No announcement yet.

Shippiness/Romance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Except that the other one's in the W@W Spoiler forum. Some folks don't want to dip in there, so it's kind of inevitable we get duplicate threads. Also, this particular topic tends to lend itself to thread proliferation. I think prior to the archive-weeding, we had something like six or seven threads on the same subject. That's why it's mentioned in the FAQ and suggested that one should search and read previous threads before starting a new one.
    New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

This thread is about the same topic though. In fact it is about the same book. We really don't need a spoiler forum anymore I think. We are only talking about the same things and the book came out so long ago. Isn't having a topic about the same thing increasing the forum bandwidth? Instead of putting the same discussion in one topic we keep making multiple topics about the same thing. It seems to me like DD might have to pay more if we keep starting the same topics all over again. It increases the forum bandwidth. I know we don't want that.
      Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
      Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

I agree with spyells; I remember looking for a thread somewhere discussing whether or not we still needed to Wizards at War spoiler area... and that was months ago.

In fact.... *Starts thread titled "Have you read Wizards at War? Yes, in progress, or no"* This'll tell us how many of us around here have read the book, and how many have not. If 100% say yes, (which I think they will), then Lee can make the Wizards at War area be with the rest of the "normal" book discussion areas.
        "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

Yes, I like that idea. I agree in thinking that everyone on here has read W@W, but I like Eric's idea of a poll. Maybe we could take it out of the W@W spoilers area, but also change the thread and say that there may be spoilers- if a few people have'nt read it.
          Believe something... and somewhere, it's happened

Comment

Isn't that the same thing as merging them into the W@W spoiler area? you have
            1:make a thread for romance with some spoilers
            and 2:merge all into one existing thread that already says it has spoilers.
            "If his grin was any wider the top of his head would have fallen off"
            -Terry Pratchett
            Candyman Jr, Master Procrastinator, Joe Green, Vashmata, Master of Technology

Comment

Course you can pm the mods...They pm us, occasionally, after all. i don't usually do it, except when they pm me, but all the same...
              Perhaps, however, we should simply start a topic about what kind of topic we should create. :P
              I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
              For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Let's see... *Counts the different PMs I've send to Lee* 3 times. Once about archiving threads I wanted saved to my own computer, once reporting chat abuse, and once for a reason I'd rather keep to myself.

I've never had a mod START a conversation with me; I always start it. Although once I was in the chat room when Garrett, Kathy, and Lee (that was a REAL shocker!) were all in there at one time. It was interesting.

OK, now back to HP speculation....

I wonder who ended up being Hogwarts's headmaster in the epilogue of the last book? Snape was last we knew, but it didn't say in the epilogue.... It wasn't Harry. It wasn't Hermione or Ron. Who is the headmaster?
                "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

I wonder who ended up being Hogwarts's headmaster in the epilogue of the last book? Snape was last we knew, but it didn't say in the epilogue.... It wasn't Harry. It wasn't Hermione or Ron. Who is the headmaster?

Umm what does that have to do with the shippiness romance thing? Just wondering.. I don't think anyone talked about that.. haha.. sorry but now I'm confused!!

on topic: I think that Nita and Kit should stay together, Dairine and Roshaun, Mella and Ronan (snicker), and.. I think that's all.
                  Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
                  Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
                  It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
                  Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

IT doesn't. Eric just accidentally posted it in the wrong section. Maybe he's half-asleep or something?
                    I wonder what would happed if DD switched all the relationships around?
                    "If his grin was any wider the top of his head would have fallen off"
                    -Terry Pratchett
                    Candyman Jr, Master Procrastinator, Joe Green, Vashmata, Master of Technology

Comment

ROTFL I guess I was having issues with that....

Romance. NOT Harry Potter Speculation.

OK. I'm going to copy that message in to its CORRECT location.

Comment

HAHA. Nice one Eric. Anyway, I think it would be interesting if she did switch it around for a bit. but only a little bit. the thought of Dairine and Kit together is... not very nice...
                        I don't like the whole Carmela Ronan thing. Ronan is just to serious for someone like Carmela. It would be interesting if she was with Filif... but that is a little strange.

Comment

...<span class="ev_code_WHITE">It might be funny, but i really</span>
                          ...<span class="ev_code_WHITE">wouldn't enjoy it. Just</span>
                          ...<span class="ev_code_WHITE">too creepy, really</span>
                          NO.<span class="ev_code_WHITE">I hope everyone will end</span>
                          ...<span class="ev_code_WHITE">up alright, though. Really</span>
                          ...<span class="ev_code_WHITE">they deserve it, after all this</span>
                          Sorry. Could't resist. i Stuck a bunch after the eclipses, though, to use the room. (highlight to see)
                          I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                          For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Yes, I know, but it would be funny- at first, but then it would be to...

creepy. Dairine and Kit does scare me a little...

But I still think NO Carmela/Ronan. Sorry for yelling.

(you didn't put a bunch, but at least you used it.)

Comment

That would be pretty bad if everything got mixed up - funny if it got fixed though...

I think Nita and kit and Dairine and Roshaun would be good, and Mella/Ronan - I'm a bit neutral on that one.

Dairine and Kit would simply not work. Nita and Sker'et would be scary if amusing and I could almost see Carmela and Filif in a scary way (not scary so much as how could that work?).

I bet DD is going to attempt to mix things up... maybe.
                              "And on he went, out of sight in unhurried grace; the true dark angel, the unfallen Destroyer, the Pale slayer who never really dies -- seeking for pain to end." Deep Wizardry, page 355 Listen, and I'll tell you a story... of the wind in the trees, and the sun, the moon and the stars... of all of Earth dancing

Comment

I think that DD will make it confusing- like Nita/Ronan etc. just to make you go Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo,and then eventually fix them. I mean, what fun is it if the relationships are always how you want them. I think that if Nita and Kit had a relationship before the ending, than it would be hard for them to keep it. which wouldn't be good. and I think that Nita still kinda likes Ronan, so it wouldn't work now anyway.

And if they get more confusing at the end of the AWOM book, then all the better, because this means it will take more time to fix them up, which means more books, and I think that we all agree that the more books, the better.

I still say NO Carmela/Ronan. No. No. Bad. No.

Comment

Working...
                                X