No announcement yet.

Harry Potter vs. Nita and Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The only girls in their group"? Ginny and Dairine don't count?

Yes, they could be overshadowed by You-Know-Who/the Lone Power, but somehow it seems highly unlikely that their friends wouldn't have noticed and done something about it.
    New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Ginny vs Dairine...

... the duel of the redheaded girls...

... presumably they're both allowed their pets, so Ginny has her Pygmy Puff and Dairine has Spot. It'll be a little unbalanced, won't it?
      Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Originally posted by kli6:
        Cf, you're joking, right? PM is one of the biggest HP fans I know!

My big question would be: why would they fight each other? I figure they'd all be friends--especially Nita and Hermione.

(and why am I reminded of a three-week long USENET rec.arts.sf endless debate about "Who'd win--the Enterprise? Or the Death Star?"...)
        Death star?!?! I LOVE star wars! is there really a topic on that?!?!
        Sorry PM, getting of the subject...picky picky moderators...
        Darth Vader is my idol

Comment

luv2read, the debate I mentioned would have been about 15 or 16 years ago. Back before the new Star Wars flicks came out. And it was mostly settled when someone pointed out that it wasn't a matter of who had warp drives vs. lightspeed engines, or big guns vs. phasers vs. photon torpedos, but rather, the Enterprise was the Federation, who were the Good Guys; while the Death Star was the Empire, who were the Bad Guys...
          New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

but rather, the Enterprise was the Federation, who were the Good Guys; while the Death Star was the Empire, who were the Bad Guys...
            So it would be done in a two parter over the end of a season. The Death Star would appear to win at the end of the first episode and then the Enterprise would pull through in the end.

... sorry.. I'm in a _really_ strange mood...

Comment

"The only girls in their group"? Ginny and Dairine don't count?
              Sorry forgot to add them in and I kno that's rude but whatever
              Ginny vs Dairine...

... the duel of the redheaded girls...

... presumably they're both allowed their pets, so Ginny has her Pygmy Puff and Dairine has Spot. It'll be a little unbalanced, won't it?
              lol PM and luv2read my cousin is like you she can't shut up about how cute the actors r.
              AND IT WOULD BE A <span class="ev_code_GREEN">TIE!!!</span>

Country Music!!!

Comment

Im going with depends on if Harry can use Avra Kadvara (or however you spell it) and would he, simple green light then death is hard to beat.

Comment

Fairly obvious, isn't it?

I'd think it would be Nita and Kit. First off, it's 2 against 1. Secondly, YW spells are much more adaptable, with the wizard(s) in question being able to change parts of it to suit the situation. This could be good or bad, depending on what type of person you are, but since Nita and Kit have obviously proved that they can handle the brainwork, it's good.

Harry's advantage is that his spells don't require power from _him_, but the downside is they have to be spoken. Harry is merely a novice at non-verbal spells.

Avada Kedrava? I wonder if Harry could actually cast the spell. It seems to require power, which Harry has, sort of, and the right mindset, which Harry does not (IMO) (see GoF). If he could, there should be a spell to simply block, absorb, or reflect the energy of the spell back. In the HP universe there may not be one, but since YW wizardry works with the very universe itself...you get the idea (I hope ).

Nita and Kit could simply wash his brains, or if they want/need to kill him, just set a teleport spell with one end open to space. -evil laughter- Freeze without air, or burn! :/

Comment

Nita and Kit could possibly win. If they wanted too. They wouldn't allow theirselves to beat him too badly, for 1: it's against their natures.

As for Nita and Hermoine being friends, try Dairine and Hermoine being friends instead. Ginny, hmm, she would make an excellent friend for Nita.
                    the most amazing band in the world... The Science of Sleep... www.myspace.com/thescienceofsleepar

Comment

Harry can't even get Crucio to work in OotP, so I doubt he could get Avada Kedavra to work.

Of course, if Nita and Kit could tell what he was trying to do, they might think he was overshadowed, and not worry about how badly they beat him.

Dairine and Hermione do have similar "must know everything" personalities. However, as Dairine's 12-13, and Hermione is 17, at the end of their respective latest books, would they really be friends? (Plus, could Hermione cope with finding out someone so much younger than her already knew everything at the end of HW and forgot it?)
                      Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

lol how could you compare the two? ... well as far as fighting each other. plus, in HP, the wizard world is one that thrived on magic rather than science, and in YW it's all mixed together.

refering back to one of the first few posts (forgot which one): i dont think someone can truly say they like or dislike HP if they just watch the movies. unless you absolutely dislike magic or things like that. the movies just dont have all the info that books can hold.

LP and voldemort... hmm. well the LP created death and voldemort is just a cranky wizard trying to exact unending revenge upon everyone.

it's funny to think of the YW characters meeting the HP ones. i imagine mr. weasley following dairine and spot around asking a multitude of questions.
                        ~the unreality of reality~

Comment

nah, i dont need a new one. i've had this one since i joined. plus, i'm hardly on here anyways. using this one for the occaisional time that i am here wont be a huge problem right?
                          ~the unreality of reality~

Comment

Well, I personally think Nita & Kit, (Like almost everyone else here) because, yeah, they get tired, but if they get tired, can't they call in a relief pitcher? Err... wizard. I've been watching too much baseball. And, so what about the long spells? Can't Nita use her bracelet? Is that a spoiler? I don't know, anyway...

You Know Who & The Lone Power? Well, think about it. Wouldn't the LP annoy YKW to death? What with the sarcasm and superiorty and such. YKW would hate him, for being better/stronger than him, and then being beaten by two kids who are younger than the kids who usually kick YHW's butt. Then, how he's so sarcastic and such... Can't find a better word for it. Also, the LP is usually "beautiful" while YKW is so... downright ugly.

Ugh... I woke up at noon-30 min ago. That's too much thinking at this hour.
                            -----------------------------------------------------------------
                            Today I saw cancer, cigarettes and shortness of breath. This is why I walk to the ocean. Swim with sharks and jellyfish. I may never get this chance again. This is why if you want to

Comment

Well, I think that both series are wonderful. I enjoy reading Harry Potter books because they are so magical and the characters so real that I find it hard to believe that I haven't accidently walked through a wall yet. On the other hand, like Nita, I found the Young Wizards books on a shelf and just had to pick it up and haven't been able to stop reading ever since. Maybe the reason that the two series are being compared so much is because of their similarities: Good vs. Evil, magic, real work... But I do enjoy the idea of the Speach. That is something I would love to hear and see if I could understand it. If I could add one thing to both books, it would be the Speach to Harry Potter and the two word spells to Young Wizards. I don't think either is better a better book, but I do enjoy Harry Potter better because of some of the things I have picked up from it (and maybe because I read it first) but for all you YW fans out there, I absolutely adore them as well. -Dai, Shandurai
                              ~What are we, but alive Just To BE~

Comment

After further review, while I am still mad at JK Rowling for not making her book make much sense (as compared to YW with all the who gets wizardry, and why), I must say, she has a way of spell binding you into this story. So, though I love YW to peices, I must admit HP is up there. But it's not my favorite. My favorites are YW, The Inkheart Trilogy (by Cornelia Funke), and a few random books by Andrew Clements, ,a book called Island of the Strangers, and another called In the Stone Circle. (Andrew Celments: The Report Card, A School Story, really the latter, because it's like me. But I'm digressing).

YW is better, for some reasons which I'm sure were already said, but I believe that HP has at least a chance in winning my heart. But it won't. So HAH!
                                just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

Working...
                                X