Harry Potter will triumph
    12.50%
    Nita and Kit will Triumph
    65.00%
    It will be a tie
    20.00%
    all 3 of them will die
    2.50%
    Reading is important. Reading is a way of life. Without reading you are nothing. Without reading you are stupid. Without reading there is no language. READ READ READ!

nita and kit will triumph if there is a movie

Comment

Nita and kit will win because their type of magic is practical, magic like HP isnt (but i sill like HP).
      The Answer to life the universe and everything: CREW 42!!!!!!!!
      DON'T PANIC!!!!! *two seconds later once the plan does not work* OK PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      I have a spelling problem. SYWTBAW

Comment

Well its an easy decision. NITA AND KIT!!! All the way. If HP were to win i would be digusted. I think the magic in YW is more realistic than HP if it just cheap crappy copy of YW. I hate HP i cant even get through the first freaking 4 pages. The movies are easier to watch but YW totally rules. IF YW became a movie i would so be so totally happy and it would kill HP!
        Dai All
        Tori
        Love and be loved

Comment

nita and kit would win. they are more experianced (they have been around since the 80's ) and as was stated before, their magic is more practical and powerful.
          also in the HP books they said HP was a weak wizard (no extrodanary power)
          " duct tape, the substance that binds the universe together" Tom Swale

"Magic, like life, is what you make it, so make it good" A Wise Man

Comment

Nita and Kit would totaly win. Harry'd cast some spell and Neets'd do that gauntlet thing, and Harry'd be on the ground, begging for mercy.

-Ben
            Ben, the Perkigoth
            Tall, dark, and drop dead handsome (jk)

Comment

ahhh, I am surrounded by HP haters!! See now, Harry would win, because all he'd have to do is cast immobulous and they'd both be down on the ground...or stupify, that would work, too...yes, I am a Harry Potter fan, alright?? But I still love the Young Wizards *huggles Neets and Kit*
              "In the contemporary world where things fall apart and the center will not hold, you have to imagine a community where there is no center." - John Green

Comment

OH COME ON!!! it's true, YW's magic makes more sense, but DON'T BE HATIN'!!! i love harry!

MY sister went to Alaalid and came back happy. i was miserable for weeks because of it.(beat that!!!)

Comment

Hmm... interesting poll. I'm not going to vote in it as I believe that the two series are in different leagues. Very different leagues. One of the series is well written, and the other is, well... written.

On the other hand however, most of the people who have posted in this thread have been eaten by Poot. Please make your posts longer, as our forum demon is starting to feel rather full.
                  For those of you who are new here, Dai'stiho and welcome, just remember that DD acutually pays for the boards our of Her own pocket. As such, please make each post count. Please take time to read the FAQs in the Newbie Zone.

Alla

Comment

While I love the Harry Potter books, I think that Nita and Kit would win. I find Harry to be a very unremarkable wizard who seems to just get lucky a lot. While Nita and Kit have thwarted the Lone Power numerous times. Harry would so get his butt kicked.

Comment

It's sort of a tough question. Though I'm in favor of Nita and Kit it could be a tie because both groups use magic. Acutally I think it would lean in favor of the YW wizards because Nita has her charm bracelet and both can use the partical excellerator(sp? right name for the weapon?) and just blast him but I dont think they would because it would speed up entropy. They also have most of their best magic ready to be used with one syllable, though HP just has to say one word too. So Im not sure who would win.
                      "Fairest and Fallen, greetings and defiance!" I would rather be hated for who i am than be loved for who i pretend to be!
                      "People...stop being mean to each other.
                      Especially for the sake of laughs. IT SPEEDS UP ENTROPY." -Diane Duane in chat.
                      "T

Comment

It's definetly a tough desision. I mean Harry Potter is such a powerful wizard. But then again, with Nita and Kit piared together, Harry Potter would probobly be no match for them. I mean if it were like just nita, or just kit against him, they would totally loose. But paired together, theres just no contest!
                        Don't take life so seriously- you wont get out alive anyway.
                        I just got lost in thought…it was unfamiliar territory.
                        If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown too?

Comment

I agree with Alla. The Harry Potter books aren't even in the same league as the YW series, in, basically, anything; plot, characterization, even (or especially) writing. YW is just so clearly superior. And the types of magic are so totally different.

Besides...I've never understood the point of questions like this...

They're all good guys! They wouldn't fight each other!

Blue

Comment

Ok, don't beat me up for this, but I think they might actually tie. *wards off several punches with spell* Suprisingliy enough, i've actually got a reason for this. ok, firSt off, if you want to be realistic, which, judging by several of your poste about the realism of yw, you do, their worlds are so differant that, for them to even fight they would have to be an another world, where both the magic of harry potter and the wizardry of Young Wizards would work, the differences of which would most likly through them off to an extent to make them doing any of this difficult, at best, impossible, at worst. Then, If they did do battle, there magic is so different it's hard to really compare them, but if you did, chances are they really would tie. I mean, his one word spells would hit them too fast to use anything other then ready made spells, plus they'd get tired and he'd still be going strong, what with the way their respective magic and wizardry work. at the same time, their spells are more powerful, and they have more experiance. chances are, eventually, nita and kit would run out of power, and harry would get tired of throwing useless spells at their shields, so they'd tie. I mean lets face it, their worlds are just to different for them to really battle.
                            I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                            For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Although most of us might be a little biased here. After all this is the YW boards.... I reckon they would tie. Mainly because I can't decide. I love them all!

Comment

Working...
                              X