshine
                            I like things.
                            www.wayfinderexperience.com

Comment

• Welcome to the forums Sunshine!
                              *hands complimentary straightjacket and profers chocolate and some steak*

Love the YW books as well?
                              Quite an avid reader myself. But.... I'm afraid you do find some of those Harry Potter freaks out there every now in then, and I am one of them

Read them all... 40 times now
                              but my mom is trying to take them away from me again.... (not because of religious reasons... she just thinks that I read them to much... )Anyway, welcome to the forums, and I hope to be seeing you around!

Please excuse our lack of sanity... we try to make up for it... sometimes

Dai Stihos

~Wolfy

Comment

• Welcome Sunshine! I like fruit so hopefully you do too - *hands watermelon or honeydew - or strawberries, blueberries...*

I am also an avid reader. And I have read the Harry Potter books about the same number of times as wolfy here, atleast (I think). How can your mom take them away? Religous thing? I vaguely remember someone else mentioning that - was that you? My mom would never do that.

And we only try to make up for it sometimes. Because we are all insane, we do not consider it a problem : )

Hmm... I can't figure out how to classify myself - besides reading, like to be outside, animals... But that is enough, I suppose

All that stuff sounds really interesting - how did you get to see the set?! I'm into that type of stuff for movies and plays - I have been in the crew of as many plays as possible : )

Dai

Comment

Working...
                                X