No announcement yet.

Young Wizards Movies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOT DISNEY!!! I know that I sound extremely against everything, but I'm not. Disney..... *shudder* I know that Pirates of the Carribean was made by disney, and that was very good, but.... Disney just doesn't sound like they'd be good for YW, also it wouldn't be as appealing to teens, which is the main audience of YW, not much point in making a movie if no one watches it....

*Agent~M*
    "Those who refuse the Powers, become the tools of the Powers, Those who agree to help the powers, Themselves become the Powers. Beware the Choice! Beware refusing it!"-Young Wizards books.
    "Do what the night tells you, and read the fine print before you sign!" -Peach.
    "In the Cookies of life, your friends are the chocolate chips" -Sam
    *Agent~M*
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
    "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
    "I could live

Comment

Yeah, TV would probably be better, but then I probably wouldn't get to watch it. My mom is already wary of the books...but then again by the time a TV show or movie was made she wouldn't have any say in the matter...Maybe you could make a tv show first and then a movie?

~Rad
      I love Superchic[k]!
      The Moosetrix Alaska
      *Dai'Stiho*
      ~Rachel

Comment

I still vote for the TV show. But then again, I have made some pretty crazy suggestions in my time, so...don't pay attention to me! *bc whistles* Well, we can still drink and be merry even when we are abandoned!

brokencello
        the crinkled paper bag
        "Life isn't like the movies, Toto."
        --Alfredo, Cinema Paradiso
        brokencello
        the crinkled paper bag
        "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"

Comment

I think that it should be a movie because if it's a TV show it'll get boring after a while... like most TV shows do

~*Lakie*~
          Yesterday was history, Tommorow is a mystory, Today is a gift!
          ~*Lakie*~

Comment

Not ALL T.V. shows... I still like a couple that I've like for a while, Spongebob!! I just hate it when there's re runs....

*Agent~M*
            "Those who refuse the Powers, become the tools of the Powers, Those who agree to help the powers, Themselves become the Powers. Beware the Choice! Beware refusing it!"-Young Wizards books.
            "Do what the night tells you, and read the fine print before you sign!" -Peach.
            "In the Cookies of life, your friends are the chocolate chips" -Sam
            *Agent~M*
            "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
            "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
            "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
            "I could live

Comment

YEA U HATE IT ..................
              Eventually it gets to you

~*Lakie*~
              ~*Lakie*~

Comment

Thanks for calming us down, DD! I, for one, am definitely relieved that you own all right and will have veto power on the screenplay if it happens. Can trust you not to twist your own books. Thanks! When I saw this thread, I started worrying...
                Be well! And thanks for writing!

Comment

I still wouldn't mind a Young Wizards ride in Disney (after all they created the theme park business basicy) that would be pretty fun.

Webmaster of Marauders Magic.com (Harry Potter site)
                  Webmaster of Schoolz Out.com

Comment

I think it would be really cool if there was a movie made out of the books, but my question is how many movies would be made and of which books? What if warner bros did the movie? oh well I dont really care who the movie is made by as long as DD writes the screenplay and has all the say in making it.

Comment

I have only one to say about turning YW into a TV serise or movie: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
                      I hate films of books. I mean look what happend to Harry Potter, LOTR, and Winnie the Pooh. Please don't ruin these books too! Even if DD does write the script, it will still turn out wrong. Imagion what would happen if the wrong person was chosen to paly Kit, Nita or Dari.

[deleted the dupe Kat mentions below. --kli.]

Comment

Harry Potter wasn't bad! and Winnie the Pooh is a little kids show...

Comment

They did ruin Winnie the Pooh. Piglet was so much cuter in the books, and everyone knows he's the best!

I have an idea! What if the YW books were turned into a movie/TV show? Like Masterpiece theater! Except after they aired, you would be able to see the combined episodes and rent them from your local movie rental store. That would be so cool. I have a really bad feeling that if they were turned into a movie, Kit or Nita or Dari WOULD be bad....or the Lone Power would be cheesily evil. Like, sometimes, when something is supposed to be menacing, with one slip of the voice, it becomes fake...and laughable.

brokencello
                          the crinkled paper bag
                          "Life isn't like the movies, Toto."
                          --Alfredo, Cinema Paradiso
                          brokencello
                          the crinkled paper bag
                          "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"

Comment

the books have too be movies. that would be so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I think I would prefer a movie because it's easy to miss episodes on TV...and there's something about TV that makes me wary. Glad to know it's a possibility, though! Even a TV show would be cool.

And Winnie-the-Pooh is cool. Although I must disagree. Tigger is the coolest.

*Ella*

"'Do we start kicking now?'
                              'No, Spongebob, that's a chorus line.'"
                              -Spongebob Squarepants
                              *Ella*
                              "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
                              There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
                              And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
                              What could mean more than this?"
                              --Bright Eyes

Comment

Dreamworks for live-action, ok. Not for animation, though. For animation, I'd say Studio Ghibli with Miyazaki or Takahata directing. (Well, depending on how well they do with Howl's Moving Castle, I guess). And my major preference for live-action would be Henson/Hallmark (assuming it's the good British and/or Aussie production crew and not the weird American one (think Farscape and Gulliver's Travels vs. The Fifth Kingdom).

Personally, as long as DD's got approval and a crack at adapting to script, though, I'm in.
                                New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Working...
                                X