No announcement yet.

Young Wizards Movies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Birdhead: I agree. DD's characters are very complex and I would hate to see them botched by some inexperienced actor. And, I wouldn't like it at all if they were considered a take off of Rowling's stuff. YW isn't like Harry Potter at all.

If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?

Curiosity mauled the cat and left it on the side of the road.

School is hell with flourescent lighting.
    I will rejoice in the moonlight;
    I will dance in the rivers of my tears;
    For I am joyously, wonderfully alive!

Make your own laws or be a slave to another man's. -William Blake

School is hell with flourescent lighting.

Comment

Yeah like in Harry Potter the one who played Harry didn't act too well, Emma Watson stank if there was one who I liked it was the one who played ROn Weasley.

IF WE HAVE TO GIVE THIS BASTARDS OUR LIVES, WE GIVE THEM HELL BEFORE WE DO!!!
      Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
      ------------------------------------------------------------
      "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

Yeah. They picked for looks and they got really lucky with Rupert Grint, who looks exatly like (my vision of) Ron and I suspect is a great actor, because he did him really well: and he's not like Ron much in real life, from what I've read. Interviews and stuff. (I also suspect he's by far the smarter of the actors. But you know.)
        I mean, DR is pretty good. 'cause he was just 11 when he did HPPS, right? And that's really young, especially for somethign that is on this scale and you're having to live up to xillions of other people's visions of Harry, and also, Harry being such a goodie I guess it would be hard. But still.

"We are philosophical geniuses [sic] who will one day rule the world!"
        --Agent M
        Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
        Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

If they made movies out of YW, I would first be really excited until I saw it, then if it sucked I would be really really really dissapointed, then if it was good then I would be excited until it came out in video. I do think that there will definitely be something from YW on the big screen, though.

I love YW series. Blah blah blah blah blah, I also think a;ldskjghas;dglhas;dfgkh. I am really crazy and stupid and funny and dumb and extremely smart. I hope I get to know everybody wish I was registered for this place since it was first here.

Comment

If they make a movie, the actors had better be good. Really good. Not like Harry Potter. And Birdhead, didn't it clearly state in the HP books that RON was LONG AND LANKY? Rupert Grint acted the part well, but didn't look the part.

"Deceit shall have its reward." - Timeline

Comment

if another message which ends on littlehorse82 half been written then please ignor it, somthing went wrong while I was typing it and it started posting midway through a message

Comment

Heightwise, he wasn't perfect. But then, Elijah Wood isn't 4 foot high, either. Apart from that, though, he looked to me exactly how I had envisioned him- facial shape and everything. This is really unusual, I find, so I'm impressed.

--Agent M
                Still the Typo Queen

Comment

Yeah, they all looked the part, except for the fact that Harry and Ron both look to old. Hermione looks the right age but her hair isn't bushy, its just wavy. I personally think that since they had no experience in something this huge they did all right. The acting in HP 1 was horrible but they've improved a lot for HP2. I love Winne the Pooh. Watched most of the episodes when I was younger. Tigger ROCKS! I can't say if the shows are better than the books or vise versa, but when I was little I wouldn't have sat down to read something that would be just as enjoyable watching it on tv. YW, yeah liven action would be really cool, I don't really care who is in it, just not anyone really famous. I love Disney, but I deffinetly don't want them to have the movie rights. They always use the same old stars they use for everything to play everyone. I perfer a movie to a tv show, though i don;t mind either way. I hope they aim the movie for teens rather than children though. They'd mess it up if it was aimed younger kids. *LOVES DISNEY, don't understand y u people hate it so much, all disney did was make movies for our enjoyment*

" Duct tape, the stuff that holds the universe together."A Wizard Alone by Diane Duane
                  - Serena

[This message was edited by Serena on 12 December 2003 at 14:13.]

[This message was edited by Serena on 12 December 2003 at 14:15.]

Comment

I agree with Tui. Rupert Grint (what a horrid name!) looks exactly like Ron. Emma Watson though, she's a priss. She's like, "I really, like, don't, like, like the people, like, that turn up, like, while i'm, like, putting on lip, like, gloss!" in response to her publicity. And Daniel Radcliffe actually had acting experience. He was on Masterpiece Theater's interpretation of Charles Dickens' David Copperfield, as the main character in his youthful days...

brokencello
                    the crinkled paper bag
                    "Life isn't like the movies, Toto."
                    --Alfredo, Cinema Paradiso
                    brokencello
                    the crinkled paper bag
                    "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"

Comment

What I detest about Emma Watson was that she said "Oh, I don't think I'm anything like Hermione. She has no fashion sense, she wears all these, like, woolly jumpers and stuff..." And I hate poeple who actually voice their opinions on stuff like that. It's OK to think, oh, I don't like woolly jumpers, it's not OK to say it. >.<

And also: it's SCHOOL UNIFORM, dear, HELLO!

--Agent M
                      Still the Typo Queen

Comment

Yeah. Exactly. She's a priss. And really, if Hermione is such a freak, why are you playing her, you idiot!????!!!!?? Emma Watson needs a brain transplant. She just makes me mad sometimes, savvy?

brokencello
                        the crinkled paper bag
                        "Life isn't like the movies, Toto."
                        --Alfredo, Cinema Paradiso
                        brokencello
                        the crinkled paper bag
                        "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"

Comment

I can't stand Emma, Hermione is a way better person than her, I agree with bc, she's a priss. I also agree with Tui about Rupert. Hey, I also think that Tom Felton was a pretty good Malfoy, but that is just what I think.

~Sam (Hifun55) and Dog~
                          When you judge others you don't define them, you define yourself.
                          Anger is just one letter short of dAnger!
                          DON'T YOU DARE LOOK AT ME IN THAT TONE OF VOICE!!!
                          ~Sam (Hifun55)~
                          Why do I have to keep telling people I'm OK? Oh, because they aren't sure I am... then why do I have to keep telling me??
                          HYPERNESS IS FUN!!! I'M HYPER 24-7!!!
                          My being born was NOT a natural disater!!! It was just a bad thing to h

Comment

The actor that played Malfoy was great. His expression in HP2 when harry and ron had changed into crabbe and goyle and Malfoy said "I didn't know you could read". It was priceless. He looks exactly like I thought he would. Only thing is his hair style is so different in the previews for HP3, you can barely reconize him.

" Duct tape, the stuff that holds the universe together."A Wizard Alone by Diane Duane
                            - Serena

Comment

Yeah, that was my favorite Malfoy scene. Did you know he played the kid in the Borrowers? You REALLY can't recognize him in that.

~Sam (Hifun55) and Dog~
                              When you judge others you don't define them, you define yourself.
                              Anger is just one letter short of dAnger!
                              DON'T YOU DARE LOOK AT ME IN THAT TONE OF VOICE!!!
                              Silence is golden?... aw! but shouting is fun!
                              ~Sam (Hifun55)~
                              Why do I have to keep telling people I'm OK? Oh, because they aren't sure I am... then why do I have to keep telling me??
                              HYPERNESS IS FUN!!! I'M HYPER 24-7!!!
                              My being born was NOT a natural disater!!! It was just a bad thing to h

Comment

Yeah, I totally agree about Malfoy. His father was pretty good, too. HE couldn't help it if the **** SCRIPT was too melodramatic. But my complaint about Rupert Grint still stands. Ron was supposed to be a boy who has the look of a kid growing very fast. It hints at that in the too-small-pajama scene, if I remember correctly.

Comment

Working...
                                X