• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, i g2g now thanks!!!

P.S. Consider the Movies!
    "Nobody's impression on life is so important that it outweighs honesty."
    - Duncan Ballard

Comment

• BiW - I know exactly what you are talking about. That's acually one of the reasons of why I am refusing to go see the thrid Harry Potter film. I even switch the T.V. off if the trailor for it comes up.

Comment

• All I can say is that for a book such as one of the YW novels to be properly immoviefied (if it wasn't a word before, it is now), it would have to be over 20 hours long. Not, of course, a bad thing, I for one would be entirely willing to go without sleep and tactile sensation to enjoy a good book-gone-movie. Unfortunately, most people wouldn't.

Comment

• Movie...It would be better than a TV show because you get it all at once...
          ______-______-______-______
          ~(*<@!$%^&^%$!@>*)~
          ^ Random Symbols. ^
          Dude, you are one seriously wacked out Froot Loop.

Comment

• I know my 10 cents isn't really worth anything here. (It's foriegn currancy isn't it...) But, I think that doing the series as Movies would probably go along better than doing it as TV shows. Why? Simple: a TV series, unless it uses a new set of charecters (aside from Nita, Kit, and Ponch, etc.), would become fairly confusing due to the history of the plot. New viewers would have SO much stuff to figure out that only people who are already deep into the series would find much to appreciate. (Sure, there are always a few who would say, "That looks cool... I'm gonna go read the book now." but that's generally not the case.) It would give it a bit of "Star Trek"-syndrome-ness (weirdest word I think I've ever come up with...) to it. To those who are "inaggurated" (which is a word I could never spell...) there's a lot of great stuff for you. But if your just finding it, it can drive you crazy. (Who's that? What's this about? Huh?) I don't really understand StarTrek shows because I don't know the back-data. Starwars Movies on the other hand, you can start at the begining (or middle, if you're George Lucas) and work your way on. You know where the begining is. The back-data is contained within the movie.

Ok, I'm just rambling now, and as I said, it's just my 10 cents. I can't even buy a gumball with it.

Comment

• What, a foreign currency? C'mon, we have a few Americans here.

A TV series? Nooooo, it had better not turn into that. A Young Wizards Tv series would become way too stretched out.

I haven't popped into this topic in a while, and I don't plan on reading all of the pages I miss - over 100 posts. But yeah, I agree with you a lot on all of that. Sometimes I watch Star Trek when my parents do, my most of the time it's "WTH."

Gumballs are expensive. A full 25 cents.

OATCAKES ARE DONE!!! *dances* [see topic of great randomness]
              Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• I'm just wondering, with all this talk of a YW movie, is there going to be one?

Comment

• No idea... I think earlier DD was talking about having movies... I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing... I've had bad experiences with books into movies.... *growls at the makers of Timeline*
                  *Agent~M*
                  "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                  "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                  "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                  "I could live

Comment

• i think it would be awesome if they made YW movies... i trust DD to write an amazing screen play no matter what.
                    but i dont know if it would be the best thing in the world...

Comment

• M is right, the movie makers do make a hash of lots of book to film conversions! Harry potter 3 is one and not seen timeline yet! though I thought Jussasic Park was good, there was to much happening in the first book so that conversion was good. But I'm sure DD said that if/when the is a movie she gets first shot at the sqript. and she is willing to wait!! I think she might of had quite a few offers already! I think all of use should try and raise enough cash between us and make the movie!! all the memebers would be silant partners!!! that would be cool!!
                      Fox
                      God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

• I think Young Wizards movies would be awesome. Ecspecially if they did one for the second book. *dies laughing* That book was funny. DD has already written a screenplay for another movie. (Ask Pops I forgot the name...) So I agree this one will probably be wonderful.
                        penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• Bump. Since a few of the newer members have shown an interest in reviving this thread, I've unarchived it.

However, if you are a newbie, please take the time to read the older messages in this thread before posting anything--the answer to your questions, or opinions you wanted to find out may already be in here.

You can also use the Find button in the toolbar at the top of this page to search for specific phrases, or the Find -> Advanced Search function to find all of DD's posts.
                          New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• I'm definitly against a T.V. series. I mean, look what happened to Pokemon! People got interested in the books, played the cards, there were a few movies... but if you've ever watched more than a few of the pokemon TV series, you'll find that they're almost clawing their way at a possible plot. Most are boring. Sorry, pokemon fans, but it's the truth.

A movie? I'm interested. Of course, I'm kind of curious. It's a little ironic that a book about words and books (and magic, of course) is being turned into a movie. That makes me laugh. But I'm sure that DD will stay as true to the story as possible. I'm really interested in the movie, I'm in favour.

Comment

• Errrr... I'm not sure I get your reasoning against a tv series. Because one series was bad, they all must be? That seems kind of weird. And I like Pokemon. Besides, Pokemon was designed around a videogame and as marketing tool, not as an adapation of a book. To me, there's a big difference right there.

Not that it couldn't be screwed up, just as movies can also be screwed up. But the fact is that a story for a television series is bigger than a film's. You don't have to cut scenes or characters for length. And given that the YW books are a series to begin with, it just seems a better choice, especially as DD has experience writing for episodic television as well as films.

I tend to get more involved with tv shows than I do with movies, because I watch them every week, and follow an extended storyline.
                              New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• A movie would be a lot better. Because I always forget when something comes on on TV. If it's a movie I can buy from the store or something.

Go movie!

Comment

Working...
                                X