Young Wizards Movies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brokencello:
    In the original Snow White, Snow White was squeezed to death by a corset...sad. And in the Little Mermaid she originally didn't fall in love w/ Eric, and then he was set to marry another girl. On his wedding's eve, her sisters sold their hair to Ursula who gave them a knife with which Ariel could kill Eric and return as mermaid to sea. She couldn't kill him so she went to the spirit world and became foam on thesea.
    Walt Disney changed all the books he made into movies. Mainly so it would be better for kids. For example he changed Bambe so you didn't see the mother getting killed maily they were changed to be more kid friendly.

Webmaster of Marauders Magic.com (Harry Potter site)
    Webmaster of Schoolz Out.com

Comment

Well, you wouldn't have to show it all...it still happened
      Also, I know that he changed them for kids, but I don't think the YWs should be changed at all! No way! Count on me not going to the theatre if they are different!

brokencello
      the crinkled paper bag
      "Life isn't like the movies, Toto."
      --Alfredo, Cinema Paradiso
      brokencello
      the crinkled paper bag
      "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"

Comment

Sure, he changed them to be "more kid-friendly." That is,. with good intentions. but I think it detracts from the theme and from the original objectives of the story. Particularly plot and ending wise: I can understanding ommiting details (though we really have to ask; is cotton-wooling kids going to help? If you're going to tell a story, tell it properly or not at all) but I think that changing plot etc dramatically is an offense.
        Still and all...

"We are philosophical geniuses [sic] who will one day rule the world!"
        --Agent M
        Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
        Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Well then why did they change Timeline!?!?!?! And Jurrasic Park!!! They are both Adult Fiction books, so if kids watch them, it's their own fault if they get scared, they should just put warnings: "There IS some gore in this movie" or something like that.....

*Agent~M*
          "Those who refuse the Powers, become the tools of the Powers, Those who agree to help the powers, Themselves become the Powers. Beware the Choice! Beware refusing it!"-Young Wizards books.
          "Do what the night tells you, and read the fine print before you sign!" -Peach.
          "In the Cookies of life, your friends are the chocolate chips" -Sam
          *Agent~M*
          "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
          "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
          "I could live

Comment

Originally posted by Birdhead:
            Sure, he changed them to be "more kid-friendly." That is,. with good intentions. but I think it detracts from the theme and from the original objectives of the story. Particularly plot and ending wise: I can understanding ommiting details (though we really have to ask; is cotton-wooling kids going to help? If you're going to tell a story, tell it properly or not at all) but I think that changing plot etc dramatically is an offense.
            *rolls eyes* Read Inside the Dream it'll explain why Disney changed them....

Comment

Kat -- the cartoons that are based on stories from the books are actually quite fun, even with a few modifications. Though opinions may vary, based among other things on whether or not you like the voice they gave Pooh...!

More generally... as far as omitting details or otherwise adapting and/or Bowdlerizing stories, I have to admit that there are some things I don't mind too much reading but really do NOT want to see, and that I have never felt it to be any great loss or tragedy that the first version of Cinderella I encountered didn't mention the sisters cutting off pieces of their feet or having their eyes pecked out.

I'm sure there will be things I'd miss from the book in a YW movie, including things I realize couldn't really be shown onscreen, but I can always go back and reread. *is giggling at the thought of Fred sparking about the screen, though*

Comment

What if it was a 3D movie...
                *Imagines Fred flying right in front of nose*

Comment

Agent M, that's why we have movie ratings. G, PG, PG13, R, and NC17. All I can remember. NC17 used to be X. Not admitted under 17. Never seen one in my life. Most people haven't. Oh, there was one movie, Hamlet or something by Shakespeare, and all the people were naked and they swore a lot and a bunch of people got Guillotined and there was violence, nudity, sexual situations...etc...etc...NC17

brokencello
                  the crinkled paper bag
                  brokencello
                  the crinkled paper bag
                  "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"

Comment

NC17.... we call that R18 here. (Restricted 18) and we have r13 and r16 too... I can see them ALL now (except R18, but frankly those don't look very interesting)
                    ... heh. It's these little cultural differences that are so wierd, you know?
                    T

--Agent M

Comment

Wouldn't it be cool if they did make something and DD asked some of us to be in it. Just a thought. Not to be ment as anything important. Anyway that would be cool at least I think.

Lissa
                      "We pray for our sorrows to end,
                      and hope that our hearts will blend.
                      Now I will step forward to realize this wish.
                      And who knows:
                      starting a new journey may not be so hard
                      or maybe it has already begun.
                      There are many worlds,
                      but they

Comment

Yes...The Young Wizards Discussion Forums show starring all members!

Comment

That'd be pretty cool.... *is thoughtful* Maybe a T.V. series wouldn't be so bad...

*Agent~M*
                          "Those who refuse the Powers, become the tools of the Powers, Those who agree to help the powers, Themselves become the Powers. Beware the Choice! Beware refusing it!"-Young Wizards books.
                          "Do what the night tells you, and read the fine print before you sign!" -Peach.
                          "In the Cookies of life, your friends are the chocolate chips" -Sam
                          *Agent~M*
                          "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                          "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                          "I could live

Comment

My big worry is that any YW films would be seen as riding the HP wave of "children's" fantasy.
                            "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

Yeah. Maybe we could have more teenage actors(tresses) play the mains, because otherwise it's going to be like that Eragon book and all this new...Kiddy faerie crap. Ayayay...

brokencello
                              the crinkled paper bag
                              brokencello
                              the crinkled paper bag

Comment

Well, the major problem with the Potter movies (apart from shocking direction and scriptwriting... "Hogwarts wouldn't be the same without you, Hagrid," honestly!) was that they cast unknowns as the mains. Unknowns who looked the part, yes, fine, but also unknowns who... aren't the best actors. I mean, they're not too bad, but against a group of really good adults and other (Maggie Smith, Alan Rickman) they aren't veyr impressive. That would be a danger with YW (although since the images of Kit and Nita aren't nearly as set as the images of Harry Ron and Hermione, that might not be such a problem.)

--Agent M

Comment

Working...
                                X