No announcement yet.

Shippiness/Romance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks You can always find something positive in the negative. For example: if Roushan and Dairine ended up together they would both be supreme lawyers by the end of their days, since they would probably argue on every topic from how many lolly poops to eat a day, to which way they should save a planet from destruction, relocate the planet, or fix the star?
    Personally, I may be good at arguing a point, but by golly, I would never want to face the two of them. I would shattered glass by the end of it, even if I was right!
    You want to be my buddy by the way?

Second thought, I already added you! If its not to your liking just post it okay!
    Kardia

Comment

*feels sorry for kit, being punched so much* Maybe someone should send him a nice suit of armor... *tries to think of something productive to say* um...
      uh....
      hmm...
      I'm getting just about nothing here. everything seems to have been said already! *wonders if they could argue the LP fragments into surrendering* it wouold be a rather interesting end...And i still hope those two will manage to get together. THey've just been through too much, even in this short period, rfor them to simply go off and date other people.
      I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
      For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Hey, by the way did you add me to your fiends list? because your on my kay!
        Kardia

Comment

*wonders if you're talking to me or kk* If you mean me, i'll gladdly add you (always can use more friendS) and if you mean kk...*wonders at the timing of the post*

Anyways, besides that conversations like that should probably be held in private messages, so that the mods won't have to get mad at us. Trust me, you don't want to get kli mad. She's got enough on her plate already.

um...*frantically looks for something to say so that i don't get glared at for doing useless posts* uh...eh....hmm...Young wizards rules! (and so does a nita and kit relationship *runs for my lack of being glared at*
          For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Okay, guys, back onto topic, please. You can just PM each other about that stuff, okay? But right now, this board is about Dari an Ro, right?

okay, On Topic

I admit, when it first hit me about their age differences, I was a little disgusted. But then I thought a bit, and I realised that Dairine is extremely mature for her age. She always had been. It came with being too smart for her age, I think, and for having Nita as a sister. She's learned a lot from her sister, and just a lot about everything. She became a wizard hastily and paid for it. She was granted huge amounts of power and then had to cope with it and the sudden loss of it on her own. Her mother died when she was, what, twelve? She's a smart, strong girl, far older than her peers.

Then, take Roshaun. He's mentally...immature for his age. He was pretty arrogant and conceited, and he eats lollipops all the time. Not that I have anything against lollipops, they're magically delicious! (XD) But that's a sign of immaturity. But he's generally immature most of the time.

She has a degree of immaturity too. I mean, she's still the runt, the little sister!

So somehow they work well together. They both can be amazingly brave and stupid, pull it out in a pinch and work hard, they both argue. A Lot. And they both have a pretty good sense of humor, I think.

So, even though it's a little awkward right now with them being so far apart agewise, I think that in the end, they fit together very well mentally.

Besides, in ten years, their ages won't be much of a distance. My aunt and uncle are fifteen years apart, but they're still married and have been for a long time!

So, by the time I got through all my train of thought, and the planes, and the cars, and the buses, and walked throught it all, XD, I've decided that it doesn't really matter in their case. Roshaun is highly honorable, so I don't think that most of the problems in today's society with have older boyfriends (or girlfriends, on occasion) will not occur with these two.

Edited for punctuation (what I noticed, anyway) and for clarification
            just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

Very well said, Mel. Very very well said. *has to hurry for church event, hopes that I can think of something to say in less than a minute so that this will not be a one-liner*
              OK I got nothing, in a rush, see ya.

*comes back later to edit*

Oh, and if you were referring to me, Clara, sure, I'd put you on my buddies list! (Please specify who you were talking to.)
              Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

And before we shift COMPLETELY back on target, i'd like to point out i already said it should be In private messaging, so you didn't have to go and say it again. :P
                by the way kk: *No one throws kk in jail for three minutes as punishment for one liner* next time don't hope for no one to mind. No one tends to get testy. :P
                *Having tied up all buisness that was off topic, throws this topic baclk onto the track, and puts up walls so it won't exscape again*

I guess their maturities, and immiturites DO Ballance themselves out in the end, as you pointed out...Not that any of it really matters at all if the guy turns out to be dead. (I, for one, seriously hope he isn't. Even if that WOULD kind of solve the whole age problem...)I personally didn't really think of the age problem, i don't think, until i saw this topic!

