Shippiness/Romance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shippiness/Romance

I'm sick of this Dairine/Roshaun thing..dude she's only like eleven or twelve, and he's a teenager in earth years since Carmela liked him....I'm sorry but I think that pairing is just gross.

I looked some stuff up and found that Nita is fourteen in W@W, and Dairine is two years younger than her according to their bios on this site, making her twelve. Just so there's no confusion over the ages.

[Simplified thread title --kli]

accualy i think it kind of funny. I like it since they are sort of complete opposites yet both are completely stuck up!!!
    i kind hoped they would have kissed already!
    And Kit and Nita for god sake. We been waiting for a quite a while now!! When are they going to kiss? Hope they do in A Wizard of Mars!!! other wise its kinda sad it took so long. I mean we all know they like each other!!!! Can't wait for when they Do!!
    Kardia

Comment

you know people can be friends without being in love

and the Dairine/Roshaun thing is really bugging me to

Comment

ya i know people can be just friends, but come on, we all know there is a love story behind it. Remember from High Wizardry, where Nita admits to Kit that she really likes him and wants to be a team for ever, and he replies that he feels the same way!! I just want them to kiss sometime soon thats all!! the suspense is killing me here!!!
        ----
        and why do you guys not like the fact that Roshaun and Dairine Love eachother I kind think is funny. but have your own opinions
        combining posts-gf
        Kardia

Comment

Alright...I'll get out the soapbox and start talking about these things we have called the FAQs. It's great that you're enjoying the forums Clara and any other newbies who happen to see this, but it'd be nice if you could take a look in our lovely FAQs. We have a few rules/preferences that aren't always in effect on other forums; for example, we prefer that you use correct grammar and capital letters. Also, multiple exclamation points, writing in all capitals or question marks should be used sparingly, if ever. Lastly, please don't double post! DD pays for these boards out of her own pocket, and not double-posting is a way to save her a tiny bit of money. Also, Clara in particular: it's nice that you're so excited about the idea of Nita and Kit kissing, but the fact is that you keep posting the question in various places and in posts unrelated to the subject and it's getting annoying. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just trying to show you guys how this forum works. *gets down off soapbox* Anyway, welcome to the forum; just please try and follow the rules, and we'll like you a lot more. Now, back to the discussion...

If I'm reading the books correctly, Dairine's a bit older by the time W@W takes place; isn't she 13 by then, at least? Either way, she acts a lot older than most 11/12 year olds I know. Also, in my opinion, I'll be happy with whatever DD chooses to do with her characters, so long as she keeps writing the books.

Comment

Well, Nita's like fifteen in W@W, and Dairine's like what, three years younger than Nita? So, she's like twelvish, but I agree with Hungry, she does act a lot older than her age. It probably comes from when she first saw Nita cry after she couldn't answer a question in grade school or something. I think there was something in HW about that...

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just trying to show you guys how this forum works.
            And by the way you don't sound mean, your just being a good samaratin in helping the newbies.
            Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
            Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
            It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
            Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

Thanks for the tip. Sorry about the mistakes, I did not know! Anyways the only reason I posted my question on other sites was because I wasn't getting a reply. So how do you become a member, not a knew one? And have you read the chapters of A Wizard of Mars yet?
              Kardia

Comment

You become a member once you've received ten points for karma. To find out what you have for karma points you go to your Personal Zone and it's in the list on the left side. Hope that helps, and welcome to the forums!!!
                Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
                Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
                It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
                Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

With a mature personality Like D i think as long as there is not such a large age gap then its ok. I mean he was about the same, personality wise, so they made a great match
                  God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

It's not like Roshaun's like 25 and taking advantage of Dairine's immaturity; given that they seem fairly close in mental ages, I don't there there's anything wrong with it.

Of course, I feel like we're sorta ignoring the big pink elephant in the room if no one brings up the fact that they're two different species...According to Roshaun, he's a teenager in his species' years, but that could be like 45 years old.

If that's the case, I sense problems for their future. And children, but that's like a big pink dinosaur.
                    Omnia mutantur; nihil interit.
                    Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

Comment

to add to the explanation about karma points, you get a karma point for every post you make. you need a thousand for senior member. (takes forever by the way.)

And so what if they're two different species? they're both humanoid. they'll do fine! The children will most likely look normal too, since the appearence of both species are similar...the only real problem would be if they COULDN"T have kids.
                      And usually, when you start to accept the idea of different aging rates, you also start to take in the idea that atge really doesn't matter all that much. I mean, it doesn't matter when you start dating a person you agre three times faster then. I mean, either way, you're going to make an odd couple within a few decades.
                      I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                      For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Maybe it'll be kind of like Spock's birth, where they had to genetically engineer his DNA by combining his human mother's and his Vulcan father's (we need a live-long-and-prosper smiley face ) And they'd both be wizards, so I guess that they might be able to make that work (the genetic engineering, that is) Then again, they wouldn't have to have kids, a lot of people don't...
                        "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism
                        Define the universe and give 3 examples.

Comment

Just saying, but shouldn't this be in the W@W spoiler area, under the romance topic? I thought the rule was not to create a topic when a similar one already exists. Anyway, I thought the romance topic could use some conversation, it was almost dead a while ago. Like I said, just saying.

But while I'm here, I might as well comment. I think that Dair/Ro could obviouly work out. Ages wouldn't matter that much with two different species. Anyway, whether people like it or not, they are beginning to read each other's mind, and even though Nita and Kit didn't notice it as a sign that they were getting closer, Dari and Ro did.
                          Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Yah, I think it will work out between them.( except that they might fight every hour of the sun lite day). But other than that they will be as happy as can be!
                            And as for Kit and Nita, its kind obvious that they have started to notice each other in a different way from the end of W@W. At least they aren't different species, and it would really improve Kits resistance to pain in his arm, for all the times he would get hit. Thats another bonus!
                            Kardia

Comment

"Resistance to pain in his arm?" *cracks up completely at the very thought* I honestly hadn't thought of that last comment before! That's ingenius! That's brilliant! It makes so much sense. And yeah, he would probably get hit a lot. Even if they were a couple, they're still basically the same people, and she would still punch him...
                              Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Working...
                              X