No announcement yet.

Nita and Kit...Yes or no??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some people out there will probably get mad at me for this, but I'm sick of all those fantasy (and other) books where if two people, especially kids and teenagers, of the opposite sex are really good friends, they have to fall 'in love'. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] Admittedly, as an X-Phile I'm a complete shipper, but I think Nita and Kit work great as best friends. Nita even talks about it in one of the books, 'High Wizardry' I think - how bf/gf stuff is going around her school, but she just wants to be best friends with Kit.

AML,
    A Moonlighting X-Phile
    <If all good things must come to an end - than numbers are not our friend!>
    <WARNING: I cannot be help responsible for the above, as apparently my cats have learned how to type.>
    <'Men will fight bravely and be heroes, but for a last ditch defense against any odds, get a mother.' You should recognize that one!>
    And as I sit and talk to you, I see your face go white
    This shadow hanging over me is no trick of the light
    This spectre on my back shall soon be free
    The dead have come to claim a debt from thee
    --The Pogues--

Comment

haha...MacGreine, you have stated the opinion I have but could not phrase.

Aurora the Phoenix and Shona the Dragon: working together to achieve world domination and straight As.

Comment

Basically my original post to this thread was lost apparently...anyway.
        I don't think Kit and Nita should get together romantically. As an X-Phile (see my name), I'm a whole-hearted shipper, but when people think that two kids, particularly teenagers, can't be best friends without being bf/gf, it annoys me. That's part of what I like about the YW series - Nita and Kit are free to be close friends and work partners without going all sappy, kiss-me, she's-holding-my-hand-what-does-that-mean?
        Nita even talks about it in one of the books - HW, I think - she says all the romance stuff has been going around school, but she doesn't want to be any more than Kit's close friend and partner.

AML,
        A Moonlighting X-Phile
        <WARNING: I cannot be help responsible for the above, as apparently my cats have learned how to type.>
        <'Men will fight bravely and be heroes, but for a last ditch defense against any odds, get a mother.' You should recognize that one!>
        --The Pogues--

Comment

I am a really big Nita and Kit fan. I think that if they don't ventually get togeathre in the end, the book just won't have the same meaning. And now that their drifting apart it WD, I am so angy! I really , REALLY, REALLY hope that they get togeather eventually.
          *With all due respect*

Lara

Comment

Actually, moon-lighting X-phile, you have 2 posts here saying basically the same thing. I'm not sure, it might take awhile for a post to show up on a site. I dunno.

Aurora the Phoenix and Shona the Dragon: working together to achieve world domination and straight As.

Comment

Apologies. I checked it a few times over a couple days and it didn't seem to show up...oh well.

AML,
              A Moonlighting X-Phile
              --The Pogues--

Comment

I have to agree with all the people saying that Kit and Nita should stay friends... Sure, there will always be the possibility of them being more than friends, but the two of them have been through everything as friends. The jealousy that Kit seems to have toward Ronan in Abroad could be taken as him having a crush on Nita, but it seems more likely to be a protective big brother type thing (even though Kit is younger then Nita). Guy friends are important for every girl. I mean, sure, it seems like at one point or another they get crushes on one another, but those are almost always short ones. I've seen exceptions, but girls and guys who are friends should stay like that. This doesn't mean I support Nita/Ronan necessarily, but I see that as more likely then Nita/Kit.
                Rachel
                aka Goldfarb, Goldy, Whatever any wants to call me cuz I'll usually answer...
                Yes, I am insane. I know I am. Why do you care, anyway?
                Insane people have more fun then normal people.
                Normal people scare me. Is anyone really normal, anyway?

Comment

Someone was asking way back up at the top why people like Ronan so much. Well, here is a list of the top 5 reasons:

1. He's Irish!
                  2. Black leather. I can't see Kit in black leather. Sorry.
                  3. He's Irish!
                  4. He has the rogue-ish, leave-me-alone, brooding attitude that is so great!
                  5. He's Irish!

Now that my shippy-ness is all worked out, I have to say I agree with all the people who have been saying that it's annoying that the two main characters always fall in love. Which is why I'm all for Ronan and Nita! Maybe Kit can pair up with Dairine? (JUST KIDDING! Don't hurt me!)

Yours till the bed spreads,
                  Rowen Avalon
                  mysites/ravensiggys/constitutionality
                  Rowen Avalon

"I told you she was going to turn you into a soggy beermat. No one ever listens to me." - Jonny, AWAb (My fav moment!)
                  "IB helps you with stress management. It throws all this stress at you and says, 'Manage it!' Then you have your b

Comment

Ok I really lost track of this topic but I'll just jump back in.

The reason I like Ronan Hummm... I dunno I have always gone for the dark type I find Goth people interesting!!And I also go for the accent Orlando Bloom that guy off of secret garden see a pattern formeing?

