No announcement yet.

Nita and Kit...Yes or no??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright, alright. Enough about Kit and Nita already. Let's talk about a really interesting idea of a relationship -- like, say, Dairine and Kit. What does everyone think[] Now is a good time for some DD commentary . . . Hello . . .

Yours till the bed spreads,
    Rowen Avalon
    mysites/ravensiggys/constitutionality
    Rowen Avalon

"I told you she was going to turn you into a soggy beermat. No one ever listens to me." - Jonny, AWAb (My fav moment!)
    "IB helps you with stress management. It throws all this stress at you and says, 'Manage it!' Then you have your b

Comment

Dairine and Kit? It would be a cute couple. And interesting!

I just noticed something, Rowen. Your avatar is Skuld off Oh!My Goddess! Am I right?

"If you can't find the key to happiness, pick the lock"

Comment

Yes, yes, yes. I love that show. I was mad that there were only 5 episodes, but it was still cute. I have a little Skuld action figure on my shelf cause I like her best. Plus her personality fits me -- sometimes hyperactive and little kid like, but always very smart.

Rowen Avalon
        Rowen Avalon

"I told you she was going to turn you into a soggy beermat. No one ever listens to me." - Jonny, AWAb (My fav moment!)
        "IB helps you with stress management. It throws all this stress at you and says, 'Manage it!' Then you have your b

Comment

I knew it. The Otaku knows everything!

Otaku= anime freak

"If you can't find the key to happiness, pick the lock"

Comment

Kit+Dari:
            NOOOOOOO! nononono! That would be totally wrong. I think it would mess up Nita & Kit's friendship, because how many interventions/missons/whatevers would they be able to do just by themselves? This would not be good for Nita. No. No. No. Am I getting my point across?!? *fighting annoying lil sis instincts and losing* No. Noooo.

*Ella*
            "If you want to know about a man's character, find out what his cat thinks of him."
            -Anonymous

"All that is gold does not glitter,
            Not all those who wander are lost,
            The old that is strong does not wither,
            Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
            From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
            A light from the shadows shall spring,
            Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
            The crownless again shall be king."
            -J.R.R. Tolkien
            My fave poem from the whole LOTR (and there are certainly enough of them!).

*Ella*
            "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
            There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
            And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
            What could mean more than this?"
            --Bright Eyes

Comment

I don't know if any other people like this idea but, I would kinda like nita and ronan to date a little and then kit comes foward with his feelings(after nita and ronan date for a month or so) and nita has already broke up with ronan and sees her real feelings for kit.But if they don't get together I'll be sad But,I'll get on with my book life and get past the problem.

Princess_nita0
              Night owl,Up till Dawn

Comment

I don't care too much about the N/K thing, either way it works out I'll be fine as long as they stay friends.

I did like Rowan, but, isn't he kind of out of the running, with a Power residing in him and all?

Comment

No, I think that AWAb established that the powere was "dormant" inside him. It's still there but not controlling him or anything.... He's very much in the running. To our delight!

Rowen Avalon
                  Rowen Avalon

Comment

Okay I'm back...I spent all weekend moving, and Anya (my kitten) is *still* mad at me.

Oh dear...I *really* try to keep away from these Ronan discussions...and fail miserably. *snort*

Right! Dormant, but by no means possession. But I always wonder what that means exactly. The way I like to think of it is as Michael's "running commentary"; like a really, really convincing case of talking to yourself. Something always there, but capable of being surpressed.

I really must go back to work instead of obsessing over a marginal, fictional character...

Elizabeth
                    "You come in here, you die. Then you will be fired. RR"- from one of my new favorite fics, "What a Tangled Web We Weaver" by Merrymime.

"Demon spawn but love the accent."- Birdhead, re: Ronan.

Comment

I really want Ronan back in the books whether he's Nita's bf or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdhead:
                        I LOVE that song.
                        I've got a Simon and Garfunkel boxed set. I knew next to nothing about them before I got it, and had never heard Patterns. When I did, I went:

"Woah."

yup. Song's great. I just changed my sig to "A Poem on the Underground Wall." Heard it?

Anyway, about Dairine and Kit. He's afraid of her. Seriously! He shudders when people mention her name! No WAY they could go out. plus he's, like, 2 years older than her. When you're preteen/young teen, that's a big difference.

Blah, blah, Ronan, blah, blah...

--Dai Stihó

Now from his pocket
                        quick he flashes
                        the crayon on the wall he slashes
                        deep upon the advertising
                        a single worded poem comprised of FOUR LETTERS
                        and his heart is laughing, screaming, pounding
                        the poem across the tracks rebounding

[This message was edited by Rysade on 04 March 2003 at 21:26.]

