No announcement yet.

Shippiness/Romance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I definately agree Diane Duane will mess things up and fix it later. If (as wolf_wizard said) things were fixed now it would be hard to keep up and that would also mean less books.

I think that Kit will get a girlfriend or something in AWOM and the Nita will get together with Ronan. Carmela and Ronan - I'm not against them, but at the moment I can't exactly see them together.
    "And on he went, out of sight in unhurried grace; the true dark angel, the unfallen Destroyer, the Pale slayer who never really dies -- seeking for pain to end." Deep Wizardry, page 355 Listen, and I'll tell you a story... of the wind in the trees, and the sun, the moon and the stars... of all of Earth dancing

Comment

I agree with smile on the fact that I think that Kit will get a girlfriend. Maybe a martian? I don't really like the idea of Kit having a relationship with someone other than Nita, but I guess it'll all turn out alright in the end. So I'll probably be able to live with it. i also think that it's kinda inevvitable that Nita will have some sort of relationship with Ronan, because she seemed to like him again in W@W.

Again. NO CARMELA AND RONAN. Sorry for yelling, but it's true. I just can't see them together. Ronan is to serious for 'mela. so NO.

And this is my 200th post. YAY!
      Believe something... and somewhere, it's happened

Comment

I think that... Oh, forget coherent comments, I think that in the end it will end up as Nita/Kit and Dairine/Roshaun, but I don't really know about Carmela and Ronan... It just seems odd for some reason. And I too, think Carmela and Filif would be very... odd? bizzare? Any combination of the above and synonyms of said(written) words.
        On a clear day, you can see forever. ??, blessed be, and fare you all well.
        -Twilight Eve Golden
        Words are my medium/Colors make our soul
        Willing dreams the universe/Which is what makes it whole.

Comment

I've been reading this, and it sounds as if many people think that if Nita/Kit or Nita/Ronan, or anyone else, it seems, were to get together, it would end the series. I don't necessarily think that would happen. Who knows? I personally think that Nita and Kit's power ratings would be increased if they got together, which would allow them to do more wizardly, and go on more dangerous missions, which would add more books to the series, not end it.
          Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Yah, I agree kk, but I think that I would kill kit if he got together with another girl, becuase we all know that he and Nita are made for each other, even if they don't. I know this is off topic but I can sort of see a connection between Nita and Kit and Lyra and Will, becuse in the beginging both of them are just great friends but it develops into something more. I just hope it doesn't turn out like the Lyra and Will realtionship because that would be just too sad.
            Kardia

Comment

wouldn't it be TERRIBLE?!!!!

kk: I think that it would be difficult for the Nita/Kit relationship to begin and hold throughout the series, but it is possible. I think that currently DD is starting the Ronan/Nita thing, so I doubt that that is how the books will end. Sorry Nita/Ronan shippers. I just doubt that it will work.

Comment

Yeah, it does seem a litte N/R in the series now, but I think Kit's better for Nita than Ronan would be. And I've always thought (since reading TWD) that if Ronan actually cared about Nita, he would have checked up on her, and been with her while she was having to deal with her mother dying. Kit was there for her, but Ronan wasn't.
                Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

kk I think that you make a good point. Kit has always been there for Nita especially when Ronan wasn't. Of course I know he lives in Ireland and all of the overlays would have made it hard to come see her, but he isn't the one who is always there when Nita needs a shoulder to cry on or just an ear to listen to her troubles. I think Kit is better for Nita also.

Now as for Dairine and Roshaun I think it's a perfect match. And Dairine acts mature enough to me for a relationship, but age wise I would have to say no she isn't old enough.

I could actually see Carmela driving Ronan nuts. But hey you never know. I think DD will try to surprise us. I mean too many books now are becoming too predictable.
                  Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
                  Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

I know this sounds like just following everyone else, but I loved Dairine/Roshaun from the beginning. I love all the interactions between them. I would love to know what happened on the infamous trip they took to the moon together in WH. Especially after this quote in WAW:
                    "'And the Moon is no dream'" Roshaun said. "Well, I should say not. It's real enough. Indeed, when we went there--"
                    Dairine elbowed him. "Ow!" Roshaun said.
                    WAW, page 45
                    Now what exactly DID go on up there, that Dairine doesn't want him to mention?

And I think Dairine has proven herself mature enough to be Roshaun's equal in mind, wit, wizardry, and attitude. Besides, no one's really sure how old Roshaun is in Earth terms.
                    Books may well be the only true magic---Alice Hoffman

Comment

• I wasn't saying that I think that N/R is how it will end up. I was only saying that it is how it will be for a while, until it will eventually (maybe) end up K/N. I mean, I think that Kit would be better for her, but i think she maybe should be away from him a little longer.... and then realize? or maybe that would just mess up the whole thing as in AWA. I don't know, though I am pretty sure it may end up N/K, though N/R will have their moments until the end of that relationship.

I think D/R have a LOT of potential. I mean, sure she ought to be older, but you have to admit they are probably really good for each other. That is assuming, of course, that Roshaun isn't dead; which i personally believe, but there is alway the possibility...

AND i still proclaim: NO CARMELA/RONAN
                      NO! NO! NO! NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
                      ok, I think i'm done now. Dai all.

Comment

• *shudders at the final suggestion*
                        Chances are, this drama will be drawn out as long as possible, before being resolved in a mannor that somehow leaves us both stunned with wonder, and strangely disappointed.
                        And then the series will end.
                        I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                        For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• yep. i know, but I don't want to think about the series ending. *shivers* that is a REALLY bad thought. *shivers again* But, I think i like discussing how it will end with relationships, not the final ending itself. I just hope Nita and Kit are still parteners at the end of the series.

Comment

• If not more. Of course, considering their age, they can hardly go and get married, so the most we can really hope for is very large hints that it will all work out between the various couples.

Or possibly she won't tell us how it'll work out, at all, and we'll just have to wonder, but know that they will be happy. It's a horrid suggestion-but the perfect device to torture an audiance. :P
                            I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                            For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• Hmmm, yes, I agree that it would be a way to kind of torture the audience, but i also think that it would mean that everyone was kind of satisfied. Like the people who don't want N/K, they would be happy for a while, and the people who want N/K would be happy in the end. or the other way around. I think that Nita and kit may end up a little more, but i am pretty sure that they will remain parteners. If they don't...
                              and If anyone has a relationship that gets to the point of marrying, then we know that there will be more books, as they are WAY to young for anything like that now.

Comment

• Whenever I think about the possibility of N/K (or K/N, is there a difference besides the order of the letters? ) I remember that part of HW where Nita is considering her partnership with Kit, and reads about partnership in her manual. She was surprised when the manual said something about permanent partnership, and said, "well, it's not like They're going to make me marry him!" I think it would be cool if they did end up married, and then it would be sort of an ironic moment, and it could have a sort of flashback to that moment if/when they do get married.

And they did promise to be partners as long as the other wanted to...and I can't really see a reason why they wouldn't want to always be partners, unless something happened, and one or both of them changed significantly.
                                Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Working...
                                X