Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dai Stihó, cousin! - Introduce yourself here!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiya Onyx and welcome to the forums .

Did you know that the period (i.e. '.') button exists on the keyboard? And that 'peace out' is spelled with an 'ea', not 'ei'. I do not know if you have noticed, but we tend to like good grammar and spelling around here. It makes posts a lot easier to read. Just giving you a heads up . If you have a spelling problem, most people here will be only too happy to help out, either that or copy a post into Word and do a spellcheck before you post it.

Cheers,
    Alla

(and your werewolf fur is made of a mineral - wouldn't that get rather heavy?)

Comment

• peice out
      Unless you're having trouble with jigsaw puzzles, this should be "peace out". :-)

I'm sorry I'm going all Grammar Nazi on you, but as this article puts it:

...language itself becomes the battlefield upon which Duane's characters fight for control of their own identities.
      "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

• peice out
        Unless you're having trouble with jigsaw puzzles, this should be "peace out". :-)
        Its not even having a missing piece in a jigsaw puzzle, Garrett

*is eaten by Poot*
        Last edited by Garrett Fitzgerald; December 9, 2008, 02:23:40 PM. Reason: busted blockquoting

Comment

• Don't beat up the newbies too much! you'll scare them!

nice to meet you, onyx. You'll be seeing me around most likely.
          I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
          For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• Hello, everyone! I'm new here...and not to worry, I'll do my best to use correct spelling and grammar. I love reading (Diane Duane, HARRY POTTER, Alison Croggon, etc.), writing, fanfiction (Harry Potter), and forums (Leaky Lounge, Young Wizards). Feel free to PM me!

Comment

• Hi eowyngirl! I love Diane Duane's books of course, but I love Harry Potter too! You'll probably notice we're all a bit crazy, but you should get used to it. Being that I am crazy too, I can't exactly say I had to. Welcome to the forum! Dai
              "And on he went, out of sight in unhurried grace; the true dark angel, the unfallen Destroyer, the Pale slayer who never really dies -- seeking for pain to end." Deep Wizardry, page 355 Listen, and I'll tell you a story... of the wind in the trees, and the sun, the moon and the stars... of all of Earth dancing

Comment

• Originally posted by smile:
                Hi eowyngirl! I love Diane Duane's books of course, but I love Harry Potter too! You'll probably notice we're all a bit crazy, but you should get used to it. Being that I am crazy too, I can't exactly say I had to. Welcome to the forum! Dai
                I don't think I'll have to get used to it, either...I'm very fandom-oriented. :P

Comment

• Hey eyowngirl!!!!
                  Welcome to the forums of insanity!
                  I am really into the Harry Potter books as well.... how many times have you read them? I've read them... um... 39 times each
                  so... Welcome to the Forums, and I hope to see you posting around!

Dai Stihos

Wolfy
                  Believe something... and somewhere, it's happened

Comment

• Dai eowyngirl, and welcome. we hope you enjoy your stay. Dont forget your complimenatry strait jacket. Im insane your insane their insane. That makes us sane right? Thats Logical. Right?

Welcome again.
                    (\__/) "Be amazing"
                    (+'.'+)
                    (")_(")

Comment

• According to my nonfaulty logic, everyone is insane in the universe, because NO one matches the normality, and because you'd have to be insane to be sane in this crazy world.
                      Therefore if you're insane, you're doing the sane thing, and you match the norm, you so you are sane. If you are sane, then you are insane for being sane, and therefore match the norm and are sane. (Which makes us all both insane and sane.)

So, enjoy, have a strait jacket, and run around like your pants are on fire. (does that work? I mean, how much running would you be doing if your pants were on fire?)
                      Anyways, i'll be seeing you around the forum. Hope you have fun posting, and follow the rules (the mods are nice, as long as they are unagitated)
                      I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                      For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• YR I get so confused by your logic at times, but surprisingly I got it. Haha.

Welcome eyowngirl! I hope you like it around here! *points to self* not sane, or maybe I am sane for being insane.. or insane for being sane.. ahhh YR I don't get it anymore!!! hahaha..

Anyway, Dai Stiho!
                        Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
                        Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
                        It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
                        Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

• Insane, yet sane, is the key to sanity and not being frowned upon by being insane by the other insane members of this insane community, and being sane on any forum is a good thing, so if you like to be a good member on forums, be sane, and in this community, insane is sane, just as Young Reader says. In another community I recently joined that's my primary attention focus, you have to be VERY sane in order to be sane... in fact, being insane is frowned upon. Saying insane things about the thing the community is dedicated to is insane, as these insane things tend to be illegal....

All of this using the words "sane" and "insane" will, hopefully, do a good job in increasing eyowngir's insanity here.
                          "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

• Is it bad that what he said made perfect sense to me?

(And if you don't recognize that quote, you _really_ need to look up the _Firefly_ DVDs :-) )
                            "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

• I think when you read something without thinking about what it means, it makes more sense than when you do think about what it means. It has something to do with how our minds work. Once you turn it into bite-sized pieces, it sounds different. Happens to me all the time...

Daì Eyowngirl.
                              "If his grin was any wider the top of his head would have fallen off"
                              -Terry Pratchett
                              Candyman Jr, Master Procrastinator, Joe Green, Vashmata, Master of Technology

Comment

• wellllll
                                I think that it would take a sane or insane person to figure that out, and asI believe that I would overall just be considered insane, i cannot make an accurate decision, but I think that it makes sense to me.... thus meaning that only insane people can understand it clearly?

Believe something... and somewhere, it's happened

Comment

Working...
                                X