Comment

Hrm. I need my books XD

It says somewhere around that Roshaun is roughly Kit or Nita's age as the closest comparison from his age rate to ours. Tom says in W@W that Wellakhits have a longer latency period than ours (kind of like puberty). I asked DD about how Ro ages compared to humans, and she said she didn't have that quite worked out yet. But seriously folks, Nita's age is only 3 years older than Dair. I fail to see how that is "disgusting".

As far as Ro being immature, I would not say that about him. When you look at the passion he has when he tells Dairine about his planet's history, that seems pretty mature to me. He is also fully aware of the relationship building between he and Dair. I also fail to see how eating lollipops has anything at all to do with maturity 0_o? Roshaun is at the very least on the same maturity level as Dair, and she is a lot more mature than 12.
                  "In the contemporary world where things fall apart and the center will not hold, you have to imagine a community where there is no center." - John Green

Comment

Completely agree with you there, I think that three years of difference is not much at all, and like you said, unlink Kit and Nita, Ro and Dari reconginse the meaning of their relationship!
                    Kardia

Comment

Ok - ow I thought that Nita was 15 in W@W - I figured out years passing by breaks/holidays. We know that Dairine is 11 in HW, when Nita is 13. Now Dairine should be 13. Because Roshaun is about equivelent of Nita and Kit in his species, it isn't bad, or gross. The only problem would be Dairing aging too fast.

Dairine is (already mentioned) very mature for her age. - I don't see any problem.

I am in the middle of rereading W@W now, but at the moment, they are annoyed that everyone thinks they are romantic, not good friends, they don't exectly have a word for their relationship.

I still think that they'll get together - otherwise DD wouldn't have included certain comments (between Nita, Kit).
                      "And on he went, out of sight in unhurried grace; the true dark angel, the unfallen Destroyer, the Pale slayer who never really dies -- seeking for pain to end." Deep Wizardry, page 355 Listen, and I'll tell you a story... of the wind in the trees, and the sun, the moon and the stars... of all of Earth dancing

Comment

it doth seem-i mean, it seems to me that the meaningfulness of age differences change as you get older. When you're older, three years is laughed at. When you're younger, people are horrified by it. And when that age difference puts you on two sides of some insivisible line-like high school, and middle school-most poeple will faint at the very suggestion.

Comment

Yeah that's right, I know some of my friends are dating people that are like three or four years older than them. And it's not as bad because we're all 16 so people are like fine with it. Had they been 14 or 15 then people would be appalled.

I think that Dairine is a just about the right age.
                          Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
                          Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
                          It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
                          Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

Originally posted by young reader:
                            When you're older, three years is laughed at. When you're younger, people are horrified by it.
                            This is actually related to the "rule" which is often considered the point which stuff is creepy. 1/2 Older person's age+ 7. This means that at 14 its creepy to be dating someone any other age (of course that's not quite accurate then, but much off and its creepy) and at 18 its perfectly reasonable to be dating someone who's 22, because the age difference isn't mattering so much.

As for Dairine and Roshaun, I'd actually not thought about their age differences between them before now. It seems to work for them, mostly because of Dairine's maturity. There probably would be problems because of their ages though, Dairine while mature is young and it does end up mattering some times. They could possibly manage it, but it would be hard at times. I could see them together better when they're older though, once Dairine has grown up some, but that's also me not seeing the point in people dating at all before at least 16 or so.
                            We will remember you PM. And your little GingerBear.

Comment

In my book, if one of the partners is an alien and a pairing still seems reasonable- well, then problems with an age difference is a little moot- it is more a question of compatible maturity, as been brought up before. But I do agree that any romantic overtures between Dair and Roshaun would be better played if they were older. 17, at a minimum for me. 19 would be ideal. *coughs*
                              -Tell me and I may remember; show me and I'll understand; involve me and I'll never forget. Thank you, PM. Your light lives on.

Comment

Hey Guys, whats been up? Sorry I haven't been on much, its just that I was down in Argentina-South America- and internet is sometimes hard to get. Anyway, I totally agree that a difference in age causes different reactions at different stages in life. For example my mom and dad are 8 years apart, but they get along. Me, on the other hand, since I am 13, if I were to date a 21 year old every one would be appalled- including me - because the 21 year old would know about and do things on dates that are considered by the girls in Ireland form WA,-ahem, shake of the hand-. I Think that different stages in life allow for different circumstances!
                                Kardia

Comment

Working...
                                X