Shippiness/Romance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tuttle:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by young reader:
    When you're older, three years is laughed at. When you're younger, people are horrified by it.
    This is actually related to the "rule" which is often considered the point which stuff is creepy. 1/2 Older person's age+ 7. This means that at 14 its creepy to be dating someone any other age (of course that's not quite accurate then, but much off and its creepy) and at 18 its perfectly reasonable to be dating someone who's 22, because the age difference isn't mattering so much.
    </div>[quote]

Oh dear... I'm a rulebreaker again! :-D

But seriously, I believe emotional maturity matters a lot more than physical age. Or so I've found
    Frog blast the vent core!

Comment

*agrees* I hope they can make it work. of course, first they need to find eachother again, assuming he's even alive in the first place. *Hopse he is, particularly since this conversation has been completley wasted otherwise*
      I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
      For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Tuttle:
        This is actually related to the "rule" which is often considered the point which stuff is creepy. 1/2 Older person's age+ 7. This means that at 14 its creepy to be dating someone any other age (of course that's not quite accurate then, but much off and its creepy) and at 18 its perfectly reasonable to be dating someone who's 22, because the age difference isn't mattering so much.

As for Dairine and Roshaun, I'd actually not thought about their age differences between them before now. It seems to work for them, mostly because of Dairine's maturity. There probably would be problems because of their ages though, Dairine while mature is young and it does end up mattering some times. They could possibly manage it, but it would be hard at times. I could see them together better when they're older though, once Dairine has grown up some, but that's also me not seeing the point in people dating at all before at least 16 or so.

Believe it or not, that's actually sort of what I was trying to get at earlier.I just have trouble articulating my words. Yay.

Yeah, I can think of a couple situations where it might be tense. There are certain times where the best thing to do is just let romance simmer a bit, give it time and it will grow. If you attempt it too soon, it's like poetry to young love, as Lizzy says. It'll destroy it. I've had personal experience in that division.

So....I think they can work together, but really only by a thread at the moment. Give them some time, a couple tragedies to bind them (hey, that's already happening, isn't it?) and some good times too (there was sadly too little of that lately) and I think they'd work together juuuuuuuust fine.
        just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

by that logic, all the couples we want together should be happily in relationships any book now. :P oif course, it'll probably drag out, but that's alright since the series might end with everyones happily together...*wonders what problems they'll have* i suppose as long as he's alive, nothing to bad. If he's dead...well, it would certainly be an interesting relationship, i'll give them that. :P
          For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

i suppose as long as he's alive, nothing to bad. If he's dead...well, it would certainly be an interesting relationship, i'll give them that. :P
            Uh, how could they have a real relationship if Ro was dead? I know, there'd be Timeheart, but I don't think Dari would be able to go there that often. If any wizard could, Nita would have already gone there to see her mom, and Edrashtekeresket (hope I spelled that right). Since Nita hasn't, I would think Dari wouldn't be able to.
            Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Or it could be that she know the valueof letting go. or goes to see her often, just not when we are with them...
              And that's why i said it would be an interesting relationship. *was joking*

Comment

I think that Dairene and Roshaun are a good match for each other, I mean, their Personalities are about the same, and also they are pretty much at the same maturity levels when it comes to social behavior. So, their age's don't really matter.

Comment

If (when) they do (finally) get together, I wonder what their future will be like...

*imagines multiple dentist visits, because of extreme sugar consumption*
                  Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

I think Dairene and Roshaun are perfect for each other , as I don't really think Roshaun is dead... so they really are good for each other, and you could see they already have a thing for each other.
                    Believe something... and somewhere, it's happened

Comment

Yah, they are perfect for each other! And Ro will quickly learn not to eat so many lollipops!
                      Also, I have a feeling they will not have a quiet relationship!! But then you never know with couples, Nita and Kit are way easier to predict! A very happy couple, who barely have arguments.
                      Kardia

Comment

There is just something a little wrong with the idea of Nita and Kit. before reading AWA, I really liked the idea, but now... Nita and Ronan sound really nice together, though I would hate it if it broke apart Nita and Kit's partenership . But they would argue more if they were together, which also whould jeoperdize their partenership . I really like Nita and Kit together as parteners for wizardry, and so if that gets ruined by something, I will be really upset . And if Roshaun is actually dead I will be almost as upset , as Roshaun and Dairene are perfect for each other .

Comment

I think Nita and Kit would be perfect together simply because they're great partners in wizardry. And even though I think they should eventually end up together, I don't hate Ronan as much as I probably should. I've heard many people say that they "hate him to pieces" but I just strongly dislike him, which isn't exactly hatred. I think he and Nita could work out for a while, but I still get this feeling that somehow they don't even know each other that well. I still don't like the thought of them together though. I was hoping for N/K ever since I read book two...
                          Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

I don't know... maybe, DD could have Nita/Ronan for a little bit, but then return to Nita/Kit in the last book of the series- slowly build up to it. I don't really see how they could like other people in the end and still be together . I don't think people hate Ronan really, just the fact that he's getting into the Nita/Kit relationship . I think it's good DD is adding characters like him- it makes the plot a little more interesting- just look at it this way- if there wasn't anyone like him, there would be no discussions on it, and it would take away the entire relationship dimension to the story, making it a little more predictable . Personally I prefer stories with a little more depth to them, and that actually make you think about what may happen, not just know immediattely; it's that obvious . I was thinking, what if the wizard of mars was Roshaun, then the whole Roshaun/Dairene ship would work. Just an idea!

Comment

Hey guys, we seem to be getting a little off topic, and there's an actual Romance thread right here. This topic is specifically for the "Does anyone else think Dairine is too young for Roshaun?" question. Hmm, even that question in itself looks like it ought to belong in the Romance topic....So it's not that it's a big deal with us getting into the Nita/Kit and other ships, but it would belong better in the actual Romance topic. Just a suggestion
                              "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism
                              Define the universe and give 3 examples.

Comment

Good point, we probably shouldn't have gotten into it, but it's so easy to start drifting a little off topic. Maybe we could put this under the Romance thread, or combine it with it... whatever you do to change the threads. I think we should do that, because people can only talk about how Dair and Roshaun are perfect together for only so long...unless someone starts to argue the point .

Comment

Working...
                                X