Shippiness/Romance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll just say this- my honest opinion:
    I don't think it would work. In the books, it is said that Roshaun has a much longer lifespan than Dairine. It doesn't matter how mature she is; in 100 years she will be dead and he will be alive. Also, with a longer lifespan, obviously Roshaun would mature a lot more slowly. He might not even be able to act as a parent during Dairine's whole life.

Meanwhile, even if it doesn't work out, they still might like each other, but that is still unclear in the books.

Candyman Jr, Master Procrastinator, Joe Green, Vashmata
    "If his grin was any wider the top of his head would have fallen off"
    -Terry Pratchett
    Candyman Jr, Master Procrastinator, Joe Green, Vashmata, Master of Technology

Comment

Originally posted by Vashmata
      He might not even be able to act as a parent during Dairine's whole life
      Parent? Who said anything about him having to be able to act as a parent??? Anyway, how do we know that Roshaun didn't use some of his life (like Nita did in HW) for the spell he and Dair did in W@W? If he did, he might have used enough for it to even out. And seeing as they are pretty mature individuals at the moment, I still think they would be great for each other. I may be wrong, but as Vahmata said, they will at least like each other.
      Believe something... and somewhere, it's happened

Comment

yes, and were you, Vashmata, refering to the fact that Rosh and Dar might get married and have kids? That would be weird, but possible later in the years. And we should move this into the romance section, that way we can talk about any couples. I acually like Ronan, and if he and Carmela got together, and Kit married Nita, and Rosh married Dari, then they would all be related! That would be an intresting house hold!
        Kardia

Comment

I don't even want to THINK about them all being related, though those are the couples I would go for. Yeah think of the household! It would be chaos! COMPLETE chaos! Think of Dari and Ro arguing, Carmela commenting on Ronan's fashion sense, and Nita and Kit trying to have a normal conversation on top of it all! And think of what Harry Callahan would think...
          Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

"sniker" it would be the wierdest house on earth. Poor Harry, I really feel for him! I wonder how Ro's parents would take it? THey would probably buy them a palce, then they could all have thier own seperate wing! And I have a feeling their social gatherings would not be compleley made up of humumoieds or humans! Tulla must be included, and all of ponches realatives, skeret and his "small" family! Then felif and at least a few whales, not to mention senor wizard of earth, Dayrl and many other extremely powerful beings such as kings, station masters, and others! I really feel for Harry Callahan
            Kardia

Comment

*LOL and is breathless for a few minutes because is snickering to hard* I would not want to live there, it would be so hectic. I think Dair and Roshaun wouldn't live with other people though. They Just don't have that personality. And Nita and Kit would probably want to live somewhere quite when they're not on errantry. As for Ronan- if he get with anyone, I think he'll want to stay in Ireland- just a guess though. I have no idea what would happen to Harry. I pity him though

Comment

I know my dad would freak out if our house was like that...

I think they would live in separate houses, but the house would still be like that when everyone comes to visit. Huh, I don't envy them when the family comes for the holidays...

I wonder if Dari and Ro do grow up and get married (or Nita and Kit, or Carmela and Ronan, or whoever), I just want to say that I pity their poor child! Having to deal with all of that...and if their child grows up and gets married, what will his/her spouse think about inviting the in-laws over for the holidays...
                Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Well, it depends on whether or not any of them have kids... I don't know about Nita and Kit if they do get together. If wizards are still needed by then, I don't think they will. I don't know, it's just hard to imagine . If those relationships did work out, I think almost everyone would pity them because of their extended family .

Comment

"sniker" my parents have problems with my dad' parents already, they are human! I cannot imagine trying to coperate with multi-species! That would be hectic! And I feel for those kids, think of all the uncles and cousins they would have! Imagine trying to remember all those names, especially the ones that are not pronounceable to any human being! But, then again they might be a happy family"not possible" if they got passed the fact that they would have at least a thousand arguments a day about every topic from politics, magic, lolipops, to which planet to live on, what part of the planet, how often to meet with the family, and whether they would have to rent a planet for a day just to be able to fit all of the friends and relatives in one space!
                    Kardia

Comment

You see, this is where being married to a prince comes in handy: New mansions for everybody! (preferably in different dimensions.) And who says Nita and Kit have NORMAL conversations? :P
                      I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                      For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

I believe it was meant as normal for a wizard, though I don't think that's even the case. *snickers* And who said Nita and Kit would want to live in a mansion- it would be a lot of work keeping it in order, and who wants that after going out on errantry .

Comment

"sniker" sooo normal, yah really normal. And a big house could have its down side, I really recomend getting a maid, if you get my meaning, or having skeret and his siblings around every day to clean up the junk and ruble from the experimental wizardies Lets just say, they would have a complicated life"sniker"
                          Kardia

Comment

Halfway back to the original subject which can't exactly be talked about any more, I think Roshaun and Dairine's relationship might be kinda like Lorryn and Shana's, from Elvenblood by Andre Norton and Mercedes Lackey. And I quoth from the page of 344:
                            "Despair turned to joy, and to a kind of infuriated hilarity.
                            But of course she was going to infuriate him--that was why she delighted him.
                            And why, he gathered from her amused thoughts, he de-
                            lighted her."

Of course, they like each other, although in the book it does not exactly say how much, but more than Dairine and Roshaun like each other, at least for now.
                            "If his grin was any wider the top of his head would have fallen off"
                            -Terry Pratchett
                            Candyman Jr, Master Procrastinator, Joe Green, Vashmata, Master of Technology

Comment

Yes, I've never really read that book before, but I think the whole infuriating each other thing sounds very like the Roshaun- Dairine relationship. Nice comparison. I'm not really sure about the extent of the Roshaun- Dairine relationship, but I think they kind of know they like each other some, but they (at least Dairine) don't really understand how much they REALLY like each other. I think Dairine is a little confused about how she feels, or, she slowly realizes how much she likes him, but DD never tells us straight out. I don't know. I'm probably trying to make this more complicated than it really is.

Comment

That's the OTHER benefit of being related to the royal family: no princess can be allowed a dirty house! Order in three dozen maids, and order them to go around blindfolded so they don't see anything. *imagines that, and laughs*
                                ANd ia think by the end of the last book, she knows EXACTLY how she feels about him.
                                I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                                For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Working...
                                X