No announcement yet.

Shippiness/Romance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, maybe... but you can't really tell completely until she actually sees him again. It's hard to know, because DD dosn't tell you straight out, though you can tell she's really quite upset.
    Believe something... and somewhere, it's happened

Comment

We don't know their relationship currently, of course. But just 'cause she's upset doesn't mean she loves him - if a really good friend died, anyone would be depressed.
      "If his grin was any wider the top of his head would have fallen off"
      -Terry Pratchett
      Candyman Jr, Master Procrastinator, Joe Green, Vashmata, Master of Technology

Comment

This is my 300th post... so I figure I'll make it meaningful, as in actually having to do with the books.

Well, Dairine and Roshaun are kind of too smart for their own good. They're very much alike. They both think they're always right and are kind of impulsive sometimes.

This is the same with my former best friend (see TTOGR) and I; we aren't as close now. At first we thought we were so alike and we were SUCH good friends, we were over each other's house every weekend.... But then we got irritable towards each other, and it slowly went down from there....

The same would probably be for Roshaun and Dairine.

Oh! Wait! This is about AGE DIFFERENCE! *Slaps forhead* OK.

.... Well I know someone whose parents are 25 years apart, so... I don't think she's too YOUNG for him.
        "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

"Yikes" I missed a lot in one day! But I don't think they will drift apart. I have had a best friend for 7 years now and we havn't grown apart even when we can only see each other once a month or so, because we live an hour away from each other. And its not like we have everything in common its just that we know how to realate to the other! I think taht Dair and Rosh will make it through, I hope when Dair finds him she kisses him!
          Kardia

Comment

Anyway... I don't think that they will either. I think this thread should be move under romance or something because we aren't talking about their ages anymore. I think we (the majority of people) are all in agreement that Roshaun isn't to old for Dairine. Wow. you live an hour away from one of your good friends and still keep in touch? that's got to be a little hard. although I have a penpal who I knew before and we still kee in touch... Anyway, can Kathy or Garret or someone please move this topic? I think it needs to be a little less narrow.

Comment

I Think that Dair and Roshaun make a good team, they have strengths that play well with each other, and can balance out their weaknesses. I love the final scene with Dair in W@W, because of the interaction with Roshaun's Father... It left things wide open for something else to happen, and I don't believe that Roshaun is dead... but you never know....
              There is Always DEEP Shadow where there is MUCH Light!
              "I will meet the terminally clueless today...idiots and those with hairballs for brains.... I do not have to be like them, even though I would dearly love to hit them hard enough to make the empty places between their ears echo..." Rhiow - TVTQ

Comment

Hey wolf wizard, why did you change your avatar??? The other one was really cool! But I like this one too! And they really should move this topic... I mean I am suprised that this topic got so many forums as it is... there is so much you can say about an age difference. Anyways responding to Wolf Wizard, it isn't that hard to still be friends with Dom(the friend who lives and hour away). But we don't get to see each other much, except during the vacations..."trying to think of something to say" ah yes I like your signature Stormwind!
                Kardia

Comment

Oh, I don't know. I thought it would be nice to have one that changes, and as I am practically obsessed with Harry Potter, I thought I should change it to something more Harry Potter. I think I'll change it again some time, but I think this one is a little funny. I think I might PM one of the Moderators to ask them to change it...

Comment

I didn't know we were allowed to PM the Moderaters Got to go!
                    Kardia

Comment

I didn't either, until I tryed, and it worked. And now it's changed! I think. Actually, if you're on here, thanks Kathy.

And it's not one line anymore.

dai all.

Comment

Yup. We actually respond to PMs. Ummm... have you guys read the Board FAQ? Because there's this thing we have about one-liners and short contentless posts ... Thanks for keeping discussion on-topic, but it might also be worthwhile to try and keep the signal-to-noise ratio a little higher...

Not posting is always a valid choice, too.
                        New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

You Kidding? Mr. Wolf_Wizard resist posting a forum, you have got to be joking! Then again I shouldn't be talking seeing as I usually post at least twice a day too... so just a question Kli6 what do people PM you about? I don't really see what we would need to talk to you very high aboves us people(kidding ) , but then again you guys are regular people(I hope...creepy thought ) too. Now to the topic, whats your opinion about Dari and Rosh? and whats a singnal-to-noise?
                          Dia
                          Kardia

Comment

Actually, I try to post more than twice a day, so I guess your statement is adequete. (But there are some that I havn't posted on yet, for example the YW songs thing...) Anyway, I don't think that moderators are allowed to be normal people. *grins* Anyway, I still think no matter how the series ends I just want Kit and Nita to stay parteners. Dair and Roshaun would of course be wonderful, but i think Nita and Kit staying together (even if it isn't romantically) is, in my opinion the most important thing. And maybe DD will have them splitup a little just to get us concerned...

Comment

People PM me with issues that they aren't comfortable about posting publicly, or that they think only I would be interested in. Sometimes it's complaints, sometimes it's questions, sometimes it's just someone wanting to shoot the breeze. I tend to be slower on responding to PMs than posts, though. Peter was the opposite. With Garrett, it doesn't make much of a difference.

Signal-to-noise is content-worth-archiving vs. just-saying-nothing. Remember that what you post should be good for anyone who's interested in the YW books to come and read and be interested in. You should be aiming for a discussion, not just talking to yourself (that's what blogs are for).

As for Dairine and Roshaun, I think time will tell. I do like the idea of them as a couple, but I figure we'll just wait to see what DD has in mind. I do remember making people plotz in chat by teasingly suggesting that of course, DD was actually planning on getting Kit and Dairine together (grin). DD called me evil for that one. I'm not really into shippiness discussions.
                              New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

I thought we already had a Romance topic.
                                http://youngwizards.net/eve/forums/a...9241036342/p/1

Isn't having two kind of redundant?
                                Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
                                Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

Working...
                                X