*Nita*

A Truth that's told with bad Intent, Beats all the lies you can invent
                    --William Blake

Comment

Rowen originally said, re: Ronan

<1. He's Irish!
                      3. He's Irish!
                      5. He's Irish!>

*giggling like mad* Oh Rowen this is it in a nutshell....let me add just three more, will you?

5) He's opinionated ( I love stong minded people)
                      6) He 1looks adorable as a "sodden beer mat"
                      7) Strictly personal, I used to date someone just like him....

And oh yeah...he's Irish

<Maybe Kit can pair up with Dairine? (JUST KIDDING! Don't hurt me!)>

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and voice a little secret of mine: I think that Dari *might* be a better "match" for Kit...

Let the wrath descend!

Elizabeth

"* I* wouldn't use a blender in that house. Or a computer." -Lia
                      "You come in here, you die. Then you will be fired. RR"- from one of my new favorite fics, "What a Tangled Web We Weaver" by Merrymime.

"Demon spawn but love the accent."- Birdhead, re: Ronan.

Comment

Kit and Dairine? Naaahhhh... just don't see it, me.

OK, maybe. But I wouldn't like it... or maybe I would... oh, well. I personally feel that K/N would be nice. And cute. But... Oh, well. We'll find out. I kinda agree with some of the other posts- it would be nice if a boy and a girl could be "just friends-" I'm just partial to K/N.
                        But if Nita doesn't end up with Kit, PLEASE not Ronan. I just don't like Ronan, I suppose it could be name-association, but... In my opinion, the only thing he's got going for him is the accent. Of course, it's a GOOD accent.
                        Ka kite
                        Tui

Tuibird in Aotearoa
                        Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
                        Chocolate lover extraordinaire... mmmmyummmm
                        IT'S SUMMER!! WOOHOO!
                        My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
                        Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Originally posted by Nita:And I also go for the accent Orlando Bloom that guy off of secret garden see a pattern formeing?

*Nita*
                          Which Secret Garden? I've never seen a good production (unlike A Little Princess) but I keep the Hallmark one just for Barrett Oliver.

Inside every cynic there's an idealist desperately yearning to be let out, and when they are let out they're usually a real pain and cause all sorts of trouble. --Chris Boucher

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth: (snipped by Rowen)
                            1. He's Irish!
                            3. He's Irish!
                            5. He's Irish!
                            5) He's opinionated ( I love stong minded people)
                            6) He looks adorable as a "sodden beer mat"
                            7) Strictly personal, I used to date someone just like him....
                            Beautiful, but did you notice the two fives? He he. What do we care about a little repetition, eh? Did I mention he's Irish?

<Maybe Kit can pair up with Dairine? (JUST KIDDING! Don't hurt me!)>

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and voice a little secret of mine: I think that Dari *might* be a better "match" for Kit...

Let the wrath descend!
                            You know, even though I ment this as a joke, this is sounding good . . . I mean, Kit and Nita are too insecure to have a relationship together. They would keep paniking about what the other one was thinking and there would be a serious lack of communication. (ie _The Wizard's Dilemma_) If we put Ronan and Dairine in the mix, then things will be more stable. Plus it would all be worth it to see (read?) the look on Nita's face when she found out about Kit and Dari! Hehehehehe.

*wanders off into the madness*

Yours till the bed spreads,
                            Rowen Avalon
                            mysites/ravensiggys/constitutionality
                            Rowen Avalon

"I told you she was going to turn you into a soggy beermat. No one ever listens to me." - Jonny, AWAb (My fav moment!)
                            "IB helps you with stress management. It throws all this stress at you and says, 'Manage it!' Then you have your b

Comment

Hrmmm...

Dairine was mildly bemused by the sight of them; she was going to have to stop calling her sister plain or stupid-looking, and as for Kit, the thought crossed Dairine's mind that it was a pity Nita had a claim on him. It's the light, of course, she thought; it wouldn't last. But it was kind of a shame.
                              High Wizardry, page 228

You go, girl!

Comment

But why RONAN??? What is so cool about Ronan? Kit and Dairine- OK, I'm converted (well, sorta) But can't Nita date someone else? ANYONE else? Please? I mean, opinionated, yes, leather, yes, Irish, YES- but he's broody, bad-tempered, and sulky. I don't like that! Oh. well... not as if it's any of my business, but...
                                Actually, that might be why I like K/N- because otherwise he'd have to end up with Ronan, and I on't like Ronan. Hmm. Maybe.. Doesn't ANYONE agree with me?
                                Ka kite
                                Tui

Tuibird in Aotearoa
                                Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
                                Chocolate lover extraordinaire... mmmmyummmm
                                IT'S SUMMER!! WOOHOO!
                                My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
                                Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Working...
                                X