Comment

Yep, I've heard it... do you knwo the story behind it? Apparently, when S&G&promo company were shooting the cover photo for, I think... Wednesday Morning, 3 AM, they took zillions of photos- this is the album cover that shows them in the subway- and then they got home and got them developed and foungd that, in the words of Art garfunkel:
                          "... written, rather legibly, on the wall beside us, in the baroque style common to New york subway wall writers, was, uh, the traditional suggestion. And rather beautifully illustrated, too. naturally, we told Columbia that was exactly what we wanted on the cover of our album..."
                          Hmm, that was way offtopic, I seem to keep on having off-topic things to say, especially aboiut Simon and garfunkel... but on topic:

Well, we're not talking NOW. I mean, obviously Kit and Dairine won't get together NOW. they have to grow up a bit (a LOT) first, for Pete's sake. I just think it'd be kinda cute... but some people do have good points... Oh, I dunno. It's not like the books are lackign without lovelives... I'm sure they can survive without soulmates... still... Oh... I dunno. I need chocolate. Actually, that's a Smiley we need; the :ineedchocolate: smiley, forget about coffee!

Ka Kite
                          tui
                          PS: Elizabeth, how'd the moving go??

Tuibird in Aotearoa
                          Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
                          Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
                          Daily Blonde Moment:
                          So the other day, I show up at Physics half an hour late. ten minutes later: "What? isn't this Physics? What?" ...seriously....
                          My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
                          Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Well, I've avoided this topic for long enough, I guess.

Now is a good time for some DD commentary . . . Hello . . .
                            I personally think that is just not a good idea. I hope Diane is avoiding this conversation like the plague. Think about it. We all have our own opinions about the Kit/Nita/whoever relationship, but do we have the right to influence the author on this matter? I don't think so. We'll find out what she feels should happen as she writes more books about them.

I mean, it's perfectly alright to talk about which parts of her books you enjoyed (or didn't), to ask questions about things you didn't understand, to analyze to death what such-and-such might signify, to ponder what might happen next, etc. Authors get this all the time, from literary reviewers or even from people they've just met. And I guess the choice is theirs of whether they'll answer your questions or smile mysteriously and leave you hanging till the next book comes out. But to tell her what you actually _want_ to happen could totally backfire, and I think it is intrusive. If Diane doesn't even read Harry Potter because she doesn't want the Young Wizards series to be influenced by it in any way, then I don't think she'll be reading this thread either. And I wouldn't want her to. I want to know that whatever happens, happens because she wanted it to.

Now that's not say that I don't have a preference about which characters I would like to be together, because I do. It's a secret little hopefulness hanging around in the back of my mind while I'm reading, watching for any positive signs that could "mean something." But I wouldn't be that forward with my opinions about that matter on the author's own discussion forum.

I know you guys might disagree with me, since you've already talked back and forth on the subject for three pages, but I felt like it was time to throw my thoughts out into the ring. Thanks for listening.

Squash

Comment

I have read tons of opinions on this matter, and it doesn't seem like anybody is really FOR the k/n relationship.i just want to say that it would just be totally weird if she was dating someone else when they spend so much time with each other. Kit and Nit are perfect 4 each other.

*With all due respect*

Lara
                              *With all due respect*

Lara

Comment

On the matter of whether it's ok to talk about these sorts of things on the "author's own discussion forum" I'd say it's fine. We can't make DD read this thread, or comment, and I don't care either way. I made this post to find out what people thought about this issue, not to bring DD into this if she doesn't want to be. No pressure.
                                I mean. Like, how many people do you know who've read these books (forums DON'T count! ) Tick. Tock. Tick.....
                                Yeah, and even the people who HAVE read these books that you know, well, they have their opinion, and you've heard it, and that's it. I want to know what other people think about this. Whether anything we'll actually happen or not, well, we're gonna have to wait and see.

*Ella*(the chocolate-deprived)
                                "If you want to know about a man's character, find out what his cat thinks of him."
                                -Anonymous

"All that is gold does not glitter,
                                Not all those who wander are lost,
                                The old that is strong does not wither,
                                Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
                                From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
                                A light from the shadows shall spring,
                                Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
                                The crownless again shall be king."
                                -J.R.R. Tolkien
                                My fave poem from the whole LOTR (and there are certainly enough of them!).

*Ella*
                                "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
                                There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
                                And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
                                What could mean more than this?"
                                --Bright Eyes

Comment

Working...
                                X